Elections Ken Buck quits, screws over Boeby.

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Ken Buck (R CO) annouced he would leave Congress next week. This cuts the R majority to 2 votes in the house.

This is interesting, although it was already known the Buck hates the current way the R house functions and he wasn't standing for re-election, this abrupt departure means that a special election will now take place in which each party will select a nominee. This is the district (4th) Boebert wants to move to because of her unpopularity in his own district (3rd).

However there's no guarantee that the Rs will select Boebert, and if they do, because Colorado law prohibits a candidate from running for more than one office at a time, Boebert would have to resign from her current seat setting up another election at the years end.

Looks like Buck decided to screw Boeby on his way out the door. Because he was an early (founding maybe, can't remember) member of the Tea-party faction which played a significant role in the current culture war politicization of, well everything, I despise the guy... but well played sir.

Last edited:
Ken Buck (R CO) annouced he would leave Congress next week. This cuts the R majority to 2 votes in the house.

This is interesting, although it was already known the Buck hates the current way the R house functions and he wasn't standing for re-election, this abrupt departure means that a special election will now take place in which each party will select a nominee. This is the district (4th) Boebert wants to move to because of her unpopularity in his own district (3rd).

However there's no guarantee that the Rs will select Boebert, and if they do, because Colorado law prohibits a candidate from running for more than one office at a time, Boebert would have to resign from her current seat setting up another election at the years end.

Looks like Buck decided to screw Boeby on his way out the door. Because he was an early (founding maybe, can't remember) member of the Tea-party faction which played a significant role in the current culture war politicization of, well everything, I despises the guy... but well played sir.

Early member. Also, he is one of those people that believes that people choose to be homosexual just like they choose to be alcoholics.

Looks like Buck decided to screw Boeby on his way out the door. Because he was an early (founding maybe, can't remember) member of the Tea-party faction which played a significant role in the current culture war politicization of, well everything, I despises the guy... but well played sir.
It always seemed impossible that a lot of people were that jazzed about balancing budgets (and that a move to balance budgets was paired with the opposing goal of cutting taxes for rich people). But if you were one of the few weirdos who really bought into that stuff, you were probably attracted to the movement and then blindsided when you realized that it was all fake.

Does shilling for democrats pay well?
Sounds like he is tired of the circus the republican party has become.

"
He commented: "It is the worst year of the nine years and three months that I've been in Congress. And having talked to former members, it's the worst year in 40, 50 years to be in Congress. But I'm leaving because I think there's a job to do out there that I want to go do.

"This place has just devolved into this bickering and nonsense and not really doing the job for the American people."
"

Buck is 100% right in this case.

MAGA dorks have had their brains scramblefucked by Trump so bad it’s pathetic. Somewhere along the line, “we hate the establishment” and “drain the swamp” has been reimagined as, “Get rid of every Republican that won’t pledge loyalty to Trump, and replace them with loyalists.” Buck isn’t some longtime-serving swamp creature, but if he won’t fellate Trump, well, he’s gotta go.

The RNC itself is being taken over by Trump loyalists—having a political party taken over by zealots loyal to one man historically never turns out well, btw—and not only are those idiots walking right into it, they’re cheering for it.

Back