Rumored Kayla Harrison earns as much as Israel Adesanya

Professional sport is about selling tickets. If she's selling enough tickets to justify her salary then good for her. It's got nothing to do with Adesanya, the money she's getting paid is not being taken out of his pay.

Lots of people make money doing things I'm not interested in. Doesn't bother me in the least, and I'm curious why it bothers you enough for you to make a thread about it.

You’re contradicting yourself, if you don’t care why do you care that someone else cares about fighter pay? Why are you so bothered that you needed to respond to this thread, I’ll take it a step further and ask you why you’re about to respond to this since comment you apparently “don’t care” what others are doing

<Y2JSmirk>

Well, if she wins that is. I know in her first season she was paid $100,000 per fight w/ a $25,000 bonus if she won. Then $1,000,000 for winning the tournament obviously. I'm not sure if she makes more this season, but my guess is she is making the same. She has been pretty vocal this year about things she doesn't like with the PFL and I'd be shocked if she returns after this season, despite it appearing to be an easy $1,300,000+ per year for her.

Adesanya made 500,000 flat fee for his MW title defense against Vettori (plus an unannounced amount of PPV points that would increase his total significantly). And he was paid $600,000 for his fight w/ Jan Blachowicz (plus $40,000 sponsorship bonus), I'm assuming no PPV points since he entered that fight as a title challenger and the a champion [at that weight]. Plus, Israel has his Puma sponsorship among others. He also made $600,000 flat fee against Costa (plus PPV Points, 50k Performance Bonus and 40k Sponsorship bonus). He also made $500,000 flat against Romero (Plus PPV Points).

All of that to say, maybe on paper you could make a case for her making more, but in reality Israel makes a lot more than her per year. Overall Adesanya's made somewhere around 8-10 million just in his MMA Career, Kayla has probably made around 1.5 -2 million.
of course he made ppv points against jan.

Reactions: lsa
Would be hilarious if she upset Buff bagwell Kayla Harrison

lol Buff Bagwell

You know that guy became a gigolo when he retired?

saw him on Showtime’s Gigolos, in I think Season 2. He was a guest rookie gigolo learning the ropes from the Olympic level Nick Hawk.

416OJzoEHdL.jpg

Buff-Bagwell-1.jpg

<mma4>

Because she's a massively competitive person. I think she's in the UFC next year.

she only not with pfl cause they fold up shop. bellator would offer her more than the ufc also she always said she never fight amanda nunes.

she also said she hated cutting weight to 145 so bellator wouldsign those 155 cans pfl got an she be able to keep cake walking.

If that’s true, Dana is a naughty boy.

she only not with pfl cause they fold up shop. bellator would offer her more than the ufc also she always said she never fight amanda nunes.

she also said she hated cutting weight to 145 so bellator wouldsign those 155 cans pfl got an she be able to keep cake walking.

She's since said she does want to fight Amanda and has cut weight to 145 for a fight in Invicta.

Pretty cool, they must be the two biggest earners in WMMA by far.

What is crazy is who the heck knows who Kayla Harrison is? I follow MMA and been for decades and barely knew who she was. There are that many casuals that know her name? That is the only part of this that leaves me scratching my head.

I find that strange too, but I have to assume there are enough that someone is willing to pay her, in which case I'd say good for her for making what she can while she can.

You’re contradicting yourself, if you don’t care why do you care that someone else cares about fighter pay? Why are you so bothered that you needed to respond to this thread, I’ll take it a step further and ask you why you’re about to respond to this since comment you apparently “don’t care” what others are doing

<Y2JSmirk>

Because making comments on Sherdog is an effortless, relaxing distraction from real life. I gather you're suggesting the same is true for you, in which case I completely understand. Have fun.

Ufc pays izzy too little then.

Good. Let her judo toss a few jobbers for our entertainment.

She's since said she does want to fight Amanda and has cut weight to 145 for a fight in Invicta.

after that invicta fight she said she hated the way the weight cut felt on her.

jsut cause she said she wants to be the goat she never said the words i will fight amanda in the ufc. she talking liek cris does. cris says hey ufc i want a the rematch in a bellator cage knowing it wont happen. kayla with pfl so she knows she never able to fight amanda.

I'd be surprised if Dandois wins but not shocked, Cindy's boxing is irrelevant here.

If PFL are willing to pay Harrison a million then that's what she's worth, it's the American way, right?
America is the literal opposite of a meritocracy. Might be true in her case but she would be a rare exception/luck as opposed to the norm.

Back