Khabib, hero in Russia?

mmadude360

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabibi is in talks of possibly being awarded one of Russia's highest awards in "Hero of Russia."

https://www.rt.com/sport/505699-tszyu-khabib-hero-of-russia/

While being respected by some Russian athletes, most agree that him getting that award is nuts, he is no hero and ask what he has done besides fight for prize money? He is a great and ballsy fighter, but after looking at said list of past recipients I have to agree that Khabib shouldn't sniff this award.

Greatest sambo fighter to ever exist, he deserves it

Khabibi is in talks of possibly being awarded one of Russia's highest awards in "Hero of Russia."

https://www.rt.com/sport/505699-tszyu-khabib-hero-of-russia/

While being respected by some Russian athletes, most agree that him getting that award is nuts, he is no hero and ask what he has done besides fight for prize money? He is a great and ballsy fighter, but after looking at said list of past recipients I have to agree that Khabib shouldn't sniff this award.

Kostya is right.

Comparing Khabib to....Karelin??

Meh, it's just a silly award. Sports figures are revered in society whether you like it or not, and Khabib is one of the greatest and most accomplished sports figures in modern Russian history. He deserves recognition.

Looking at the recipients. Cosmonauts and veterans mostly. Only athlete got 5 medals in the olympics. Yet also Kadyrov's son got one. So are Khabibs achievments enought to compare with 5 olympic medals or being a strongmans son?

he is a huge hero and could improve the relations between the caucasus muslims and slav russians who hate each other because the caucasians beat the slavs daily 1 vs 1 and are more manly + refuse to change which makes the slavs salty.

but with khabib it could be a good move for putin tbh

I play games with Russian folks and for some reason Khabib isn't well received among that crowd.

Russia fought for years to have dagestan as russian. Khabib is a hero in the russian caucasus, he is a hero in Russia. I am pretty sur he and his family invested huge amount of money in dagestan social programs, sport programs, city infrastructures etc

Back