Social Kevin Hart steps down as Oscar Host

I understand what you guys are saying and I mostly agree with you. But we have to look at this specific situation and context and this specific situation really is not a good example to use at all. He has been pretty directly homophobic for a long time. Saying you’d bash your kid over the head with a doll house because it seems kinda gay may be presented as a joke, but it’s still super homophobic and it was a personal statement he chose to make. Its not really much of a joke, it’s a statement of how far you’d go to have a straight son.

“If my daughter had a crush on a K-pop star I’d smash the tv on her head. She can’t date an Asian. I’d nip that in the bud.”

How would LI view that? I’m sure he’d be pretty offended by it. I would think, at least.

In this case all they really ask is that he apologize so that people know that’s not really how he feels before putting him on a giant stage to represent their company.

I think the outrage here is a bit misguided, in many ways more misguided than what the network originally asked of Kevin Hart.

Lol. Comparing sexual orientation to race.
Madness.

Why is that madness?

If I had a son, I wouldn't want him to be gay either.
I wouldn't care if he dated and Asian chick, because Asian chicks can have kids.

Dating an Asian girl is not genetic suicide.

There's lot of reasons it's a crazy comparison though. In the context of the conversation, I'd have thought this one was pretty obvious.

If I had a son, I wouldn't want him to be gay either.
I wouldn't care if he dated and Asian chick, because Asian chicks can have kids.

You are reducing what Kevin Hart said here to a simple, "I would prefer to have grandchildren one day," and that is not the situation. That is a fine opinion for him to hold, and he could much more easily defend that statement without controversy.

But what he actually said was that he'd smash his kid on the head for acting gay. That indicates more disgust than disappointment to most people. He did not give the impression he simply wanted grandchildren, he gave the impression he'd be so appalled by the gayness that he'd smash his kid on the head.

It's a very relatable thing for people who have racist parents who say similar things about dating outside of their race. The feeling you get from those statements is the same, since the impression they are sending is that they will reject you for your nature.

You are reducing what Kevin Hart said here to a simple, "I would prefer to have grandchildren one day," and that is not the situation. That is a fine opinion for him to hold, and he could much more easily defend that statement without controversy.

But what he actually said was that he'd smash his kid on the head for acting gay. That indicates more disgust than disappointment to most people. He did not give the impression he simply wanted grandchildren, he gave the impression he'd be so appalled by the gayness that he'd smash his kid on the head.

I'll admit, I am not familiar with the bit (I don't even know who Kevin Hart is - I am feeling really out of the loop, considering how big everyone else says he is). But if what you're saying is the limit of what he said, then you're not making much more point than that a lot of people have done what you're accusing me of doing - they just went in the opposite direction.
I don't get the impression that he hates gays from that. Since he's a comedian, I get the impression that he's probably fairly hyperbolic. And, personally, I think that ending your line matters more than into exactly who you want to stick your dick.

I could quite easily imagine a comedian saying "I would kick the shit out of my son if he got a vasectomy before giving me a grandkid."
Though, I would hope their delivery would be better.

Anyway, I don't suppose you off-hand have a link to the bit? Or know what the name of a show it was a part of?
Maybe I'm missing something in the context.

It's a very relatable thing for people who have racist parents who say similar things about dating outside of their race. The feeling you get from those statements is the same, since the impression they are sending is that they will reject you for your nature.

Sure. Except, having a problem with having a homosexual kid is more understandable - because your line is done. And homosexuals can at least pretend. The 'wrong' race has no retreat, no alternative. Nothing.
I think it is an insult to compare the experience of the racially marginalised to that of the homosexual.

I'll admit, I am not familiar with the bit (I don't even know who Kevin Hart is - I am feeling really out of the loop, considering how big everyone else says he is). But if what you're saying is the limit of what he said, then you're not making much more point than that a lot of people have done what you're accusing me of doing - they just went in the opposite direction.
I don't get the impression that he hates gays from that. Since he's a comedian, I get the impression that he's probably fairly hyperbolic. And, personally, I think that ending your line matters more than into exactly who you want to stick your dick.

I could quite easily imagine a comedian saying "I would kick the shit out of my son if he got a vasectomy before giving me a grandkid."
Though, I would hope their delivery would be better.

Anyway, I don't suppose you off-hand have a link to the bit? Or know what the name of a show it was a part of?
Maybe I'm missing something in the context.

