Khabib is the only UFC champ...

Complete and utter nonsense..
{<jordan}

I get you don't rate Khabib, but please have some objectivity ffs. Anyway, the rankings are not based on 'LW legacy', Khabib is the champ so obviously he should be ranked above Tony.
Compare both their resumes, it’s not even close.

RDA
Horcher
Johnson
Barboza
Al (short notice)
Mcgregor (drunkard coming off 2 year layoff)

Compared to:
Trujillo
Tibau
Thomson
Barboza
Vannata
RDA
Lee
Pettis
Cerrone

The 3 opponents in common, Trujillo - Tibau - Barboza, Tony subbed all 3 of em when Khabib couldn’t even finish them and arguably lost to Tibau

Their resumes aren’t even close. Mainly because while Tony was fighting, Khabib kept pulling out due to injuries and weight cutting complications.

Compare both their resumes, it’s not even close.

RDA
Horcher
Johnson
Barboza
Al (short notice)
Mcgregor (drunkard coming off 2 year layoff)

Compared to:
Trujillo
Tibau
Thomson
Barboza
Vannata
RDA
Lee
Pettis
Cerrone

The 3 opponents in common, Trujillo - Tibau - Barboza, Tony subbed all 3 of em when Khabib couldn’t even finish them and arguably lost to Tibau

Their resumes aren’t even close. Mainly because while Tony was fighting, Khabib kept pulling out due to injuries and weight cutting complications.
I see your using context for Khabib's opponents, but not Tony's ? Staph infected Lee, Lando short notice etc..
Left out Healy and Trujillo for Khabib too..
They actually have 4 opponents in common, Ferg lost to Johnson.

Lando isn’t even a good win and Lee ended up getting finished by RDA anyways. Khabib never even fought him.

The last 6 fights aren’t even close.

Ferg won interim belt against Kevin Lee, who Raging Al beat..
I don't really understand your logic here.

Al wasn’t even ranked in the top 10 when he fought Khabib... on short notice. It is by far the easiest path to a Title in the modern era.

Khabib is an amazing fighters, and has received hype and praise for a long time, but he has also been very inactive, and for a long time, his only good win was against RDA(b4 he was Champ). Khabib’s other recent top win is against Edson, who is 5-5 in his last 10(he lost to Kevin Lee in his very next fight after fighting Khabib), and who doesn’t do very well against good wrestlers/grapplers.

When Kevin fought for the Title, he was on a 5 fight win streak, and had won 9 out of his last 10 fights in the UFC,

im tried of people who think khabib is ducking tony. you not ducking someone you signed to fight 4 times.

i hope tony vs khabib really does happen but i would understand the ufc being to gun shy to book it a 5th time.
Never said ducking. His weight issues were just that: weight issues.
It wasn't lack of desire, just discipline, in that case.

The other scrapped matches are just a series of tragedies.
Hopefully they fight soon to satisfy all us fight fans and the rankings.

He beat a drunk coming off a playboy lifestyle with 2 years off time and he hasn't defended once.

Never said ducking. His weight issues were just that: weight issues.
It wasn't lack of desire, just discipline, in that case.

The other scrapped matches are just a series of tragedies.
Hopefully they fight soon to satisfy all us fight fans and the rankings.

you didnt but people still do think that.

since khabib pulled out of the 2nd tony fight week he not had any issues so that talk needs to stop.

but you cant blame the ufc if they are to gun shy to book it a 5th time.

Back