Khabib is the only UFC champ...

Seems like you are struggling to comprehend that this thread is not about the rankings the UFC has absolute control over.
Tbh, I don't particularly care about some random rankings. They've little to no credibility..

Unless fightmatrix had Conor as unranked, that doesn't make sense. Dustin hasn't even beaten a #3 fighter yet.

Right, I have to explain this again..
Khabib is the undisputed champ, therefore obviously he is ranked higher. Do you understand..
<{walkerwhut}>

<LikeReally5> A belt he got by fighting the real estate agent. Are you ignoring they stripped Tony of his belt to give that one to Iaquinta? Fight Matrix doesn't rank according to who Dana decides to give a belt to.

<LikeReally5> A belt he got by fighting the real estate agent. Are you ignoring they stripped Tony of his belt to give that one to Iaquinta? Fight Matrix doesn't rank according to who Dana decides to give a belt to.
What a surprise, the real estate agent narrative. You know that real estate agent, beat Kevin Lee, who Ferg beat for his interim belt. Anyway, it doesn't matter, Khabib 'unified' his belt Vs the linear champ McGregor.

Tbh, I don't particularly care about some random rankings. They've little to no credibility..
The number of posts you have in this thread suggests that you do care, and plenty.

The number of posts you have in this thread suggests that you do care, and plenty.
Most of the posts are me replying to beatdowns and newsguy. I fail to understand why you give a shit..
My point still stands I don't really regard unofficial rankings with any degree of credibility.

Demetrious Johnson is not ranked in the top 3 in the world? that's pathetic

Far better fighters ? Who..
I would regard Ferg's best win as RDA, guess what Khabib beat him too.
<{outtahere}>

Another of Ferg's victories Kevin Lee, Khabib beat Raging Al who beat Lee.

Khabib beat Johnson, who beat Ferg..

You get the picture. It's a fallacy to say Ferg has beat a far better standard of opponent
<[analyzed}>

No. I don’t get the picture. MMAth doesn’t work. Styles make fights.
Because Khabib beat Al and he beat Lee, doesn’t mean Khabib beats Lee. He has very good grappling and far better kicks than Khabib. Lee destroyed Barboza and finished him. Something Khabib couldn’t. There’s your math.

Also, Ferg fought against Johnson with a broken arm ...
Ferg stopped Trujillo. Khabib couldn’t.
Ferg stopped Tibau. Khabib arguably lost to him.
Ferg stopped Barboza. Khabib couldn’t.
Ferg fucked up and bloodied RDA. Khabib didn’t make a scratch and just laid on him.
See a pattern?

At least Ferg fights anyone. Khabib only wants low ranked strikers with no grappling ...

Who cares, he beats these #1 and 2 easily

No. I don’t get the picture. MMAth doesn’t work. Styles make fights.
Because Khabib beat Al and he beat Lee, doesn’t mean Khabib beats Lee. He has very good grappling and far better kicks than Khabib. Lee destroyed Barboza and finished him. Something Khabib couldn’t. There’s your math.

Also, Ferg fought against Johnson with a broken arm ...
Ferg stopped Trujillo. Khabib couldn’t.
Ferg stopped Tibau. Khabib arguably lost to him.
Ferg stopped Barboza. Khabib couldn’t.
Ferg fucked up and bloodied RDA. Khabib didn’t make a scratch and just laid on him.
See a pattern?

At least Ferg fights anyone. Khabib only wants low ranked strikers with no grappling ...
Going by your assumption, that Lee would do well against Khabib, I'll ignore the rest of your post..
Lee's cardio is dog shit, RDA was landing TD's against him at will. Khabib subs him within 2..
<bball2>

Neither do the UFC rankings.

Masvidal. 2-2 in his last 4 fights. 6-4 in his last 10 fights. Ranked 3rd at WW.

Ponz. 7 wins in a row. Ranked 8th LMAO.

Let's not act like any "rankings" really have credibility.

Fight Matrix sucks but it's whole premise is who you fought and he's fought like 3 ranked guys so iz normal.

Poirier being ahead of Conor is an absolute joke. How does the champ champ and former P4P #1 lose one fight and then plummet off the rankings? I can get Tony being ranked above Conor, but when Conor destroyed DP and beat a common opponent, Eddie, way more impressively, why even bother? Lots of people loving DP now but he is not as improved as people think: he beat the guys he was supposed, got wrecked by MJ, and then beat Holloway, a guy he already beat, matches up well with and never even won at LW bout. The fact he is fighting for the belt is an absolute joke.

I think you mean 11. Right now, BEFORE the Poirier/Khabib fight, Tony's resume IS better than Khabib's, but if Khabib beats Poirier his resume then becomes better than Tony's.
A case can be made for Tony having more big name wins, but the style in which he won was not even close to Khabib's dominance. Tony nearly lost fights, got dropped in nearly every fight, lost rounds probably 10-7 (Lando) and Khabib never even lost a round. It's just totally different levels.

The match has to be made tho. Shame Tony won the belt vs Lee, all that time ago, neither he or Khabib has lost and they still have not fought.

A case can be made for Tony having more big name wins, but the style in which he won was not even close to Khabib's dominance. Tony nearly lost fights, got dropped in nearly every fight, lost rounds probably 10-7 (Lando) and Khabib never even lost a round. It's just totally different levels.

The match has to be made tho. Shame Tony won the belt vs Lee, all that time ago, neither he or Khabib has lost and they still have not fought.
I agree with your point, but when I say Tony's resume is better I am looking strictly at Tony's UFC record compared to Khabib's. He is 14-1 in the UFC and his current winstreak is better than Khabib's.

Of course if we also look at HOW Tony/Khabib won their fights, then Khabib becomes the obvious pick for better resume, but most people don't look at that when they're judging whose resume is better.

Khabib is the only UFC champ that isn't ranked #1 in the world by Fight Matrix.
In fact he's not even #2.

Fight Matrix world mma rankings (7/7/2019) 1,2 & 3:

HW
DC, Stipe, Ngannou

LHW
Jones, Santos, Smith

MW
Whittaker, Romero, Adesanya

WW
Usman, Woodley, Covington

LW
Poirier, Tony, Khabib

FW
Max, Volkanovski, Ortega

BW
Cejudo, Sterling, Moraes

FlyW
Benavidez, Formiga, Pantoja (I assume they consider Henry a BW. Same with Nunes)

WMMA:
FW: Justino; BW: Nunes; FlyW: Shevchenko

Agree or Disagree?
How would you rank the top 3 LWs?
...but he is ranked number 1 by beating the linear champion and that is all that counts (the same champ that already beat #1 ranked Poirier.)

He got his title by beating Al Iaquinta...

He defended his title by beating a guy who doesn't even care about MMA...

The rankings make sense.
Anyone with any brains knows that Tony won his title against a much tougher opponent has a murderer's row of victories.
Tony beat the guy that already got beat by Khabib ‘s guy. Sorry..

He got his title by beating Al Iaquinta...

He defended his title by beating a guy who doesn't even care about MMA...

The rankings make sense.
Anyone with any brains knows that Tony won his title against a much tougher opponent has a murderer's row of victories.

so kevin lee is a better guy than al who kevin lee lost to. please.

khabib cant help that tony lost to a power cord and al had the balls to fight khabib on hours notice.

Back