Karate Combat

at the point you're making multiple new accounts, or have multiple accounts on standby to troll the same forum, you either have something seriously wrong mentally, or your life is seriously going awfully.

oh well, lets get back on track with the discussion i guess.

Those are all against guys shooting in, which people stopped doing, and which they won't do in Karate Combat. Bare in mind that Machida had 36 fights. I remember him using it on Shogun in their fight first also. Kinda the only thing that kept him in the match, ironically enough against a Muay Thai stylist.
i know the dudes banned and all, but I’d like to point out 75% of those knees posted were against guys stepping in for punches

Just finished watching today's event.

No stupid effects during the fights.
Quality of the fights imo went up
Black belt not required to be able to fight. One contestant was a KK brown belt, who was currently training MT.

Black belt not required to be able to fight. One contestant was a KK brown belt, who was currently training MT.
Makes sense no other professional combat sport has that sort of restriction

@Valhoven when he finally catches @spacetime and his VPN

This guy judochopatemi showed up on the grappling forum right around a week after Spaceballs last alt got banned.

SB did take a try over there a while back and this new guy starts argument threads, sits back and waits to counter argue replies.......

Similar psych profile, but I don't have the interest in playing interwebs detective.....

oooh how did he do? got clips?
I did both Shotokan and Kyokushin and IMO each style can exploit the other one's flaws so it's a really exciting matchup for me.

Still not sure of the blackbelt requirement. When they were introducing the KK guy I thought they also said he was a blackbelt in Shotokan.

Found it: Timestamp from the Karate Combat video of the event is about 20:20 where they state he is also a blackbelt in Shotokan.

Link:

Also has anyone heard what the verdict was on Jerome Brown (main event)? He was really out of it and having issues.

I did both Shotokan and Kyokushin and IMO each style can exploit the other one's flaws so it's a really exciting matchup for me.

Looked like the kyokushin guy had problems with distancing and also seemed to be eating straight rights throughout.

Second round was even worse for the KK dude - ate nearly every punch under the sun and then got dazed with a front kick to the head. Pretty much was getting ragdolled.

Third round - he did better but more because the shotokan guy ran out of juice. But did not have enough in the tank to do anything significant.

Other than that - the KK guy was in better fight condition that's about it.

Otherwise it went how I usually see it go with KK guys that try a format with punches to the head - head is a magnet for every punch.

Looked like the kyokushin guy had problems with distancing and also seemed to be eating straight rights throughout.

Second round was even worse for the KK dude - ate nearly every punch under the sun and then got dazed with a front kick to the head. Pretty much was getting ragdolled.

Third round - he did better but more because the shotokan guy ran out of juice. But did not have enough in the tank to do anything significant.

Other than that - the KK guy was in better fight condition that's about it.

Otherwise it went how I usually see it go with KK guys that try a format with punches to the head - head is a magnet for every punch.
Damn, that's disappointing.
KK guys need boxing cross-training like air and water.

EDIT: Just watched it.
Wasn't that bad by the KK guy but indeed it showed that he wasn't used to head punches. Impressed with his cardio tho. I hope this fight attracts more high level KK guys. Style vs style matchups are always fun.

Last edited:
Makes sense no other professional combat sport has that sort of restriction
no other sport is trying to market itself specifically as the premier and only professional promotion for a specific style either.

the shotokan/KK/MT guy took his lumps like a champ, but he couldn't land a solid shot to save his life.

Still not sure of the blackbelt requirement. When they were introducing the KK guy I thought they also said he was a blackbelt in Shotokan.

Found it: Timestamp from the Karate Combat video of the event is about 20:20 where they state he is also a blackbelt in Shotokan.

Link:

Also has anyone heard what the verdict was on Jerome Brown (main event)? He was really out of it and having issues.

i have not seen or heard anything about mr. brown's condition.

i have not seen or heard anything about mr. brown's condition.

Just found out on Karate Combat's twitter that Jerome Brown is doing ok. Looks like medical professionals declared he had rabdo due to the weight cut and match.

No more stupid effects? That was my main problem with it. Cut aways, camera shakes, dramatic sounds and music when there's a exchange lol.

Just film the damn thing like a boxing match instead of a fight scene in a movie

Back