Khabib is modern day Fedor

Jesus Christ a lot of people posting here are stupid.

How the fuck is Khabib much better than prime Fedor? The answer is he isn’t.

Who was prime fedors best win?
Hes not even the top 5 best hw all time in the world
His best wins where nog and cro cop got destroyed in the ufc

Oldman mw ktf him out
Anderson choked that mw and dc throwed him like a helpless kid

He looked like a god figjting pro wrestlers
Kabib fought legit fighters and looked like a god

Wich is better huh?

So Ferguson modern day Crocop from Pride with his fear factor

If they ever did a movie about him it would be called "Attack of the human blanket".
This made me LOL
how long have you held onto this comment? Were you mad that Fitch left the ufc before you had a chance to say it?? Khabib's been finishing the top guys in the division and even stood with and dropped the so called "best striker of all time" Conner McGregor. Lol at your nonsense comment

Yeah, beating champions long after they are champs... that's awesome.

Yet they were all from the same era. You understand that, correct? This isn’t the equivalent of a young lion beating a former champ.

Russian, undefeated, undisputed, undamaged, more dominant than anyone, destroys everyone in his path, never been rocked, humble, soft-spoken, likes desserts....yes? no? Discuss.
No

please post the ones that are not facts?
Please i beg you?

Sure.

You said "Both cro cop and nog got exposed fighting in the ufc". That isn't a fact. What is a fact is that they both lost in the UFC. The "exposed" part is just your opinion as one could argue both fighters were well past their primes. In the case of Nogueira, he was still able to become an interim champion and remain top ranked for several years.

Cheers.

Sure.

You said "Both cro cop and nog got exposed fighting in the ufc". That isn't a fact. What is a fact is that they both lost in the UFC. The "exposed" part is just your opinion as one could argue both fighters were well past their primes. In the case of Nogueira, he was still able to become an interim champion and remain top ranked for several years.

Cheers.
They where exposed
Thats a fact
Seriously u dont question these guys skills?
They just leaved pride fighting pro wrestlers and all of a sudden they got beaten by average ufc hw's?

Khabib , like many other fighters , cut weight to have an advantage over their opponents. Fedor does not , and he takes fights in different weidht classes. He was one of the few fighters that can finish a fight by an impressive submission or knockout. His skillet was excellent and fight IQ is what makes him unique even among great fighters.

They where exposed
Thats a fact
They just leaved pride fighting pro wrestlers and all of a sudden they got beaten by average ufc hw's?

PRIDE was stronger and had better competition than UFC. UFC was minor league. PRIDE had more money, bigger audience, and could afford and bring better fighters and better international competition. You had McGee, Eliers and Buentello fighting for belt in UFC as no. 1 contenders at that time. How did McGee and Rizzo do in PRIDE?

Both Cro Cop and Nog had more fights before coming to UFC than modern UFC fighters have when they are retiering. If JDS and Cain switched now to some new dominant ogranisation, they would surely be on decline and their record in upcoming years would surely be nowhere as good as in 1st part of their careers.

In Cro Cop's case you also have a big negative impact of different rules and cage as totally different and new environment. UFC, cage and unified rules are set heavily in favour of wrestling and avoiding direct confrontation in big round space, fence stalling, circling and distance. And those things are all very negative to Cro Cop and gave straight advantage to his opponents, and they did not exist in PRIDE ring.

Put Jones in ring, in much smaller space, with forbidden elbows and PRIDE, RINGS or PANCRASE settings, and he would be nowhere as good as in UFC & cage and would lose fights to average fighters.

They where exposed
Thats a fact

To learn what a fact is you must young padawan.

Why would I question the skills of a multiple time world champion, who has the most top wins in HW history and defeated several former (and one future) UFC champions? That's just silly.

I would rather compare kebab to Randy Couture.
They are similar in clinching grappling and having virtually no striking game.
(although Tim Sylvia would disagree)

But I think most kebab fans never heard of Randy, and probably started watching MMA
in the past 3 years.

Russian, undefeated, undisputed, undamaged, more dominant than anyone, destroys everyone in his path, never been rocked, humble, soft-spoken, likes desserts....yes? no? Discuss.

Why would you diminish Khabib's accomplishments like that? Fedor's myth was built primarily on an insular, protected, inbred circle in Japan. He was in the right place at the right time to capitalize on an anti-ufc sentiment that ran at a fever's pitch among fan boys and became the temporary standard bearer for that identity. Saying Fedor was the greatest ever became synonymous with sticking it to the man. Once exposed to even a B level promotion he was decimated. There are no MMA myths as misleading as Fedor,

Except he's a LW.

I would love to see Khabib v. GSP at 163 catch weight.

Yes and they're about the same size too lol
FZ3PvGoGvKk.jpg

Although their opponents aren't

To learn what a fact is you must young padawan.

Why would I question the skills of a multiple time world champion, who has the most top wins in HW history and defeated several former (and one future) UFC champions? That's just silly.

lol?
Yeah so a champ fighting pro wrestlers are equal to champs that are fighting legit fighters?
Ok i get it

Pretty sure Fedor beat more former UFC champs than Khabib, scrub.

Khabib beat actual UFC champs. Fedor never even fought a UFC champ, let alone a UFC fighter.

Comparing Khabib to Fedor is an insult to Khabib

Khabib is a monster and he's in very rare air as having that aura of utter dominance that only a few people have had that in my years of watching MMA I can remember... Fedor, Jones, prime Anderson, GSP, Aldo

Fedor felt a little more 'undefeatable' at the time as he had excellent striking also, which Khabib has shown if anything, that's where to beat him.

Probably the closest thing we have at the moment. Khabib has more 'low tier' names on his resume at the equivalent point but both were completely dominant in the premier MMA organisation of the time

Jones is another one, but has been caught for PEDs, and has fought a few undersized or past prime fighters, and has squeeked by on a couple of occasions also.

Imagine if Khabib fought Cm Punk for the title. That's the type of fights Fedor had every 2nd or 3rd fight while "on top"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back