Kayla Harrison no to mma,"not cut out for a world where you get fights based on how pretty you are"

Obviously you can win your way to the top like those you listed but crap tier fighters like paige, calderwood, the girl that did ninja warrior, pat Barry girlfriend etc are constantly higher on the card than they should be based only on looks

If people talk about you and want to see you you'll be higher on a card. You still need to perform to make it to the top. Both men and women. Paige had to beat herrig impressively to go to another level and then got knocked back down.

What she said makes no sense.

Are you more marketable if you are an attractive person? yes

However if you are a good fighter can you still get a title shot even if you looked like an elephant man? Yes

WMMA is very shallow, any good fighter will get her chance for the title almost right away with little to no waiting time.

So her theory goes out the window.

Obviously you can win your way to the top like those you listed but crap tier fighters like paige, calderwood, the girl that did ninja warrior, pat Barry girlfriend etc are constantly higher on the card than they should be based only on looks

Did Paige beat those less attractive women to get to where she is? Yes she did. She may not be the finished article as a fighter but she has heart, puts on a high pace, breaks her opponents and most importantly wins.

Calderwood just recently tweeted about being too broke to train. She's not that high profile.

Rose also has a lot talent as a fighter. Is top 5 with some very good wins and hype around because of that.

These ladies are marketable and that's predominantly because of their ability to win, with the secondary factor in their favour being their personality or looks.

If people talk about you and want to see you you'll be higher on a card. You still need to perform to make it to the top. Both men and women. Paige had to beat herrig impressively to go to another level and then got knocked back down.

Wow she beat another low tier fighter who was getting elevated based on looks great win

That's cool, i look forward to her serving me my Split Decision at IHOP.

Dumbest post today
No shame in being scared to fight in MMA. Most Martial artist that look at the sport from the outside have doubts. They say things like "it's barbaric" "There not real fighters" to justify why they don't transition to the sport. Boxers say the same shit too. In Kayla's case she's using "prettiness" as an excuse. Cyborg and Gabby Garcia aren't exactly super models. I would respect Kayla more if she said, "MMA just isn't for me".
"I'm not good looking enough" is a cop out.

Ronda level upper armage, wouldn't hit...

Kayla+Harrison+33rd+Annual+Salute+Women+Sports+duM7tp02CK2l.jpg

You don't have to be pretty to get noticed in mma. Cyborg is the ugliest woman I've ever seen but she's made a nice mma career for herself crushing cans. Kayla could easily do the same.

Good enough to choke Holly Holm unconscious and become champion.

And lost her first defense badly. Miesha is good but to her point, she is pretty and a lot of these fights get made based on the looks and how you run that mouth.

Pity, she can easily get a title shot based on 1 or 2 wins. Does anyone even know whos the Queen of women's welterweight division?

No shame in being scared to fight in MMA. Most Martial artist that look at the sport from the outside have doubts. They say things like "it's barbaric" "There not real fighters" to justify why they don't transition to the sport. Boxers say the same shit too. In Kayla's case she's using "prettiness" as an excuse. Cyborg and Gabby Garcia aren't exactly super models. I would respect Kayla more if she said, "MMA just isn't for me".
"I'm not good looking enough" is a cop out.
Scared?? Pfft, that's a stretch.
She's merely vocalizing what a lot of people believe, including myself, in that mma, today, is more about the spectacle than the sport. She didn't say anything that wasn't plausible unless you assign some context that wasn't hers.

She just won Gold in Rio, I find that much more respectable than anything in UFC. But, each to his/her own. I have no idea how she would do in mma. I did watch her last two matches in Rio and she was a monster there but lots of people don't fare well getting punched so who knows.

Scared?? Pfft, that's a stretch.
She's merely vocalizing what a lot of people believe, including myself, in that mma, today, is more about the spectacle than the sport. She didn't say anything that wasn't plausible unless you assign some context that wasn't hers.

She just won Gold in Rio, I find that much more respectable than anything in UFC. But, each to his/her own. I have no idea how she would do in mma. I did watch her last two matches in Rio and she was a monster there but lots of people don't fare well getting punched so who knows.
Yea for sure. Maybe scared isn't the best word to use. A bit of apprehension perhaps. My problem with her statement is she's seems to be using the idea that you need to be good looking to be successful in MMA. That's BS.

Now will she get sponsorship and coverage like PVZ. No. But that is no different then any other sport. Sharapova get's paid more than Serena Williams despite being less successful. The superficiality is a general problem with society and not MMA.

One of the least attractive women at 135 is the champ and didn't exactly have a long road to the belt (3 fight win streak)

This woman would have gold medal judo hype behind her and would probably get a title shot after wins over 2 scrub level fighters. Even being unattractive she'd still get the push

So basically she is calling herself unattractive?

Back