Kessler and Froch agree to terms - rematch on

Great fight, hopefully Froch can do enough to win this time, but if not I just hope it's as entertaining as the first.

Froch wins rematch, Kessler has taken a sharp decline since their last fight whereas Froch has actually gotten better.

I expect a clear Froch UD win.

By sharp decline do you mean won 2 fights by tko and sparked a guy ward couldn't get out of there?

Mikkel_Kessler_vs_Allan_Green_1.gif

You can't decision Froch in England, Dirrell showed that. They'd have given him the Ward fight too if it were Nottingham.

It's just gonna end in a Froch decision.

You can't decision Froch in England, Dirrell showed that. They'd have given him the Ward fight too if it were Nottingham.

Sure they would :rolleyes:

Hopefully this is a great fight with Froch coming out on top. I'd prefer a trilogy of these two to seeing Ward fight one of these guys again.

Dirrell lost that fight fair and square. Everytime someone brings this up I'll say it. People who think Dirrell dominated that fight are foolish.

Hopefully this is a great fight with Froch coming out on top. I'd prefer a trilogy of these two to seeing Ward fight one of these guys again.

Ward should keep on fighting guys he hasn't fought and dominate his division as long as he can make weight. He hasn't got unfinished business with those guys.

Dirrell lost that fight fair and square. Everytime someone brings this up I'll say it. People who think Dirrell dominated that fight are foolish.

Yeah people who whine about that fight go a bit over the top. Can't backup for nearly the whole fight, even if you do land the better shots, and expect the decision.

I've got Kessler again in this one.

I think theres more room for adjustment for Froch in the rematch than there is for Kessler. I like Kessler, but I thought he only really beat Froch because Froch took a bunch of rounds off.

I'll take Froch in the rematch.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=61768#ixzz2J7BebKK1

By Luis Sandoval

With Kelly Pavlik announcing his retirement from boxing, current WBC Super Middleweight champion Andre Ward will be in need of a new opponent once he recovers and returns to the ring from a shoulder injury. A possible fight for Ward could be against the winner of the Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler fight which is slated to take place in the coming months.

Ward holds wins over both men as he defeated them during Showtime

Andre Ward seems to be on boxingscene talking about those guys every other day.

Andre Ward shouldn't have to go anywhere to fight either of them. Especially Carl Froch. He beat the brakes off Froch. There's no reason to go to either of their countries. Let them come to Vegas.

By Terence Dooley

Eddie Hearn took to Sky Sports News today to announce that Tony Bellew's rematch with Isaac Chilemba has been added to Matchroom's May 25th bill at London's O2 Arena.

Carl Froch, 30-2 (22), meets Mikkel Kessler, 46-2 (35), for the IBF and WBA Super World 168lb in the main event. Froch is the current IBF titlist, "The Cobra" wants to avenge his 2010 defeat to Kessler, a hard-fought split decision defeat, and will be roared on by an expectant crowd.

Bellew, 19-1-1 (12) meets Chilemba, 20-1-2 (9), in a WBC world title eliminator rematch on the undercard in a rematch of their March 30th draw, which Bellew bitterly disputed in the aftermath of the 112-116, 116-115, 114-114 decision.

"It was tough to split them on the night, but both men believe they can go on to win (the rematch)," said Hearn, who confirmed that the fight will be a world title eliminator as well as revealing that George Groves's opponent will be unveiled later this week.
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=64173

Glad to see a rematch is happening.
Hopefully with better judges this time.

Pretty jelly of anyone going to this one.

Back