Karate Combat

what does 'dirty' even mean? you realize that boxing was very similar to kyokushin before they started wearing gloves? was old school boxing 'dirty'?

That's a very strange comparison. Boxing always allowed punching to the face. Kyokushin rules mean they get stuck punching each others stomach, which to me is both unrealistic and not Karate.

what does 'dirty' even mean? you realize that boxing was very similar to kyokushin before they started wearing gloves? was old school boxing 'dirty'?

what exactly does karate look like any way? my experience with karate it looks a lot like MT and judo mashed together with some aikido sprinkled in for good measure...

There is nothing in the traditional Karate footwork resembling Muay Thai... And we've already covered why that isn't the case with the more static nature of Kyokushin.

That's a very strange comparison. Boxing always allowed punching to the face. Kyokushin rules mean they get stuck punching each others stomach, which to me is both unrealistic and not Karate.
sure boxing always allowed punches to the face, but in the 19th century punching to the head was extremely uncommon, hence the old school boxing stance with the hands that are very low, and almost mimicking traditional karate's kumaite pose(totally misspelled that...but the ready pose that nearly every goju kata starts from)

There is nothing in the traditional Karate footwork resembling Muay Thai... And we've already covered why that isn't the case with the more static nature of Kyokushin.
what is traditional karate footwork? you keep saying absolutely stupid and meaningless things.

what is traditional karate footwork? you keep saying absolutely stupid and meaningless things.

The blitzing way a Karateka moved when face punching was allowed, instead of putting two meat heads up against each other digging the body.

The blitzing way a Karateka moved when face punching was allowed, instead of putting two meat heads up against each other digging the body.
ok so you're talking about point fighting footwork...something that is in no way traditional...point fighting was created in the mid-late 20th century...point fighting is about as traditional of karate, as kickboxing, and kyokushin...

like i said, what is your experience or background in karate?

point fighting was created in 1934...didn't really become popular until the 1950s or 60s however...about the same time kyokushin was gaining traction, and the creation of kickboxing in japan and then later the US...

No but it flows naturally with such a format. It was not in existence because the founder of Karate, Gishin Funakoshi, was against free sparring. Then Gigo took over.
funakoshi isn't the founder of karate by a long shot...but ok.

thank you for proving that you have no actual clue what you're talking about.

funakoshi isn't the founder of karate by a long shot...but ok.

thank you for proving that you have no actual clue what you're talking about.

Yes he was, he was even the namer. What he learned was NOT called Karate, and had a completely different training culture. He modified it to his own Japanese system which he dubbed Karate. Those he learned from decided to retroactively rename what they did Karate as well after his success.

well you provided some entertainment for the last 30minutes of my shift. done feeding this particular troll

It sounds to me like you are arguing with someone who has a little TKD experience, who likes to think he knows everything about every combat sport.

It takes the same time to spot him as it does to watch one of his videos. He can't help himself and just admit when he has got something wrong.

I can't work out if ST is a really good troll, or a really delusional martial artist.

I think he is serious until he realises he is wrong, then decides to derail the thread by pretending he is a troll...who knows!

I'm not sure, but I think it might be a particular troll back on a 4th account :p its strange that we're suddenly getting both new, and long inactive white belt accounts suddenly start up

"theres that knee he loves to throw"

i counted at least 4 knees in this full contact traditional karate competition compiliation...starting at about 1:25 to the end...

knees are quite clearly within the karate arsenal and are used pretty regularly when competition allows for it.

Machida v Ortiz is when I stopped laughing at MMA and gave it any chance of becoming a high level martial arts format. Didn't help that commentators like Rogan had shit on my two dedicated disciplines Judo and TKD for so long. Machida made it impossible for them to dismiss the whole world of full contact/resistance styles other than Boxing/Muay Thai/Wrestling/BJJ.

Machida v Rua the last real LHW UFC, because it was the last time 6'1 normal 205lbs guys competed at that weight class.

Machida v Ortiz is when I stopped laughing at MMA and gave it any chance of becoming a high level martial arts format. Didn't help that commentators like Rogan had shit on my two dedicated disciplines Judo and TKD for so long. Machida made it impossible for them to dismiss the whole world of full contact/resistance styles other than Boxing/Muay Thai/Wrestling/BJJ.

Machida v Rua the last real LHW UFC, because it was the last time 6'1 normal 205lbs guys competed at that weight class.

Eh, Rogan has always had great respect for Judo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back