Kayla Harrison no to mma,"not cut out for a world where you get fights based on how pretty you are"

I dont agree with everything you said. You c an be ugly as hell and be a champ in UFC WWE is PURE Entertainment its scripted fighting its like theater. UFC is real fighting being good looking helps but that doesnt mean you will be an excellent fighter because of your looks. WWE is different in this aspect.

But at the end of the day in Combat sports "Good Looks" cant help you take a punch better LMAO. Its a poor excuse from her, just cant admit shes scared of getting punched in the face.

I thought she was speaking more about Sage & Paige as far as looks go, and Conor and the other trash talkers. She'd probably be a better fit in Invicta, both due to her size and how Knapp handles the fighters there. They don't seem to care as much about trash talking for promotion either.

Sounds like you wanted to try to make this make sense for some reason.

Who has gotten fights based on how pretty they are?

She just strikes me as a person who has only seen Ronda Rousey vs Miesha Tate and based her entire opinion of the sport on that. She could've just said "I don't follow MMA. It's not a sport I'm interested in." instead of being so negative.

I agree that someone who doesn't like MMA shouldn't become an MMA fighter because they would hate their job and probably get seriously hurt.
I actually think she's very aware of mma. Everything she said is pretty much true.

Doggie dog world. Life not fair especially to ugly ppl, mousey ppl, or just who dont go for it. At the end of the day you only have one short life do what you feel is right with no regrets. But if you win you will never be denied. Look at my boy Ferguson ...ugly mofo look like a cross between a bat and a mexican haha beats RDA guaranteed title shot.

Last edited:
It's prizefighting. It will always be this way.

Boxing is the more established historic sport and it has been like this too since forever. Big draws dictate the terms of the fights. This will never change.

Boxing and MMA are sports where you only need two interesting fighters to sell a PPV. Or in some cases even only one star fighter smashing unknowns is good enough (Mike Tyson or Ronda Rousey if you want an WMMA example). That's why the entire game will revolve around these fighters (the big draws) because they bring the money in while the rest doesn't. The fighters understand this, the promoters understand this and most fans understand this too.

fans understand this doesn't mean they accept it. especially when ufc have 500+ plus fighters on their roaster. we know fighter A is better than fighter B but fighter B get all the privileges just because he's prettier with a larger fan base...?
it 's a kind of dishonnesty toward most fighters. they are just recruited to make ufc look good without any possibility to purchase their dream of being champion.
that doesn't make any sense.

they spent years trying to sell mma as a sport wich is no more once u get into the ufc.

Hahaaaaa. Someone must have asked her a loaded question or something. WMMA is not the beauty pageant she speaks of. No siree bob.

Sounds like she just doesn't want to fight and is making up excuses. She also looked huge, she wouldn't be a success because there are no weight classes for her.

She is jacked.
she sure is
giphy.gif

She has a point, good for her. She's probably sneaked a peak at WMMA threads on forums, in which discussion always centres around how attractive or unattractive a fighter is. It's basically WWE Divas.

I'd say it matters with getting fights yes, but it matters more with the sponsorships, talk-shows, movie-roles, etc.

I think she realizes that even if she duplicated Ronda's run, she wouldn't receive the attention (or money) Ronda did.

That's life.

Kind of unfortunate that she sees it that way. But that just shows she probably isn't cut out for fighting/striking anyways.

But when she said that there isn't respect shown after fights like in Judo matches that also showed that she doesn't really watch MMA. 90% of the time fighters show some form of respect to the other right after the fight.

She has a point - but this is prizefighting. Given her size, she would be a FW.

Six months of striking training and then throw her in with Cyborg?

Hahaaaaa. Someone must have asked her a loaded question or something. WMMA is not the beauty pageant she speaks of. No siree bob.

No, I agree. But every WMMA thread devolves into discussion about looks, every single fucking one of them. And if you're good looking you get preferencial treatment and better pay - see Paige Van Zant as evidence of that. She's right in that if you're a plain jane type bird, you probably aren't going to get paid what you deserve and the majority of fans will slate your appearance.

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong.

garbage opinion

if you're a good fighter, you will get there. she's probably just scared

No, I agree. But every WMMA thread devolves into discussion about looks, every single fucking one of them. And if you're good looking you get preferencial treatment and better pay - see Paige Van Zant as evidence of that. She's right in that if you're a plain jane type bird, you probably aren't going to get paid what you deserve and the majority of fans will slate your appearance.

Exactly. They are pieces of meat. Every one of them. I remember when it used to be against the rules to make comments about women fighters like that. But I guess they decided they can't stop it.

Back