Kaufman decision.

I thought Kaufman deserved the 29-28 nod but just barely as the second round was pretty close and Eye appeared to be the busier fighter. I was really impressed by how slick Eye's boxing is, and I think two judges were probably swayed by how sharp she looked in rounds 1 and 2, although Sarah landed the better shots in round 2. Anyway, not too upset with the result -- both women looked really good in spots and showed they are upper tier fighters in the women's division. Feel like Cat Zingano would paste both of them though.

The crowd booed Maldonado when he "won" his last fight in Brazil. Still tons of threads about the homecountry robbery.

I think they can be seen differently. When Fabio was announced, came to the cage, every strike, every taunt the crowd cheered insanely loud. They did the opposite for Beltran. That can influence that judges. The Eye-Kaufmann fight was nothing like that.

I gave the first 2 rounds to Eye. But it was close, and I'm biased because I bet on Eye.
So whateves.

I scored the last two rounds for Kaufman 10-9 and the first to Eye 10-9.

29-28 for Sarah close fight but I thought she landed the harder strikes and was being the aggressor

One of the judges gave the third round to Eye. Just stupid.

I had it 29 28 kaufman, but round two was really close, someone was bound to get f'ed over since draws are so rare.

kaufman deserved it for sure. but judges can score a round basically however they want to interpret the rules and never get in trouble for it.

I felt Sarah Kaufman won the second and third rounds with Jessica Eye taking the first.

The second round was close though. I keep remembering that the Strikes Counted suggested Eye had +2-3 more strikes in the first round while towards the end of the second round Kaufman was up by +7-8 strikes so I felt Kaufman took that round. Still a close round.

Total strikes for Kaufman 87 for the fight.
Total strikes for Eye 65 for the fight.

Breakdown of rounds, etc..
http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/4493

Not an out and out robbery but questionable split decision for Eye.

Great fight.

20pzwrd.jpg

proxy.jpg

Last edited:
It was a close fight and would not have been mad if it went either way. However, I did not think Kaufman won that fight.

I had it 29-28 Sara and shes my fave WMMA fighter ever but it wasnt a robbery. Could see 29-28 for Jess

Sometimes I think Kaufman gets red/bruised up a lot easier than other BWs, and that might works against her in the eye of the judges.

I missed the first round and the beginning of the second, but from what I saw, I thought Sara won

on another note...DAMNNN Sara got a big ol booty!!

Eye
Kaufman
Kaufman

It was close, but non that close.

Back