It wasn't actually in a bit, it was a Tweet he had sent out. That is part of the problem actually, since a Tweet has no tone or context. When you wrap a joke up within a bit, the context provided makes it obvious that it was just a joke. When you just Tweet out that you'd smash your kid on the head for playing with girly toys, it comes across much worse.

I don't think Kevin Hart hates gay people at all, for the record. I think he's a little bit homophobic when it comes to his kid, but I do not think he would actually be violent or anything ridiculous like that. There's no reason to believe that. The real issue is just that violence against gay children (by their own parents) is a real thing, especially in the black community. So joking about beating your son for being gay can come across much more sincere than you'd think.

Just off the top of my head, I know Aaron Hernandez was beat by his dad for "seeming gay" and look what happened to him. As a result, he lived his whole life as a semi-closeted gay man and developed all sorts of horrible mental issues.

DtreQyUW4AcosDT.jpg

Sure. Except, having a problem with having a homosexual kid is more understandable - because your line is done. And homosexuals can at least pretend. The 'wrong' race has no retreat, no alternative. Nothing.
I think it is an insult to compare the experience of the racially marginalised to that of the homosexual.

I don't think saying that "homosexuals can pretend" to be straight makes their life easier. Imagine if you were forced to pretend to be a homosexual, date men, be intimate with men, and maybe even marry a man, just to prove you were like everyone else. It seems unfathomable right? I imagine it's the same way for gay people. It's not easy to pretend to be something that is contrary to your true nature, it seems almost impossible actually.

Oscars to have NO host for the first time 30 years:
Academy 'plan to have a variety of A-list presenters instead of one name' after the Kevin Hart scandal

Tolerant Hollywood is so tolerant that they've created an environment where they can't find a suitable person willing to endure shouldering what was historically one of the most coveted jobs in the entire entertainment industry.

Of course no one wants to do it. Their worried the same thing will happen to them.

Bigotry is probably further down the list.

It depends. I think it's different based on the sexes. I'd put bigotry at an overwhelming #1 for fathers and their sons. Daughters...meh. I don't think it's remotely as big of a deal for parents in general to have a gay daughter, unless they're highly religious.

Oscars to have NO host for the first time 30 years:
Academy 'plan to have a variety of A-list presenters instead of one name' after the Kevin Hart scandal

Tolerant Hollywood is so tolerant that they've created an environment where they can't find a suitable person willing to endure shouldering what was historically one of the most coveted jobs in the entire entertainment industry.

Bitched themselves out of a host. That's hilarious. Nobody wants to deal with the bullshit.

So why were Chris Rock, James Franco, Seth MacFarlane and Jimmy Kimmel all allowed to host?

I don't know, I don't follow twitter. Gut tells me they haven't posted about beating their kids if they act gay.

I don't know, I don't follow twitter. Gut tells me they haven't posted about beating their kids if they act gay.

The point is they've all done and said shit that's equally as bad. You don't need social media to know this.

Jimmy Kimmel used to do black face on the Man Show and act like Karl Malone but all is forgotten now that he's a SJW.

Apparently it is worse in Canada. Brilliant interview with Rob Schneider. His citation of de Tocqueville's comment is perhaps the thought most necessary to rehabilitating our sick society right now possible. This is what 21st century mainstream "liberals" (who aren't really socially liberal) don't understand about free speech. It can't just be a document. It has to reflect the will of the people. His full-throated endorsement of Hart is desperately needed, and greatly appreciated. If the Academy doesn't get down on their knees and beg Hart to host their ceremony they will have become a despicable organization no longer worthy of a place in American society:

It was a comedian saying something people laughed at. There's always someone that is going to be offended at a joke.

It was a comedian saying something people laughed at. There's always someone that is going to be offended at a joke.

Of course, I agree. But sometimes companies have to protect themselves from comedians who make edgier jokes for financial reasons. It’s all about money. They still want him to host (for the ratings) but wanted him to apologize to avoid the blowback. I understand both sides of it.

Of course, I agree. But sometimes companies have to protect themselves from comedians who make edgier jokes for financial reasons. It’s all about money. They still want him to host (for the ratings) but wanted him to apologize to avoid the blowback. I understand both sides of it.
This is a bullshit. This is a lie. This is a disingenuous refuge for radical cultural Marxists that needs to die.

They backed the ousting of Donald Sterling from the Clippers when the franchise was soaring at all-time high profits. They negged the NFL for banishing Colin Kaepernick when he was unquestionably tanking revenues and viewership. They orchestrated the bizarre jettison of Brandon Eich from temporary executive stewardship of his own company (that he only undertook as a matter of duty) without a hint of threat to revenues.

