News Khabib: I was 80% sure Tibau would get his hand raised

Octagon control is a thing. It was a very close fight but there was nothing wrong with the decision.

And other than that close fight Khabib has dominated all his fights. every single one. So there really isn't much left to that argument.

I thought Khabib won, Tibau was on the defense the entire time. If Tibau got out of the clinch he may have won the fight but he struggled to get off the fence. It could of gone either way, even if Tibau won people would say Khabib won. Can't please everyone.
No, Tibau landed 2 take downs on Khabib and the striking was trash from both. Should have been a draw

Tibau did not do anything to win that fight.

You don't defend for 85% of a fight, achieve nothing and win.

If your name is Mayweather, you go 50-0 that way. I know, I know. It’s a los or bs.

No, Tibau landed 2 take downs on Khabib and the striking was trash from both. Should have been a draw

Khabib landed more damage and was the aggressor the entire fight, Tibau landed a few counters and two very brief takedowns. Khabib was controlling Tibau and putting the pressure on him, which I think it was more important than two brief take downs and some minor counters. Yes it could have been a draw, but it is in no way a robbery.

Octagon control is a thing. It was a very close fight but there was nothing wrong with the decision.

And other than that close fight Khabib has dominated all his fights. every single one. So there really isn't much left to that argument.

Exactly this. It seems people don't understand the scoring criteria. Khabib was the aggressor and landed the harder shots. I had it 29-28 Khabib.

"Tibau beat Khabib."

"Well Castillo beat Tony. So did Johnson who Khabib dominated."

"That was freak occurrence as Tony broke his arm in the 1st & still finished the fight. Look at how Tony finished Barboza & Tibau, something Khabib couldn't do."

"Yeah but Khabib dominated RDA 30-27, Tony barely won."

"Tony fought championship-level RDA though & beat him 49-46 at altitude."

"Tony gets hurt every fight tho."

"He's finished every fight he's been hurt in, Pettis, Lando, Lee(kinda). He's never been as close to being sub'd as Khabib was vs Poirier tho. And Tony has more subs in the UFC than Poirier has in his career."

I could go on & on, these 2 really need to fight.

Hahaha I was thinking that, he must have been fucking hammered. When the guy pushes him off Penn says something and kind of just looks at him while he's getting punched. He actually looked really good in the first round against Guida, must have taken a lot of drinks from fans to get him immobile

Fuck, Tibau does look like a freaking chemical factory product in that fight

Leonard Garcia dominated fights by throwing dozens of wild misses.

I mean he certainly attempted more offense (regardless of success).

<BC1>
Idiots will ignore this based on this post's like count.

Tibau did not do anything to win that fight.

You don't defend for 85% of a fight, achieve nothing and win.

WOW! One picture that proves Tibau did so much in that fight!

I've seen the fight. Tibau did jack shit by circle into the cage for most of it.

He lost, and deseved to lose.

Btw, how did your shitty predictions for Porier Khabib go :) ?

Very boring fight, judges probably fell asleep like everyone in the crowd. Its no robbery, because there was no "fight" , it was awful. I love Khabib and he is awesome and a phenom, but that fight was just plain unwatchable.

This is kind of what the haters have for now. A fight 7 years ago. Funny.
Their hopes of Dustin beating Khabib vanished fast so now they are back to the Thibau fight, then it will be "Tony is beating Khabib for sure", then again Thibau, then maybe a bit of Gaethje will get this, mixed with some Conor won the 3rd round.. Must be hard for them.

Back