Katy Collins (1987-2019)

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
5d92359512601.png

Women’s MMA veteran Katy Collins has passed away after suffering a brain aneurysm on Sept. 20 and related complications. She was 32.

The coach of Collins, JT Tilley, shared the unfortunate news on his Facebook.

Collins compiled a 7-5 record as a professional mixed martial artist. She turned pro in 2015, and went on to fight for organizations such as Bellator and LFA. She had a 2-1 record in Bellator, with wins over Bruna Vargas and Michelle Royer and a loss to Emily Ducote. She most recently competed in LFA. Prior to turning pro, she competed as an amateur from 2011 to 2014.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/bellator/bellator-veteran-katy-collins-passes-away/

Obituary

Katy Dawn (Morgan) Collins, 32, of Branson, Missouri, departed this life on Wednesday, September 25, 2019 in Springfield, Missouri. She was born on September 4, 1987 to Herbert Leon Morgan, Jr. and Eva Lynn Hollins Myers.

Katy was of the Baptist faith and grew up in Marked Tree, Arkansas. She then moved to Branson, Missouri and followed her dream of becoming an MMA fighter. In Branson she was surrounded by amazing people who cared for her and helped her to start her career as an MMA fighter. She trained in the Branson Fight Club. Her fights were with the Bellator and Invicta Promotions.

She is preceded in death by her Grandfathers: Herbert Leon Morgan, Sr. and Homer Hollins.

Katy is survived by her 2 sons: Mason and Kaden Collins of Tyronza, Arkansas; her parents: Eva Myers of Marked Tree, Arkansas; Robert Crim of West Memphis, Arkansas and Herbert Leon Morgan, Jr (Anita) of Marked Tree, Arkansas; grandparents: Mary Morgan, Florence Hollins and Donald “Worm” Grubbs of Marked Tree, Arkansas; 2 brothers: Herbert Lynn Morgan of Marked Tree, Arkansas and Brandon Leon Morgan of Lepanto, Arkansas; 2 sisters: Kimberly Greene (Billy Joe) of the Black Oak Community and Kristie Rae Thomas (Robbie) of Marked Tree, Arkansas; her companion: Keith Harris of Branson, Missouri; best friends: Sarah and Shawn Jones of Branson, Missouri; and her puppy: Stewart.

Funeral Service will be held Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at Delancey-Murphy Funeral Home in Marked Tree.

Visitation will be Thursday from 12:30 p.m. until service time.

https://www.delanceymurphyfuneralhome.com/notices/Katy-Collins

Last edited:
It's always sad when someone young dies suddenly like this. And it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with trauma from getting punched in the head as a pro fighter either. I had an aunt that died of a brain aneurysm in her 30s as well, just totally unexpectedly.

That's sad. I remember seeing her vs Bruna Vargas at least if not also some other times. You always have to wonder whether or not there was a connection to the sport with that type of event (whether this came about in training or even just sitting around at home).

Here's a fight she won, she looks so happy with the W at the end :(
RIP

Rest in peace Katy Collins.

She's in a better place now and will reunite with her loved ones eventually. RIP

Why does every dead person these days have a gofundme or whatever?
What are we helping with?
Family geting a little bit of money because someone is dead?
View attachment 651171

R.I.P. Though
Cremation or especially burial as well as funerals and memorial services can be quite expensive and a lot of working class or middle class people don't have a lot of savings for emergencies so presumably donations help the surviving family with those bills. Especially in this case since it was a sudden unexpected death of a young person who may not have even had any kind of insurance, a will or any plans made for end of life preparations.

From what I've read, it wasn't MMA related.

"Former MMA fighter Katy Collins died on Wednesday from a brain aneurysm.

BBC News reported the former Bellator fighter spent five days in hospital before she died. The 32-year-old Arkansas native became a professional mixed martial artist in 2015 and fought under the name "Red Dragon." She is survived by her two sons.

Her former coach, JT Tilley, posted on Facebook: "I've always been so proud of you Kate. We did it. I was honored to be able to live your dream with you. I will miss you more than the world will ever know."

u6BWjio1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ty-collins-dies-at-age-32-from-brain-aneurysm

R.I.P. :(

Back