News Khabib: I was 80% sure Tibau would get his hand raised

watching it i think i had 29-28 Tibau, but who cares, it was very close and Tibau was a 200 lbs walking pharmacy

also, to be honest nothing happened in that fight, just TDs being stopped, some wall'n'stall and unimpressive shots from both men, definitely not a robbery.

Even Habib knows Tibau won.

giphy.gif

it was a competitive fight but Habib won the 3 rounds

You don't fail at attacking for 85% of a fight, achieve nothing and win.

In the case that your opponent does barely any offensive action of their own, you do, simply through octagon control and aggression.

Tibau had every steroid known to man in his system in that fight.

Lol at the khabib haters still clinging on to that tibau fight.

Half y'all prolly just watched it yesterday.

In the case that your opponent does barely any offensive action of their own, you do, simply through octagon control and aggression.

Are you on crack? Khabib was far away the more aggressive fighter and dictated the pace. Tibau was on the back foot the entire time besides 1 take down in which Khabib got up in 6 seconds.

I thought Khabib won, Tibau was on the defense the entire time. If Tibau got out of the clinch he may have won the fight but he struggled to get off the fence. It could of gone either way, even if Tibau won people would say Khabib won. Can't please everyone.

In this very old Russian interview at around 3:50 minute mark Khabib discusses the Tibau fight.

The interviewer asks him “you were really happy after your first win, but you seemed much more serious and even cried after the decision versus Tibau”

Khabib says “Yeah, I already knew I was going to get my hand raised in the first fight, but in the second fight I thought they might give the win to Tibau since he was the veteran with 16 fights there, I was about 80% sure they’d give it to him so when they raised my hand it was a burst of emotions. But then I rewatched my fight and I saw I mostly dominated and deserved the win”

A few other interesting quotes from the interview

- “I’d really like to fight Diaz, he’s well known and he’s got a champion level recognition, he might be more popular than Benson”

- “I saw all the ring girls, they’re all not bad, but I can’t take what’s not mine”

F1BC7501-5DF6-4B40-8351-4762EB253266.gif

Are you on crack? Khabib was far away the more aggressive fighter and dictated the pace. Tibau was on the back foot the entire time besides 1 take down in which Khabib got up in 6 seconds.

Re-read my post.

I am taking about Khabib.

This is kind of what the haters have for now. A fight 7 years ago. Funny.

A win is a win. What you and me think doesn't matter. Judges score is what matters, watching a fight real time is much different than that on TV. Many also believe that Jones lost to Santos and Gus.
Yeah you're right, watching a fight in real time from ringside is much different then watching it in real time on T.V.

The main difference being the one watching it on T.V has a far better view of the action and doesn't only see it from 1 angle making it much easier to miss things.

I just watched this the other day. Close fight but still decisive enough in Khabib's favor to give him the W. He may have lost the third round, but that's it. I couldn't believe how surprised Rogan and Goldberg where when they heard the scorecards
Weird you say that, I thought round 2 was the most decisive for Tibau

Back