It's not about the money. Stop believing people are stupid enough to buy that nonsense, anymore.

This is a bullshit. This is a lie. This is a disingenuous refuge for radical cultural Marxists that needs to die.

They backed the ousting of Donald Sterling from the Clippers when the franchise was soaring at all-time high profits. They negged the NFL for banishing Colin Kaepernick when he was unquestionably tanking revenues and viewership. They orchestrated the bizarre jettison of Brandon Eich from temporary executive stewardship of his own company (that he only undertook as a matter of duty) without a hint of threat to revenues.

It's not about the money. Stop believing people are stupid enough to buy that nonsense, anymore.

Lol, relax.

They wanted Kevin Hart to host. They still want Kevin Hart to host. As of the other day, they were still making it clear that they felt badly about how it went down with Kevin Hart and never expected him to walk away instead of apologizing. They definitely wanted him, they definitely wanted the ratings.

However, they did not want boycotts and protests and to ruin their reputation. Why? All of those things effect the bottom line. If not immediately, then in the long run. They asked him to make a public statement on it so that they could move forward with him, and he refused. Okay, everybody made their choice. They did not ban him, they just asked him to speak on it.

As a side note, anytime I hear somebody say "cultural marxist" I have a hard time taking them seriously. I'm guessing the "cultural marxists" are "they" in all of those situations you listed?

You even brought up Donald Sterling. Donald Sterling was wronged by "them"? And "they" are "cultural marxists"? The NBA Board of Governors are cultural Marxists? Come on.

Could it possibly be, that the backlash against having a racist owner in a league that's majority black was a bad look for the entire organization, not only in the eyes of fans, but all of the players? You players on the Clippers almost boycotted a playoff game as a response, and instead wore their logos inside out to obscure the team name. You think that situation was going to end up being good for business?

Was your post implying I’m a “radical cultural Marxist”? If so, why? What does that even mean to you?

Last edited:
Lol, relax.

They wanted Kevin Hart to host. They still want Kevin Hart to host. As of the other day, they were still making it clear that they felt badly about how it went down with Kevin Hart and never expected him to walk away instead of apologizing. They definitely wanted him, they definitely wanted the ratings.

However, they did not want boycotts and protests and to ruin their reputation. Why? All of those things effect the bottom line. If not immediately, then in the long run. They asked him to make a public statement on it so that they could move forward with him, and he refused. Okay, everybody made their choice. They did not ban him, they just asked him to speak on it.
You just asserted mutually exclusive things. First, you assert that they have asked him back, then you say they didn't want boycotts and protest to ruin their reputation (indicating they don't really want him back).

If the Academy wants him back they need to issue a public statement begging him back. They haven't. Don't waste my time with rumors via Ellen.

No, the bottom line isn't getting effected by "boycotts and protests". You know what is ruining their reputation? You know what is affecting the bottom line by destroying ratings for the ceremony? The fact they continue to kowtow to imbecilic defenses of cultural marxism rooted in fabricated, erroneous arguments such as those you have worked so hard to forward in this thread; the fact their celebrities are openly waxing political when they get up on stage to give their speeches, or in their host monologues, alienating half the country.

But you don't care about what a godawful business strategy that is, obviously, because you agree with their politics. Pull your nose out of fart-filled wine glass. That's what is affecting the bottom line.
As a side note, anytime I hear somebody say "cultural marxist" I have a hard time taking them seriously. I'm guessing the "cultural marxists" are "they" in all of those situations you listed?
I don't care about your semantic triggers.
You even brought up Donald Sterling. Donald Sterling was wronged by "them"? And "they" are "cultural marxists"? The NBA Board of Governors are cultural Marxists? Come on.

Could it possibly be, that the backlash against having a racist owner in a league that's majority black was a bad look for the entire organization, not only in the eyes of fans, but all of the players? You players on the Clippers almost boycotted a playoff game as a response, and instead wore their logos inside out to obscure the team name. You think that situation was going to end up being good for business?

Was your post implying I’m a “radical cultural Marxist”? If so, why? What does that even mean to you?
Yet they didn't boycott that game, did they? The fans didn't either. Courtside ticket prices were higher than ever, and sold out. Viewership was higher than ever. Sales of Clippers apparel and swag on the NBA store was soaring. The same was true for the entire NBA. This was well after the scandal emerged. The fans had plenty of time to vote with their wallets, and they certainly did.

They didn't care.

Your "it's a business" rationale is bullshit, and I'm calling you on it.

Back