Rumored Kayla Harrison earns as much as Israel Adesanya

She fights at 145 now but I still don't think UFC is gonna pay her a similar wage. Glad she getting coin.

Zero chance.

According to Israel he owns close to 20 properties in New Zealand, owns multiple luxury cars(his McLaren alone is worth 600k), has big name sponsorships and fights several times a year earning PPV points on cards that regularly sell over 500K.

I'm still trying to figure out how he paid 650k for a 720s...

Not to mention they are literally the fastest depreciating super car brand on the planet. (Other than their super rare limited cars of which the 720s is most certainly not)

Every season she gets a free ride to the finals taking out soccer moms left and right and earns a cool 1 million from PFL.

She’s fighting the infamous Cindy Dandelion tomorrow.

dandois-1.gif

she get a million at the end of the season.

she doesnt make 1 million each fight

this is why she never leaving pfl for the ufc.

why leave the cake walk 1 million check.

Can’t blame her if she never fought in the UFC. She’s most likely be taking a pay cut.

her normal fight purse wouldnt be a pay cut but she couldnt cake walk to a 1 million pay off.

Yeah either you can get paid or fight in the UFC- pick one.

tajke out the 1 million pfl system that only rewarxs the winners an it not like pfl pays people like how ufc pays normal fight purses..

She very likely doesn’t. The disclosed numbers we see from commissions don’t include PPV points and other bonuses. For example Jon Jones says he receives around 5 million per fight, far more than what was reported.

Israel Adesanya draws in similar numbers to Jones. It’s reasonable to believe that he receives similar pay in PPV points

also kayla and the pfl people have to win whart 3 or 4 fights in the season to get the chance at a million. she doesnt make 1 million a fight.

I'd be surprised if Dandois wins but not shocked, Cindy's boxing is irrelevant here.

If PFL are willing to pay Harrison a million then that's what she's worth, it's the American way, right?

Doubt she does, but good for her for making good money. She’s a badass that deserves everything she’s getting.

UFC=U Fight Cheap

{<jordan}

But they wanna be bigger than soccer

{<jordan}{<jordan}

she get a million at the end of the season.

she doesnt make 1 million each fight

this is why she never leaving pfl for the ufc.

why leave the cake walk 1 million check.

Because she's a massively competitive person. I think she's in the UFC next year.

Can’t blame her if she never fought in the UFC. She’s most likely be taking a pay cut.
If I could make 1.3 mil a year fighting soccer moms I'd quit my day job. ;)

I'd like to see Kayla in the UFC but won't blame her if she stays in PFL on easy mode. That's pretty much what Mamed did in KSW.

She’s fighting the infamous Cindy Dandelion tomorrow.

dandois-1.gif

Good god.

We give Ben Askren a lot of shit for having the worst striking in the history of MMA, but after this....

...well...

Askren is still worse, but this is a very close 2nd place.

Well, if she wins that is. I know in her first season she was paid $100,000 per fight w/ a $25,000 bonus if she won. Then $1,000,000 for winning the tournament obviously. I'm not sure if she makes more this season, but my guess is she is making the same. She has been pretty vocal this year about things she doesn't like with the PFL and I'd be shocked if she returns after this season, despite it appearing to be an easy $1,300,000+ per year for her.

Adesanya made 500,000 flat fee for his MW title defense against Vettori (plus an unannounced amount of PPV points that would increase his total significantly). And he was paid $600,000 for his fight w/ Jan Blachowicz (plus $40,000 sponsorship bonus), I'm assuming no PPV points since he entered that fight as a title challenger and the a champion [at that weight]. Plus, Israel has his Puma sponsorship among others. He also made $600,000 flat fee against Costa (plus PPV Points, 50k Performance Bonus and 40k Sponsorship bonus). He also made $500,000 flat against Romero (Plus PPV Points).

All of that to say, maybe on paper you could make a case for her making more, but in reality Israel makes a lot more than her per year. Overall Adesanya's made somewhere around 8-10 million just in his MMA Career, Kayla has probably made around 1.5 -2 million.
He very likely made PPV points against Jan because he was still a champ and thats in all champs contracts and he is a huge draw. Before taxes and all his fees he has likely made anywhere from 2-7m in the last 12 months alone.

Well, if she wins that is. I know in her first season she was paid $100,000 per fight w/ a $25,000 bonus if she won. Then $1,000,000 for winning the tournament obviously. I'm not sure if she makes more this season, but my guess is she is making the same. She has been pretty vocal this year about things she doesn't like with the PFL and I'd be shocked if she returns after this season, despite it appearing to be an easy $1,300,000+ per year for her.

Adesanya made 500,000 flat fee for his MW title defense against Vettori (plus an unannounced amount of PPV points that would increase his total significantly). And he was paid $600,000 for his fight w/ Jan Blachowicz (plus $40,000 sponsorship bonus), I'm assuming no PPV points since he entered that fight as a title challenger and the a champion [at that weight]. Plus, Israel has his Puma sponsorship among others. He also made $600,000 flat fee against Costa (plus PPV Points, 50k Performance Bonus and 40k Sponsorship bonus). He also made $500,000 flat against Romero (Plus PPV Points).

All of that to say, maybe on paper you could make a case for her making more, but in reality Israel makes a lot more than her per year. Overall Adesanya's made somewhere around 8-10 million just in his MMA Career, Kayla has probably made around 1.5 -2 million.

I agree with you. On face value she might be getting the same. Izzy also gets 10% gross on merch with his likeness in addition to the PPV points. I imagine we only see a fraction of his earnings. I would assume Izzy makes several million a fight when every is added up. Overeem for example got $2 a buy (https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...eem-former-manager-files-suit-breach-contract) which means the majority of Izzy pay could be via PPV points

Kayla indicated she wants to come to UFC so clearly thinks she can earn more money in the UFC although her PFL looks pretty sweet and as good as you get outside the UFC considering she is such an insanely heavy favourite to win the million.

Robbing these promotions blind if people in PFL are making that, who even watches PFL? What media partnerships do they have?

If you're only look at base pay then you'd have a point. However, fighting in the UFC gives way more opportunities for sponsorships and building your brand. Izzy has huge sponsors and way more exposure, plus he gets PPV points. Like it or not the UFC champion will always be considered #1 and will always get the big name sponsors.

Good for her if she wins the tournament. Although I doubt she's making as much as Israel fight for fight it's a start. We should be supporting these other MMA organizations

Back