Kettlebell workout progress

Hit a couple Turkish get ups with the 40kg. That weight makes the exercise a lot more fun
You do any of those bent presses. Where you go into a windmill then stand up with it. Hard to mimic the movement, arm tries to press the bell from shoulder.

Been doing 3 workouts a week, and I just moved up to my 50-pounder for the 16 sets of 20 swings.

After 2 months off from Kettlebells I feared I would have to start from ground zero, but within a week I'm doing the full workouts, plus a few more sets, with my 50-pounder again.

I'm taking alot of breaks, unfortunately.
Took a break after 8 sets, 6 sets after the first break, and 5 sets after the second break. Grand total of 19 sets as a 'punishment' for taking breaks. I look forward to getting back to doing all 16 sets without a break again.
How much rest between each set when you do 16?

Gave these a try. I can do the double clean and press and double front squat stuff but didn't do the snatches yet. That seems like puke and torn hand city.

10 sets of 5 > DBL C&P (32kg) less than 20 min
10 x 5 > DBL Front Squat (32kg) less than 20m
10 x 10 > Single Snatch (32kg) less than 10 m

That seems more attractive than that goofy 20 min nonstop 10,000 swings stuff. Those are workout sets, not endless endurance to win new skin on your hands.

That seems more attractive than that goofy 20 min nonstop 10,000 swings stuff. Those are workout sets, not endless endurance to win new skin on your hands.
I never was a massive fan of the massive swing programs. I used to do some long cycle work back in the day and even those rounds only go for 10 mins with respectable weights (similar to yours above).
I always found I could hit those high rep swing sets just by altering my technique and just doing reps with only 60-70% of my usual swing hip drive. It just makes me think of half reps on pushups.Kettlebell swings and snatches should be explosive in my opinion.

It always just felt like a way to get out of running to me.

Hit a couple Turkish get ups with the 40kg. That weight makes the exercise a lot more fun
I find my technique is better with 32kg + than lower rep sets. You really have to lock in to do them.

Anything past that is just a circus trick though. I am on the smaller side admittedly.

My legs and nervous system are shot today. So it seems like a worthy workout.

I find my technique is better with 32kg + than lower rep sets. You really have to lock in to do them.

Anything past that is just a circus trick though. I am on the smaller side admittedly.
I have an elbow that doesn't lock so I'm always afraid of dumping the bell on my head on that side

I never was a massive fan of the massive swing programs. I used to do some long cycle work back in the day and even those rounds only go for 10 mins with respectable weights (similar to yours above).
I always found I could hit those high rep swing sets just by altering my technique and just doing reps with only 60-70% of my usual swing hip drive. It just makes me think of half reps on pushups.Kettlebell swings and snatches should be explosive in my opinion.

It always just felt like a way to get out of running to me.
Those were the recommended sets out of the vid above. I just jumped to it and posted for anyone couldn't do the 8 min vid. That would def get the HR up and a sweat going.

Those were the recommended sets out of the vid above. I just jumped to it and posted for anyone couldn't do the 8 min vid. That would def get the HR up and a sweat going.
Did you give it a try. I did the squats and clean and press back to back and the next day I was fucked. Feeling my age.

Did you give it a try. I did the squats and clean and press back to back and the next day I was fucked. Feeling my age.
Have not yet. Today was a big lift day but did DBL KB DL to C&P (32kg) x3 to Hanging Knee Tucks at a speed tempo. Only doing 3 reps on the bells, was taking too much 02 to go 10 reps.

Gear, is this a journal? I recently started one on here since ironmagazineforums shit the bed.

I've done a lot of kettlebells and I know when I restart (getting a base from being a drunk recovering from shoulder surgery) I'll be winded as all hell.

I was going to directly reply to a workout but it's old, so keep me posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back