Media Khabib: ''GSP is a little bigger than me but I've better wrestling''

I agree that GSP is definitely bigger than him but GSP is also almost 40, so its "fair" that GSP is the bigger guy, since Khabib is actually in his prime while GSP isn't. GSP has had 1 fight in the last 8 yrs. Asking a bigger guy to cut down 155 at this stage of his career, it would sap GSP too much

time stamp: 55:40

Can we end this ''Khabib was a big LW, natural WW nonsense''?

Do you guys think Khabib is lying about this, after his retirement and when we know they aren't going to fight already? Why Khabib would lie about this that we know they aren't going to fight and he has no desire to fight anymore?

I could agree, Khabib had trouble with cutting weight, like DC, that doesn't mean he is big, it means he is just a little fat, like DC was for 205.

Another thing is, look at Khabib's reach;

cvbcbc.jpg

fsdgdfgd.jpg

It's shorter than Featherweight Volkanovski.

Look at GSP's reach, it's gigantic reach compared to Khabib's reach.

cfgfgdfg.jpg

Another evidence is that Khabib was never that big inside the octagon, he wasn't even a top biggest size LWs on his era;

They said Khabib was never one of the biggest LWs inside the octagon;
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...s-last-fight-according-to-dan-hooker.4156993/
Lightweight
(2017) Drew Dober: 183 lbs
(2013) Gleison Tibau: 181 lbs
(2018) Paul Felder: 180 lbs
(2017) Davi Ramos: 179 lbs
(2019) Christos Giagos: 176.2 lbs
(2019) Dustin Poirier: 176 lbs
(2019) Drakkar Klose: 175.2 lbs
(2019) Khabib Nurmagomedov: 172.6 lbs
(2018) Conor McGregor: 171 lbs
(2017) Eddie Alvarez: 171 lbs
(2018) Alexander Hernandez: 170 lbs
(2019) Khama Worthy: 167.6 lbs
(2020) Justin Gaethje: 165 lbs
(2019) Devonte Smith: 163.8 lbs
(2018) BJ Penn: 163.5 lbs

Additional info;

Khabib: ''I won't fight at 170, that's for sure. It's not my natural weight. When I'm in shape my weight is around 180, to cut down to 170 and weigh in around 176 on fight night against the best fighter of the weight class in the history of the sport?''

As Khabib himself confirmed, even when he only cuts to 170 lbs, he can only be 176 lbs in the octagon,

So if he cuts weight to 155 lbs, it's accurate to say he is lighter than 176 lbs inside the octagon, so 172 lbs is definitely the accurate number, so the list is definitely true.

I don’t think fighter can be p4p when he so worried about a couple lbs

DC also struggled to cut weight to 205. He is just fat, not too big for 205.

It has nothing to do with being big, Khabib might be a little fat or because of injuries he might get a little fat, that's it.

Poirer said he was 190 pounds while fighting at Featherweight.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...b-even-when-he-was-fw.4165992/#post-163830563

Khabib said he is 180 pounds while fighting at Lightweight.

Poirer can cut weight better than Khabib, it has nothing to do with the size.

Khabib walks around at 195 and is definitely not fat.

Glad you brought up DC, because that is a great example of different body types. Sandhagen is taller than DC and Miguel Torres has a longer reach than him, but DC is a thicc boi. Height and reach are irrelevant to body type. There is also a MASSIVE difference between chubby boi DC and shredded 6 pack Khabib.

I just do not buy Khabib has a hard time cutting weight because he is fat. Dude is a disciplined as they come, does not drink, party or get out of shape and legit missed weight three times, almost died once and should have missed weight in his last fight but the Dubai commission rigged the scales for him in broad day light. Chances are he retired because the weight cut was too dangerous and he is afraid of fighting men his own size, like Usman or Colby (Colby actually is smaller than Khabib), and giving up those advantages which are so important to his success. Some fighters can deal with losing and thus more likely to take on huge risks - Khabib ain't one of them tho (see the way he reacted post Sambo loss - Ronda-esque meltdown). I am a huge Khabib fan too, but this will always be the asterisks next to his name if he stays retired.

Less competitive part of his career where he didn't cut weight.

