Kelvin Gastelum & Jalin Turner: Will they make weight?

Will they make weight?

• Gastelum makes weight, Turner doesn't

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Turner makes weight, Gastelum doesn't

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Neither of them make weight

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Both make weight

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • A fight will fall off before weigh ins

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gastelum is returning to welterweight for the first time since his failed attempt to make the weight for his cancelled fight vs Cowboy Cerrone in November 2016.

Turner is attempting to make weight on under 2 weeks notice after stepping up on short notice to fight Bobby Green. He also weighed in at 158 lbs for his last fight vs Dan Hooker back in July. Turner also said that he felt like "he didn't have a choice" but to take this fight on short notice.

Do you think they will both successfully make weight on Friday morning?

Gastelum is returning to welterweight for the first time since his failed attempt to make the weight for his cancelled fight vs Cowboy Cerrone in November 2016.

Turner is attempting to make weight on under 2 weeks notice after stepping up on short notice to fight Bobby Green. He also weighed in at 158 lbs for his last fight vs Dan Hooker back in July. Turner also said that he felt like "he didn't have a choice" but to take this fight on short notice.

Do you think they will both successfully make weight on Friday morning?

Didnt have a choice? Ofcourse u do lol what the hell...dudes already building excuses.

Gaste gunna make it not turner

Short notice, before he has only missed once, probably neither makes weight, lol.

I’d really like to think Gastelum has his shit together and will make weight. This move should have been made after the Izzy or till fight hopefully it’s not too late for him to make a run he’s an exciting fighter with good to great all around skills

I'm predicting KG makes weight for at least 2-3 fights.
KG has already shown he can make WW when he's committed. He looks very motivated right now and I'm guessing this is his last serious run at a UFC belt.

Turner on the other hand just missed weight against Hooker and his cardio looked depleted because of the cut.... a short notice bout doesn't seem like a smart thing for such a massive LW and I'm guessing with how massive his frame is his weight cuts take a ton of time to get right.

Only a few hours left until weigh ins! Make your final predictions before these two step on the scale! <Eek2.0>

<Moves><Moves><Moves>

0dac6c5b08217170bd6948bb89c6b870.jpg

Turner is not making weight feels almost certain. Kelvin probably fails as well :)

He made 156 on his second try.
Yay! I'm impressed considering it sounded like he was forced to take it on short notice.
Hope he wins tomorrow, same with Gastelum.

Gastelum made weight? Very surprised. Good for him.

Yay! I'm impressed considering it sounded like he was forced to take it on short notice.
Hope he wins tomorrow, same with Gastelum.

Oh, I just realized that I didn't mention those earlier posts were my predictions, not what they weighed in at. I was wrong about Turner, don't know if Kelvin weighed in yet.

Back