Jalin Turner vs Benoit Saint-Denis

Turner/BSD ?

• Book it

Votes: 52 86.7%
  • Don't (tell us what else in the comments)

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters
I wont, but i promise you he'd take that fight before gamrot or armen.

that much I am certain of.

nonsense. He will never fight a #12 in his career ever again. If BSD gets up there in the #7ish ranks I can see it. Not before. If only he there was someone ranked #10 named Turner he could fight to crack the top 10. Oh wait.

I think BSD destroys him in a forgone conclusion that puts him NOWHERE closer to a title fight than he is right now.

there are simply better fights to make

BSD does not beat turner standing. He is just too agressive for a counter puncher like Jalin. He risks getting badly hurt if he comes at Turner like he came at Moises.

Now grappling that's something else and I can totally see BSD dominate him there

You think he only has 4 fans? The vast majority wants to see this fight, so I don't think many are scared on behalf of him.
No I'm just seeing a lot of comments about how Jalin is somehow unworthy or undeserving of the matchup and I can't understand it for the life of me.

A win over Matt Frevola doesn't vault anyone into top-5 matchups straight away. It hasn't for any other contenders in the past so why should it for BSD? The only reason Islam got fast-tracked from lower matchups is because he was booked with higher ranked opponents who didn't show up to fight him.

No I'm just seeing a lot of comments about how Jalin is somehow unworthy or undeserving of the matchup and I can't understand it for the life of me.

A win over Matt Frevola doesn't vault anyone into top-5 matchups straight away. It hasn't for any other contenders in the past so why should it for BSD? The only reason Islam got fast-tracked from lower matchups is because he was booked with higher ranked opponents who didn't show up to fight him.

I agree that the match up makes a lot of sense. I think people are letting his popularity influence them a bit too much, although I haven't read much comments ITT. I think that's just a general trend regarding how fans view fighters. They want him to fight a more established name so he can climb the ranks faster, which is understandable, IMO. But that's just impatience on their part, IMO. If he is really that good (which I personally think he is) he'll get to the top eventually and, of course the point you were touching on, if he's that good you should favor him to win.

But then seeing the poll I think it's more impatience, than it really is that they think he will lose. Because if they were really scared of that match up, they would want him to not fight Turner. Just like Turner fans would not want him to fight BSD, if they thought Turner would likely lose to him.

I'd 100% support this fight, makes a ton of sense.

BSD does not beat turner standing. He is just too agressive for a counter puncher like Jalin. He risks getting badly hurt if he comes at Turner like he came at Moises.

Now grappling that's something else and I can totally see BSD dominate him there
Turner has very poor fight IQ and lacks heart. BSD will drown him in deep water.

nonsense. He will never fight a #12 in his career ever again. If BSD gets up there in the #7ish ranks I can see it. Not before. If only he there was someone ranked #10 named Turner he could fight to crack the top 10. Oh wait.
He should be higher than turner anyways.

weren't you the one just saying that he's gonna look for Nate diaz or conor?

So he wont fight number 12, but he'd fight two people who aren't ranked at all?

He should be higher than turner anyways.

weren't you the one just saying that he's gonna look for Nate diaz or conor?

So he wont fight number 12, but he'd fight two people who aren't ranked at all?

Yes because those are big money fights for him. Sorry for you that's it the reality. Complain to him not me.

So why don't you want the fight then. I think it's a banger personally
I'm not doubting it would be good

I don't like it, Because it doesn't really go anywhere. I think turner should be fighting down the rankings and benoit should be fighting up

I agree that the match up makes a lot of sense. I think people are letting his popularity influence them a bit too much, although I haven't read much comments ITT. I think that's just a general trend regarding how fans view fighters. They want him to fight a more established name so he can climb the ranks faster, which is understandable, IMO. But that's just impatience on their part, IMO. If he is really that good (which I personally think he is) he'll get to the top eventually and, of course the point you were touching on, if he's that good you should favor him to win.

But then seeing the poll I think it's more impatience, than it really is that they think he will lose. Because if they were really scared of that match up, they would want him to not fight Turner. Just like Turner fans would not want him to fight BSD, if they thought Turner would likely lose to him.

As a benoit fan, it is indeed impatience on my part. I'm typically all for the slow rise up the ranks, but when you're starching 5 guys in a row and making it look easy, I think enough is enough and it becomes time to stop taking baby steps forward and start taking leaps. Turner is a baby step forward, and I feel like it's time for something bigger for Benoit. Whether he gets something bigger or not, I don't know, but it's what i'm sure he'd like and it's what I'd like as a fan.

I'm not doubting it would be good

I don't like it, Because it doesn't really go anywhere. I think turner should be fighting down the rankings and benoit should be fighting up
That is exactly what that matchup is. Turner is 10 and BSD is 12

Don't and just give Turner a title shot right away, cause he beat way better prepared Green than the current champ did.

Id rather BSD take a bigger step up.
Like lets see him vs Hooker or Gamrot or Dariush. Or even Gaethje .

Beating Matt Frevola gets you a shot at arguably the #1 contender in Gaethje?

Turner had wars w/ both Hooker and Gamrot. Arguably could be 2-0 vs them, IMO deserves to be 1-1, but he stands 0-2. It's a great great matchup. If he dominates Turner then he does deserve a top 3 fight like you're suggested.

As a benoit fan, it is indeed impatience on my part. I'm typically all for the slow rise up the ranks, but when you're starching 5 guys in a row and making it look easy, I think enough is enough and it becomes time to stop taking baby steps forward and start taking leaps. Turner is a baby step forward, and I feel like it's time for something bigger for Benoit. Whether he gets something bigger or not, I don't know, but it's what i'm sure he'd like and it's what I'd like as a fan.
Sums up my feelings exactly. Turner has already had a crack at top lws and has lost. Benoit has not had said crack and I don’t see why Turner should get to hold that gate. I think the lw rankings are all over the place in terms of weird but Dustin imo is not actually 3. Benny gamrot Gaethje Charles armen should all be ahead of him

Fair enough, bud. I'm good with it either way. I'd love to see him fight Turner, but I also would love to see him fight someone higher up the rankings. I just want to see his beautiful violence! <{JustBleed}>

Also, with the way the LW div. moves like molasses, I don't think building up your resume a bit more necessarily hurts all that much when it comes to the traveling time to the top, or more precisely to a title shot.

Last edited:
Lol at do nothing. BSD is not in the top 10, Turner is. A fight to break into the top 10 isn't a do nothing fight, complete opposite actually.

They're 2 spots away in the rankings, and will probably be one spot away when RDA gets bumped out. It's a step sideways for benoit, who should probably be ranked ahead of turner since turner recently lost two fights and also got easily blanketed by frevola, the guy benoit just KO'd.

I'm not sure why people are against seeing one of the most exciting prospects in bigger fights than this, but different strokes for different folks. I'll watch benoit fight a broomstick.

They're 2 spots away in the rankings, and will probably be one spot away when RDA gets bumped out. It's a step sideways for benoit, who should probably be ranked ahead of turner since turner recently lost two fights and also got easily blanketed by frevola, the guy benoit just KO'd.

I'm not sure why people are against seeing one of the most exciting prospects in bigger fights than this, but different strokes for different folks. I'll watch benoit fight a broomstick.

we're just telling you what matchups are actually possible to make

Back