Khabib, hero in Russia?

It was only a matter of time when Khabib became champion.

Russia fought for years to have dagestan as russian. Khabib is a hero in the russian caucasus, he is a hero in Russia. I am pretty sur he and his family invested huge amount of money in dagestan social programs, sport programs, city infrastructures etc

That's what my Dagestani friend says. To me, people like him are an exception. I don't normally like athletes being called heros.

People like Khabib, Lebron, Ali are a different case.

Ali - to be clear -is 50 times more influential than both of them put together.

Khabib = Koba from "Warrior"

Just waiting for a handsome American brother to kneebar him in the semis of some rando tournament

That's what my Dagestani friend says. To me, people like him are an exception. I don't normally like athletes being called heros.

He’s a hero of Dagestan, that’s for sure.

What did Lebron do?

Genuine question, don't follow NBA closely

What did Lebron do?

Genuine question, don't follow NBA closely

On the court? He's the 2nd greatest ever, probably.
Off the court? Crested a school for underprivileged, poor children. Gave job to people in his community. Put his own shoe sales on the line by protesting against police brutality against black people.

It isn't exactly Ali. His stances aren't controversial (and he refused to take a stand against China doe their HK issue) but he does more than most athletes.

Are you retarded? There's nothing Arab about him at all, Muslim and Arab are two different things.
It’s more about how Russian people see him - a foreigner representing a different (and even hostile) culture and nation.

It’s more about how Russian people see him - a foreigner representing a different (and even hostile) culture and nation.
Nothing about his post said its about how Russians see him, he said he's more arab than Russian, which is factually not true.

It seems most Americans think that Muslims and Arabs are the same thing no matter if they're a Bosnian or Pakistani Muslim. Very ignorant.

The effort put into his sports career is relative to those other peoples accomplishments. Imo athletic ability is more infrequent then intelligence. Lots of smart people exist, how many Michael Jordan’s are there.

On the court? He's the 2nd greatest ever, probably.
Off the court? Crested a school for underprivileged, poor children. Gave job to people in his community. Put his own shoe sales on the line by protesting against police brutality against black people.

It isn't exactly Ali. His stances aren't controversial (and he refused to take a stand against China doe their HK issue) but he does more than most athletes.
His off the court achivements doesn't really compare to Ali or even Khabib then

Nothing about his post said its about how Russians see him, he said he's more arab than Russian, which is factually not true.

It seems most Americans think that Muslims and Arabs are the same thing no matter if they're a Bosnian or Pakistani Muslim. Very ignorant.

I see the same thing on the nba forums. Any Armenian or Greek with black hair is an "Arab". A little confounding.

Back