Jalin Turner vs Benoit Saint-Denis

Turner/BSD ?

• Book it

Votes: 52 86.7%
  • Don't (tell us what else in the comments)

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
we're just telling you what matchups are actually possible to make

When dana white said he can see them main eventing france cards with bsd and they could see giving him a highly ranked opponent next, I don't think they meant someone like turner. You are right that the turner fight seems easiest to make, and again I'm not against it, but if i was BSD and the ufc, I'd wait the extra two months or so for guys like dariush, fiziev, or hooker to recover. Especially since BSD just cut weight 3 times in 6 months, had covid, and said he needs a little break. Those are all real possibilities. The turner fight should be the last resort in my opinion.

Last edited:
When dana white said he can see them main eventing france cards with bsd and they could see giving him a highly ranked opponent next, I don't think they meant someone like turner. You are right that the turner fight seems easiest to make, and again I'm not against it, but if i was BSD and the ufc, I'd wait the extra two months or so for guys like dariush, fiziev, or hooker to recover. Especially since BSD just cut weight 3 times in 6 months, had covid, and said he needs a little break. Those are all real possibilities. The turner fight should be the last resort in my opinion.

The France card is in September. Him fighting Turner in spring does not contradict him headlining the France card against a bigger opponent. Quite the contrary it puts him in a better position for it. I agree he needs rest but he said that he rested three weeks and want to go at it again now so I say give the man what he wants

The France card is in September. Him fighting Turner in spring does not contradict him headlining the France card against a bigger opponent. Quite the contrary it puts him in a better position for it. I agree he needs rest but he said that he rested three weeks and want to go at it again now so I say give the man what he wants

There's a rumored fight night in france before september, in late spring, at least that's what a few french and belgian MMA coaches have said in interviews. We'll see what happens. If Benoit doesn't want to wait, give him Turner. I just don't see it doing much for him.

How do you think the fight would go?

BSD doesn’t deserve anyone higher ranked than Turner if I’m being honest.

They're 2 spots away in the rankings, and will probably be one spot away when RDA gets bumped out. It's a step sideways for benoit, who should probably be ranked ahead of turner since turner recently lost two fights and also got easily blanketed by frevola, the guy benoit just KO'd.

I'm not sure why people are against seeing one of the most exciting prospects in bigger fights than this, but different strokes for different folks. I'll watch benoit fight a broomstick.

Its not a sideways step, it's literally a fight that would get him into the top 10 and put him in a position to face a contender. Those are always important fights.

He's injured though. It's also reasonable to make a fight with Turner since he's available and an active fighter coming off a flashy KO.
yeah but hooker just beat turner and i think that's the kind of advancement we want to see for benoit, we dont want to see if he can beat turner then see if he can beat hooker, Rather just see if he can beat hooker then go from there. I'd rather them just wait for hooker if it's only a matter of a few months, if it's a long while sure make the turner match up, I dont hate the fight, It's just lateral for benoit, when I want to see advancement.

Its not a sideways step, it's literally a fight that would get him into the top 10 and put him in a position to face a contender. Those are always important fights.

He's already in a position to fight someone higher ranked than turner, which is why beating turner won't do much for him. It's just a matter of when certain guys are available and when BSD wants to fight again. We'll see how it plays out.

Like I said though, I'm fine with it if there's no one else.

yeah but hooker just beat turner and i think that's the kind of advancement we want to see for benoit, we dont want to see if he can beat turner then see if he can beat hooker, Rather just see if he can beat hooker then go from there. I'd rather them just wait for hooker if it's only a matter of a few months, if it's a long while sure make the turner match up, I dont hate the fight, It's just lateral for benoit, when I want to see advancement.
It was a split decision and they are right next to each other. Either fight makes sense, the difference is Turner is the one available and even willing to fight on short notice. It's a good fight, a serious test for BSD, and would get him into the top 10.

He's already in a position to fight someone higher ranked than turner.

Like I said though, I'm fine with it if there's no one else.
Turner is in a position to fight someone higher ranked than BSD.

How many times do you keep needing to be told that no higher ranked opponents are available?

Turner is in a position to fight someone higher ranked than BSD. He just did in fact and KO'd them.

How many times do you keep needing to be told that no higher ranked opponents are available?

Turner tried and lost multiple times against higher ranked guys. Other guys are available, you just don't like the timing and scheduling of it. If turner is the only one available for bsd when he wants to fight, then they'll book it. No need to get sassy about it

Last edited:
Turner tried and lost multiple times. Other guys are available, you just don't like the timing and scheduling of it.

No, you're the one who doesn't like the timing. You want BSD to sit out and maybe magically Gaethje or Gamrot or whoever will agree to face him later on when that's a pipe dream.

It's hilarious that after we've seen how long it took fighters like Islam, Dariush, Tsarukyan to break into the top 5 that you think these rank squatters in the division are going to fight a guy outside the top 10. Ask Gregor Gillespie how well sitting out for a big fight works.

No, you're the one who doesn't like the timing. You want BSD to sit out and maybe magically Gaethje or Gamrot or whoever will agree to face him later on when that's a pipe dream.

It's hilarious that after we've seen how long it took fighters like Islam, Dariush, Tsarukyan to break into the top 5 that you think these rank squatters in the division are going to fight a guy outside the top 10. Ask Gregor Gillespie how well sitting out for a big fight works.

I never once suggested gaethje or gamrot here. I joked about poirier though.

Dariush literally said benoit is an option for him. Hooker said he'll be ready April or may. Benoit just fought 3 times in 6 months and had covid. I think him taking a bit of time off and fighting Hooker or dariush next are plausible options. I've seen nothing from benoit suggesting he wants to fight ASAP. Everything he's said suggested a vacation and then a return in spring, and that lines up with hooker. If Turner really is the only option, then that will happen.

I kind of hope they make the turner fight for you guys though, because people in here are acting like it's the fight of the century and must happen.

He fought a month an a half ago, whats this hyperbole about sitting out and waiting for a "big" fight?

There are match ups that are made, let them resolve, Turner only fought a few weeks ago. Why are we rushing to match them up like it's imparitive that they both fight ASAP?

There's a rumored fight night in france before september, in late spring, at least that's what a few french and belgian MMA coaches have said in interviews. We'll see what happens. If Benoit doesn't want to wait, give him Turner. I just don't see it doing much for him.

How do you think the fight would go?

I think if BSD is hyper agressive like usual it could turn very bad for him as Jalin as crisp and quick counters, but of he mixes his grappling into it he will overwhelm him. Depends on his gameplan

I think if BSD is hyper agressive like usual it could turn very bad for him as Jalin as crisp and quick counters, but of he mixes his grappling into it he will overwhelm him. Depends on his gameplan

I think Turner would struggle a lot with Benoit's leg kicks. Gamrot showed that the leg kicks are there against turner, and Benoit has been changing fighters' perplexions with just a handful of kicks lately. Turner would undoubtedly have the advantage with the hands though. Benoit would beat his ass on the mat, but he'd have to be very careful closing the range to get his takedowns.

Basically as long as benoit stays out at kicking range, or all the way in at clinch range, he'd be fine in my opinion. He just shouldn't fuck around in Turner's boxing range.

Last edited:
Oh man seriously make a little effort read the OP. Gamrot is already booked against RDA.

And of course Poirier won't fight #12 that's common sense.

Turner is the only fight available and he's ranked 2 spots above BSD. It's a good fight. The best that can be made today actually.

Porier knows where he's at.

So who do you think poirier fights?

Now we know.

Back