Rumored Kayla Harrison earns as much as Israel Adesanya

If I could make 1.3 mil a year fighting soccer moms I'd quit my day job. ;)

I'd like to see Kayla in the UFC but won't blame her if she stays in PFL on easy mode. That's pretty much what Mamed did in KSW.
I'd personally like to see her take a stop through Bellator to try out Cyborg first. I don't think she's ready for Cyborg yet, but that'd be badass

Good god.

We give Ben Askren a lot of shit for having the worst striking in the history of MMA, but after this....

...well...

Askren is still worse, but this is a very close 2nd place.
askren can at least fall back on elite wrestling. wmma is just low tier in all aspects

In a previous job there was a short term project that paid shitload of money. I earned 2x or 3x my monthly salary for a week's worth of work (or less). It was sweet, but it was also an one-off thing.

Smaller promotions are like the one-off thing. They can go under at any moment and they can put on a lot less shows. UFC's pay is less, but is stable and a fighter can fight as much as he wants. Someone wants to fight 4 or 5 times a year? Dana will happily oblige.

I need more sleep.

Thought the title read Kamala Harris <45>

In a previous job there was a short term project that paid shitload of money. I earned 2x or 3x my monthly salary for a week's worth of work (or less). It was sweet, but it was also an one-off thing.

Smaller promotions are like the one-off thing. They can go under at any moment and they can put on a lot less shows. UFC's pay is less, but is stable and a fighter can fight as much as he wants. Someone wants to fight 4 or 5 times a year? Dana will happily oblige.

UFC might be stable but fighters working for them arent, theu can be cut at any moment.

UFC's pay is less, but is stable and a fighter can fight as much as he wants. Someone wants to fight 4 or 5 times a year? Dana will happily oblige.

Only if you're willing to fight as a late replacement, they're not scheduling people for that many fights a year and most fighters would like to fight more.

Josh Thomson and McCarthy talked on their podcast about her salary per fight. Supposedly $500k. If that is true, man, good for her but WTF, WTF....

Every season she gets a free ride to the finals taking out soccer moms left and right and earns a cool 1 million from PFL.

She’s fighting the infamous Cindy Dandelion tomorrow.

dandois-1.gif

Professional sport is about selling tickets. If she's selling enough tickets to justify her salary then good for her. It's got nothing to do with Adesanya, the money she's getting paid is not being taken out of his pay.

Lots of people make money doing things I'm not interested in. Doesn't bother me in the least, and I'm curious why it bothers you enough for you to make a thread about it.

She very likely doesn’t. The disclosed numbers we see from commissions don’t include PPV points and other bonuses. For example Jon Jones says he receives around 5 million per fight, far more than what was reported.

Israel Adesanya draws in similar numbers to Jones. It’s reasonable to believe that he receives similar pay in PPV points

Kayla harrison making big bucks with hypothetical ppv points, i dont think so.
First, those are not automatic, secondly making 1 or 2 dollars / buy, beginning at 300.000 buys, its making about 500k more than your garanteed fee if she is doing adesanya numbers (which she cannot do nowadays), which is about what she is making now without worrying about the buys.
At the end of the day, she is good where she is right now when it comes to money.

Professional sport is about selling tickets. If she's selling enough tickets to justify her salary then good for her. It's got nothing to do with Adesanya, the money she's getting paid is not being taken out of his pay.

Lots of people make money doing things I'm not interested in. Doesn't bother me in the least, and I'm curious why it bothers you enough for you to make a thread about it.

What is crazy is who the heck knows who Kayla Harrison is? I follow MMA and been for decades and barely knew who she was. There are that many casuals that know her name? That is the only part of this that leaves me scratching my head.

Kayla harrison making big bucks with hypothetical ppv points, i dont think so.
First, those are not automatic, secondly making 1 or 2 dollars / buy, beginning at 300.000 buys, its making about 500k more than your garanteed fee if she is doing adesanya numbers (which she cannot do nowadays), which is about what she is making now without worrying about the buys.
At the end of the day, she is good where she is right now when it comes to money.

What are you talking about?

Every season she gets a free ride to the finals taking out soccer moms left and right and earns a cool 1 million from PFL.

She’s fighting the infamous Cindy Dandelion tomorrow.

dandois-1.gif

Throwing hammers like a mad woman. Sheilds should be a good test

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back