• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib Easily Outgrappling Bellator LHW Champ Corey Anderson Today

Anderson was not an impressive MMA adapted grappler and even by UFC standards, his wrestling credentials were unimpressive.

For those who don't know, he was a jr college and later Division III wrestler. This is completely unremarkable.

People saying he 'out wrestled DC' are high. DC would literally throw him out of a window if he felt like it. Khabib couldn't make a world team, let alone medal. The best wrestlers mop the floor with guys who mop the floor with Khabib.

He was a really incredible MMA grappler. I'd also add, he didn't really fight any impressive grapplers in the UFC. Even a middling Division II guy took him down. Dos Anjos was the best grappler he beat.

Tibau was for sure the best wrestler he ever faced. Ali Bagov maybe after that, both were able to take Khabib down.

I remember Couture talking about rolling around with him and how ridiculously strong Khabib felt, especially on top.

100 percent. The haters can cope but nobody has ever been as dominant in an mma cage. Jon Jones has a better resume but he’s had many life and death battles in the cage, arguably lost a couple.
Khabib would have too had he not retired on a weak resume. Part of being the GOAT is sticking around long enough to overcome adversity and everything else and maintain it.

Charles matched Khabib’s best wins in like 2 years and he was viewed as a quitter and a journeyman before he won the title.

Last edited:
And yet Corey Anderson would beat the ever living piss out of khabib In a fight. If dude was so good, he wouldn't half kill himself making lw.
Please name a fighter that don't cut weight.

Dustin Poirier admitted that he was 190 while fighting 145.
They all cut weight sir, no disrespect.

100 percent. The haters can cope but nobody has ever been as dominant in an mma cage. Jon Jones has a better resume but he’s had many life and death battles in the cage, arguably lost a couple.
GOAT Jones defended his LHW title like 15 times against killers. Khabob fought nobodies except like 4 opponents. Get a grip mate!

There's an extended video supposedly, though more than likely just this.
Best MMA Grappler Ever?

Well yeah

Khabib is a heavyweight

Not surprising that he outgrapples LHW Corey Anderson

Definitely not.

Khabib has a history of cheating. One of the most glaring examples is his last fight before joining the UFC. His opponent was a regional journeyman with 20+ losses and Khabib still felt the need to cheat by grabbing the ropes to prevent a takedown. Khabib's cheating was so egregious that the referee finally took a point away.

bf3c7c2ea88b42ad97d0a222d54e7a6f-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

06d3017aebdb4eefb8068808559958dc-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

Here is another example. Khabib cheated by shamelessly grabbing Tibau's shorts to try to stop takedowns. Even with Khabib cheating, Tibau was still able to take him down.

undefined-Imgur-ezgif-com-cut.gif

Khabib also cheated repeatedly on the scale. He missed weight against Trujillo. He no-showed the weigh-ins with the interim belt on the line at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson because he was overweight. Khabib eventually would only fight in Abu Dhabi without an athletic commission, so he could do sham weigh-ins.
those fights combined isn't half as much cheating as what conor did in their fight.

Video was one second of half a frame of practice. This is the equivalent of trying to watch the static snow of the Playboy station by changing the channel back and forth in the 80's and 90's. "Oh I may have seen a nipple, or it's just some scrambled pixel of jack shit."

Khabib has the weight advantage

Where is the extended video? 7 seconds of nothing really is not that interesting. the 20 mins one I would like to see.

Reminds of the 10 second clip of Khabib "dominating" Rockhold by holding him on the wall. Then the full video came out, and Rockhold easily shoved him off when he wanted to get out of the position.

Khabib is without a doubt the best wrestler/grappler in UFC history for me and it's not even close. I don't even have to watch the OP video. The most dominate UFC fighter of all time.
Ya I agree with all of that but he retired too young

Definitely not.

Khabib has a history of cheating. One of the most glaring examples is his last fight before joining the UFC. His opponent was a regional journeyman with 20+ losses and Khabib still felt the need to cheat by grabbing the ropes to prevent a takedown. Khabib's cheating was so egregious that the referee finally took a point away.

bf3c7c2ea88b42ad97d0a222d54e7a6f-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

06d3017aebdb4eefb8068808559958dc-ezgif-com-optimize.gif

Here is another example. Khabib cheated by shamelessly grabbing Tibau's shorts to try to stop takedowns. Even with Khabib cheating, Tibau was still able to take him down.

undefined-Imgur-ezgif-com-cut.gif

Khabib also cheated repeatedly on the scale. He missed weight against Trujillo. He no-showed the weigh-ins with the interim belt on the line at UFC 209 against Tony Ferguson because he was overweight. Khabib eventually would only fight in Abu Dhabi without an athletic commission, so he could do sham weigh-ins.
I can't even tell if this is sarcasm because there are actually people ridiculous enough to pretend "bro, he almost gave up a TD when he was like 20 years old in a fight he finished in 3 minutes" is a real argument.

Last edited:
Back