Completely irrelevant to whether or not he was a big LW. Khabib struggled to make weight, because he employed shitty outdated dieting and weight cutting practices. When he worked with a professional nutritionist Tyler Minton who was associated with Lockhart, he had an easy weight cut, but later on Khabib fired the nutritionist, because he was afraid of a conflict of interests scenario, since Minton was also supposed to be the nutritionist for Max who Khabib was supposed to fight at one point. Tyler Minton is on record saying that Khabib could make FW, if he actually tried doing so in a dedicated fashion.

In reality, Khabib was never a big LW, just someone who never embraced the modern science of weight cutting.

May have been the less competitive part of his career but at least has significant experience at WW while GSP has zero experience at LW. Moving down rarely goes well for older athletes.

Khabib walks around at 195 and is definitely not fat.

Glad you brought up DC, because that is a great example of different body types. Sandhagen is taller than DC and Miguel Torres has a longer reach than him, but DC is a thicc boi. Height and reach are irrelevant to body type. There is also a MASSIVE difference between chubby boi DC and shredded 6 pack Khabib.

I just do not buy Khabib has a hard time cutting weight because he is fat. Dude is a disciplined as they come, does not drink, party or get out of shape and legit missed weight three times, almost died once and should have missed weight in his last fight but the Dubai commission rigged the scales for him in broad day light. Chances are he retired because the weight cut was too dangerous and he is afraid of fighting men his own size, like Usman or Colby (Colby actually is smaller than Khabib), and giving up those advantages which are so important to his success. Some fighters can deal with losing and thus more likely to take on huge risks - Khabib ain't one of them tho (see the way he reacted post Sambo loss - Ronda-esque meltdown). I am a huge Khabib fan too, but this will always be the asterisks next to his name if he stays retired.
Khabib literally said he is 180 lbs when he is in shape,

You random guy: ''Khabib is 195 pounds.''

It looks like everyone act like Khabib's nutritionist, and knows Khabib's weight better than Khabib himself.

When Khabib is above 180 lbs, by his own words, he is out of shape, meaning, +180 lbs Khabib is just fat.

I would put money on gsp. Khabib is fucking delusional.

Which fights GSP dominated exactly?

Hendricks? Lost minimum 2 rounds, could be even 3 rounds, people thought Hendricks won.

Nick Diaz? Yup, he dominated Nick for 5 rounds, but no 10-8 rounds or no finish.

Carlos Condit? He won 4 rounds, Condit perhaps won the 3rd round. Still no 10-8 rounds or no finish.

Jake Shields? Shields won 2 rounds, GSP won 3 rounds, no 10-8 rounds or no finish.

Koscheck? Perhaps won every round, still no 10-8 and no finish.

Hardy? No 10-8 or no finish.

Alves? No 10-8 or no finish.

None of the opponents that GSP faced are remotely close to Khabib's skill level. And still GSP was a decision machine, couldn't finish most of his opponents, couldn't even dominate with 10-8 rounds.

Khabib in his prime v GSP's prime would be a close fight, Khabib can get stronger in the latest rounds, if they were same size Khabib would definitely finish GSP, GSP's size might be a problem, but if they fight at 155, it won't be, Khabib can even dominate GSP at 155, if they fight at 170, and if Khabib prepares perfectly for that weight class, he might still win against GSP in a close decision.
Khabib fought 13 times in 8 years within the UFC

GSP defended his belt 9 times, with a title unification preceeding that, meaning 11 straight victories at welterweight were for a championship

I'm not even a GSP fan. Hes so far ahead of Khabib it's absurd you typed as much as you did

Here come the GSP lovers to defend their hero ....fucking almost makes me gag

Here come the GSP lovers to defend their hero ....fucking almost makes me gag
I absolutely hated GSP during his title run

Hes the better fighter by a considerable margin
Khabib defended his belt 3 times under USADA. GSP has 0 title defenses under USADA.

3 > 0.

Khabib > GSP.
Wouldn't that mean more chances for GSP to have fought juiced opponents? Like, Johny Hendricks perhaps?

Youre a fucking clown if you think GSP was juicing

I absolutely hated GSP during his title run

Hes the better fighter by a considerable margin

Wouldn't that mean more chances for GSP to have fought juiced opponents? Like, Johny Hendricks perhaps?

Youre a fucking clown if you think GSP was juicing
Gsp was clearly juicing .... look at him ffs

Khabib defended his belt 3 times under USADA. GSP has 0 title defenses under USADA.

3 > 0.

Khabib > GSP.
GsP becoming a double champ during USADA after another knee surgery & 4 year lay off > Khabib failing to make weight sometimes but finally being professional enough to get the belt.

Back