Media Karolina Kowalkiewicz releases emotional statement after UFC 265 loss

Yes, her mentioning she wanted to take off her gloves after the fight to me hints a possible retirement, or maybe an indication that she knows that it's her final bout in the UFC.

She is a bit of an enigma for sure.

She used to be pretty vicious win or lose, putting on some pretty entertaining firefights. Lately that has not been her performance though.

Had she laid down her gloves it would have saved the public burden that will follow the UFC cutting her, which is inevitable. Her last fights just haven't been compelling, so there is now way they are going to keep her on.

Hard to know why.... She went the distance with JJ and has a win over a young Thug Rose... But the drop has been precipitous.

Reactions: Gio
If she's not done, in your opinion who can she beat? She's on a 5 fight losing streak, and sinc beating Namajunas, which was her high water mark, she's 2-7.
Well I haven't seen very many Kowalkiewicz fights so being very conservative, I think she can beat people like Hannah Cifers, Hannah Goldy, Diana Belbita, and Ashley Yoder.
Not saying she necessarily will win, but if she wants to keep going I think there's at least 1 or 2 fun fights left in her. If the UFC decides to cut her that wouldn't be a surprise either but there are just not that many strawweights so a lot of women hang around with more losses than wins.

Ask for someone really shitty and see if she can totally destroy her without getting all marked up.

I'm going to miss her pre fight wink against the cage

2HTM.gif

Didn't they give her Penne to do that?

Nah it was the other way around. Penne's last opponent would've absolutely murked Karol and Penne looked pretty damn good coming off that layoff and beating that one Godinez chick even by sd. The UFC surprisingly knows what they're doing.

Sounds like the poor girl has been fighting depression even before this comeback fight and this is not gonna help. She seems nice unfortunately she is not that great of a fighter...she needs a Hollywood agent. She's def cuter than Ronda!

I think her trainer became her boyfriend/husband. After the l;oss to JJ she should have signed on to an American training camp. Just never got the training in Lodz, Poland. Simply a case of poor training.

My favourite, but not a Polish 9....Sweet feminine girls always look more atractive.:)

Back