Kessler and Froch agree to terms - rematch on

I'm looking forward to this fight more than i've looked forward to any fight in a long while.

Andre Ward shouldn't have to go anywhere to fight either of them. Especially Carl Froch. He beat the brakes off Froch. There's no reason to go to either of their countries. Let them come to Vegas.

I know this is old, and while I sorta agree with you. I kinda have a problem with Ward never really leaving the Oakland are, he has fought in AC once, Vegas never, a few times in the Caribbean and once or twice in the Northeast. If he wants to be a bonafide superstar, he needs to leave fucking oakland

I know this is old, and while I sorta agree with you. I kinda have a problem with Ward never really leaving the Oakland are, he has fought in AC once, Vegas never, a few times in the Caribbean and once or twice in the Northeast. If he wants to be a bonafide superstar, he needs to leave fucking oakland

No one really cares about him enough outside of Oakland to make it worth leaving.

No one really cares about him enough outside of Oakland to make it worth leaving.

yeah, that's true. I was thinking maybe he started to leave the area, that he could kind of expand his fanbase or something, IDK.

I like the guy, but shit

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

"Great news #boxing fans: @HBOboxing will carry Froch-Kessler 2 live at 6:30 pm ET May 25, then replay w/ live Pascal-Bute later that night."

Viking Warrior is ready to raze Cain.

I agree he needs to branch out. He deserves to headline in Vegas by now. But leaving the country for two guys he already soundly beat? Nah. They can come here.

Lets say The Cobra wins convincingly. :wink: The O2 is sold out, that's a hefty gate alone. If the Money is right, Goossen would advise Ward to take a hard look at a rematch in Carl's home country. He would never pass-up the chance to get his guy more exposure and a decent purse. IMO, rightly so. This is one of those, It really could happen for the right money fights. Goossen is aggressive and Andre needs more Big Event type fights, nice mix for a match like this to happen.

I am curious to know how much money Froch and Kessler generate. Anybody know if this is PPV in England?

What other fights were PPV? Ward?

No, Ward was Sky Sports. Froch was previously promoted by Mick Hennessey; when Mick lost his ITV4 coverage Froch ended up on the Primetime PPV channel. Dirrell, Kessler and Abraham were all PPV from what I remember.

I think Johnson was his return to Sky Sports as his first fight with Matchroom.

Not that it matters.

Besides, he's now on PPV due to Sky feeling he'll be a draw with the right fight; before it was down to his promoter not having a TV deal.

You're probably right. I just associated super six with being pissed off about paying for boxing.

I don't blame you. I wasn't too happy at paying for that Dirrell fight. Beforehand I wasn't amused as Dirrell didn't seem like a big enough fight to be worth it; after I wasn't happy as it wasn't pretty viewing.

Which was the one where Cordingley got away with here shrieking because she is hot?

Back