Kerosene heaters?

My parents had one for like 20 years, was really good, but only a select few stations sell Kerosene

Wood heat is the only heat I used growing up. My Dad and I used to cut, split, and pile 30 cord every year (he still does).

Psh that's nothing. I bust two-three ricks a day, five days a week all year long. I don't even burn wood inside. Selling it is a much better living than McDonalds though. In the spring and summer I make enough to get by and in the winter I make enough to buy about anything I want. Gasoline log splitter was the greatest investment of my life. Hell selling wood bought me this sweet ass kerosene heater.

Also being around a bunch of retards helps. So many people around here get scammed into thinking a rick is 4x4 so when I give them the real 4x8 for the same price they always come back.

Two weeks ago a guy called and wanted three ricks. When I delivered the first one he asked me to cancel the third rick cause he didn't have room for it. His wife made him get it though and had me throw it out by the pool.

Just got a convection style one a few days ago and love it! Why doesn't everyone use these? It's super cheap if you use clean diesel with a little alcohol mixed in instead of Kerosene and heats a whole room up in minutes. I understand CO poisoning risks but like any other souce of heat that requires gas or burning something just use common sense and crack a window open. You can even get an alarm/monitor for $20 these days.

I'm just curious why nobody in the US seems to use these anymore. I love mine!

A friend of mine has one that mounts on the wall and it does a good job. I considered one but I didn't like the idea of open flame and gas fumes in the living room.

Psh that's nothing. I bust two-three ricks a day, five days a week all year long. I don't even burn wood inside. Selling it is a much better living than McDonalds though. In the spring and summer I make enough to get by and in the winter I make enough to buy about anything I want. Gasoline log splitter was the greatest investment of my life. Hell selling wood bought me this sweet ass kerosene heater.

Also being around a bunch of retards helps. So many people around here get scammed into thinking a rick is 4x4 so when I give them the real 4x8 for the same price they always come back.

Two weeks ago a guy called and wanted three ricks. When I delivered the first one he asked me to cancel the third rick cause he didn't have room for it. His wife made him get it though and had me throw it out by the pool.

What I wouldn't have given for a log splitter back then. Splitting with an axe in black fly season in northern Ontario will teach you the definition of hell.

Good on ya, by the way.

But one question, if you got access to all this wood, why are you burning kerosene? Why not just burn wood?

I use one for my little hunting cabin when it's cold out (-20 or colder). Just gotta crack a window or two, and you can get the kerosene that doesn't stink nowadays.

Of course I'd prefer a woodstove, but a woodstove would be way more expensive (the stove itself, the piping), it would take up way more room which I don't have much of, and you gotta keep that thing stoked every 30mins/hour or it'll go out, and it's more work to get a fire started, oh and you need the wood to burn so you gotta have it all cut and split, hopefully dried which is extra work.

That kerowhore you just fill er up, turn it on, crack a window and it'll run for a good 12 hours before you need to fill it again. Just so much more convenient when you gotta leave your cabin for a few hours and you get back and it's still warm, instead of coming back to a cold cabin and having to make a fire and let it warm the cabin up again, and having to watch it so it don't go out. That's another thing, that woodstove's going to go out while you're sleeping unless you or someone else is throwing wood on it every half hour/hour, which I cba'd to do.

What I wouldn't have given for a log splitter back then. Splitting with an axe in black fly season in northern Ontario will teach you the definition of hell.

Good on ya, by the way.

But one question, if you got access to all this wood, why are you burning kerosene? Why not just burn wood?

Yeah I love it. I hope it never fails me cause I hated busting it the old way. Axe, maul, or sledge hammering a wedge...they all just suck.

The reason I don't burn wood is because I live in a trailor. It's pretty big since it's had extra rooms build on but I just don't see much need for a wood stove in it. My kerosene heater gets it pretty hot and the ventilation is so old and poor the CO doesn't have much trouble escaping. Before that I just used the wall heaters most old trailors have. With them being on their last leg and electricity shooting up so much I decided to invest in my kerosene heater and monitor. So far it's worked perfectly for me. I may get a stove one day, just not right now.

As for 30 cords with a maul, I assume...yeah that's quite a bit. I always forget the horrors of splitting the old way.

Just use common sense and crack a window.........that made my day

What's the point in heating a room with a window open?

I remember back in the 1980s when many people were using them for a few months. Recurring fads.

Good on ya, by the way.

Norther Ontario black fly season is no fun at all. Where abouts?

Next we'll be getting "cooking on a kerosene heater tips" from ts

The truth has been spoken. For me you just cannot beat a clean burning wood stove.

its also ten times more likely you get laid in front of a wood burner rather than a kero fire :icon_twis

its also ten times more likely you get laid in front of a wood burner rather than a kero fire :icon_twis

My ol lady like camping sex, so either one is viable for me.

Back