Katy Collins (1987-2019)

Cremation or especially burial as well as funerals and memorial services can be quite expensive and a lot of working class or middle class people don't have a lot of savings for emergencies so presumably donations help the surviving family with those bills. Especially in this case since it was a sudden unexpected death of a young person who may not have even had any kind of insurance, a will or any plans made for end of life preparations.

This. My mother in laws funeral that just happened was over $17000, and that was an inexpensive one with a cremation. Would have been way more expensive with burial.

It's always sad when someone young dies suddenly like this. And it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with trauma from getting punched in the head as a pro fighter either. I had an aunt that died of a brain aneurysm in her 30s as well, just totally unexpectedly.

It's more than likely that MMA contributed to it....even if it was something else, getting smashed in the head for sport, can't be good. Blood ballooning in the brain, my grandpa died from it. He had an extremely high temper and ate a lot of rich, delicious food. Stress was also bad for him, so imagine if he took up MMA to get hit in the head....it'll make it much worse.

RIP

It's more than likely that MMA contributed to it....even if it was something else, getting smashed in the head for sport, can't be good. Blood ballooning in the brain, my grandpa died from it. He had an extremely high temper and ate a lot of rich, delicious food. Stress was also bad for him, so imagine if he took up MMA to get hit in the head....it'll make it much worse.
RIP
There is absolutely no reason to say that. You're trying to come up with lifestyle reasons as to why an aneurysm might happen to a person, like head trauma, stress or poor diet when in fact it could simply be a genetic predisposition or plain bad luck.

There is absolutely no reason to say that. You're trying to come up with lifestyle reasons as to why an aneurysm might happen to a person, like head trauma, stress or poor diet when in fact it could simply be a genetic predisposition or plain bad luck.

It's all of the above, babe. I know what punching someone in the head to knock them the F out as a sport does....now multiply that by 10 if it's a full time job.....and so does one of the ladies at my gym, who's a medical doctor doing specifically this, head trauma research for NIH. But I didn't even need her to tell me this, to know it's true.

It's all of the above, babe. I know what punching someone in the head to knock them the F out as a sport does....now multiply that by 10 if it's a full time job.....and so does one of the ladies at my gym, who's a medical doctor doing specifically this, head trauma research for NIH. But I didn't even need her to tell me this, to know it's true.
Then how do you explain the many, many MMA fighters and boxers who have taken far more head trauma and for far longer than Katy Collins did but aren't dropping dead suddenly from brain aneurysms or the mostly sedentary people who do?

One of my employees dropped in the shower. But the saved him, massive aneurysm. Never fought. Rip young lady.

Way too damn young....RIP

Then how do you explain the many, many MMA fighters and boxers who have taken far more head trauma and for far longer than Katy Collins did but aren't dropping dead suddenly from brain aneurysms or the mostly sedentary people who do?

Try reading what I said again, babe. Start with.... "It's more than likely that MMA contributed to it". Obviously, everyone's different and can take different levels of head trauma. Just like cigarettes, it doesn't guarantee lung cancer, but certainly not good for you.

Try reading what I said again, babe. Start with.... "It's more than likely that MMA contributed to it". Obviously, everyone's different and can take different levels of head trauma. Just like cigarettes, it doesn't guarantee lung cancer, but certainly not good for you.
It's not more than likely that MMA contributed to an aneurysm.

You're just making stuff up and have no idea what you're talking about. No argument needed.

You're just low IQ and ran out of bad arguments; proof being, you tried hard before but the little hamster in your head just got a clogged artery or something.

You're just low IQ and ran out of bad arguments; proof being, you tried hard before but the little hamster in your head just got a clogged artery or something.
Just stop, you're making yourself sound like an asshole. You're wrong, doubling down on it and calling names won't make you right. Aneurysms kill people every single day, randomly. Has nothing to do with MMA and any idiot knows that.

Just stop, you're making yourself sound like an asshole. You're wrong, doubling down on it and calling names won't make you right. Aneurysms kill people every single day, randomly. Has nothing to do with MMA and any idiot knows that.

You sound like a little bitch, doing the same thing yet complaining about it. And you're stupid if you think that getting hit in the head often, as a profession, doesn't make such existing conditions worse.

Tell that to the real poor people without internet, fundmepages and fuckbooks, fuckface

what the fuck do you even mean by that LOL

this is tony ferguson levels of insanity

You sound like a little bitch, doing the same thing yet complaining about it. And you're stupid if you think that getting hit in the head often, as a profession, doesn't make such existing conditions worse.
LOL
You have no fucking clue what you’re even talking about. Carry on dumb ass.

LOL
You have no fucking clue what you’re even talking about. Carry on dumb ass.

So your argument is, you disagree, stupid? Stay in school loser.

Back