Kazushi Sakuraba is one of the GOATS

wrestlefan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just wondering who will agree with me on this. Been on sherdog for a while so I was just wondering if he was still considered to be up there.

Still a godlike singleleg takedown. Could hit it on almost anyone in MMA.

For sure. War Saku!

14670609_1211349612240640_8759569077307983267_n.jpg

Just wondering who will agree with me on this. Been on sherdog for a while so I was just wondering if he was still considered to be up there.

Still a godlike singleleg takedown. Could hit it on almost anyone in MMA.
Even in Pride (w/ kicking downed opponents) he also had a mean ankle-pick, and was also really good at "dodging" around on the ground after a failed takedown attempt and *not* getting kicked/kneed. And haha, his gnp was pretty weak, but he was aggressive and exciting with it. I miss him/his style.

Insane fighter. Understandable that he's so beloved.

I understand the reasoning behind not wanting to move up and fight much bigger guys than oneself, but at the same time i respect Sakuraba a lot for doing that, win or loss.

I mean, yeah. Having world-class wrestling and dynamic, aggressive and also world-class submission offense is exceedingly rare. And being able to employ those skills effectively against guys 2-3 weight classes heavier than you on a regular basis is even more rare. Rarest of all is being able to still go to draws with the best grapplers in the world after a brutal MMA career and a lifetime of professional wrestling wear at over 50.

Back