• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Karate Combat

Is this the new spacetime account? You do understand point fighting and kickboxing began and/or became popular in Japan at about the same time right? That several styles of have been very involved in full contact right?

Maybe ask bill super foot Wallace why he did kickboxing and continued to be involved in traditional karate.

I don't know why that is important, has nothing to do with what im saying
Benny Urquidez said there was a separation at the time.. Kickboxers vs Karate guys or vs all the martial arts iirc

...no jujitsu instructor has ever called a gi a kimono...you're full of shit, and 99.9% chance that you're spacetime

lol I'm not spacetime
I forgot in America is called Gi, Kimono is in South America, is the name given by Brazilians that were the instructors of all Latin America i guess, probably is the Japanese word to or the translation
I think there is a brand of Gi in America called Kimono

Last edited:
I don't know why that is important, has nothing to do with what im saying
Benny Urquidez said there was a separation at the time.. Kickboxers vs Karate guys or vs all the martial arts iirc

lol I'm not spacetime
I forgot in America is called Gi, Kimono is in South America, is the name given by Brazilians that were the instructors of all Latin America i guess, probably is the Japanese word to or the translation
I think there is a brand of Gi in America called Kimono
If you're not spacetime then you're just retarded.
Literally nearly all kickboxers in the 50s and 60s were karateka....

If you're not spacetime then you're just retarded.
Literally nearly all kickboxers in the 50s and 60s were karateka....
lol Why u r so mad man?
Yeah former Karate guys, they wanted something better, what i say is not crazy. I thought you weren't a fanboy like Hotora

Karate should disappear, 99% of Kung Fu too

Last edited:
Get the f out of here, im nothing like him, you two don't have any good arguments
...all we have are facts...but you're totally right spacetime.
Makes no sense that traditional karateka who engage in full contact like Bill Wallace, the machidas, superboy, GSP, stick with the traditional stuff...

...all we have are facts...but you're totally right spacetime.
Makes no sense that traditional karateka who engage in full contact like Bill Wallace, the machidas, superboy, GSP, stick with the traditional stuff...
lol You are as dork as spacetime
What was your argument against my idea that Karate should dissapear? i don't remenber none
Urquidez said with Bill Wallace there that at the time was Kickboxers vs Karate guys

Im just saying Karate should forget that word and traditions and transform into real schools of fighting

lol You are as dork as spacetime
What was your argument against my idea that Karate should dissapear? i don't remenber none
Urquidez said with Bill Wallace there that at the time was Kickboxers vs Karate guys

Im just saying Karate should forget that word and traditions and transform into real schools of fighting
How about Kudo?

BTW wondering what martial art you practice.

I think they should just become MMA
Jeet Kune Do is my martial art
Well jeet kun do isn't a martial art it's a philosophy about martial arts...so there's that...
Why should karate and tradition disappear exactly?
It's one of the biggest martial arts styles in the world and continuously produces champions in KB, and MMA.

You're a troll who has shown they don't know what they're talking about. Have fun

KC is still going with their neo-Tokyo series, so not sure how that previous video was a finale.
Also I wonder what's up with the lack of Americans

Well jeet kun do isn't a martial art it's a philosophy about martial arts...so there's that...
Why should karate and tradition disappear exactly?
It's one of the biggest martial arts styles in the world and continuously produces champions in KB, and MMA.

You're a troll who has shown they don't know what they're talking about. Have fun
Is not wrong to called it a martial art at all

I already tell you why should dissapear, those who are serious about martial arts would understand
Who are those champions? just Machida, he got beat up by Rua, somebody in MMA wanted to learn the Machida style? i don't think that young Machida can have the same succes today. I wasn't thinking about Kyokushin btw, just about the classical Karate

lol You are the one who is acting trollish

Last edited:
Who are those champions? just Machida, he got beat up by Rua,
Well, MMA is a rule set and you maybe will argue that Machida had training only in karate? Machida does have even wiki page. If you are interested in Machida, please read this page.

I already tell you why should dissapear, those who are serious about martial arts would understand
That fights fighters not style and MMA is rule set.
Also show me not cross trained mma champ? 1 single art. Last period not early days of mma.

From your entertainment logic wrestling too should disappear because Masvidal koed Askern?

I had get your logic: a good fighter is only undefeated fighter.
By your logic for example Ottke should be better boxer than Ali.

Well, MMA is a rule set and you maybe will argue that Machida had training only in karate? Machida does have even wiki page. If you are interested in Machida, please read this page.

That fights fighters not style and MMA is rule set.
Also show me not cross trained mma champ? 1 single art. Last period not early days of mma.

From your entertainment logic wrestling too should disappear because Masvidal koed Askern?
You are using the straw man fallacy, this forum is full of fallacies

Let's discuss Karate Combat

You are using the straw man fallacy, this forum is full of fallacies
You are using trolling.
Let's discuss Karate Combat
As far as I know, Machida didn't had competed in Karate Combat.

I will tell what I will do.
I will put you on my ignore list as a troll and you are a troll because you even called a Gi as kimono.

Sorry, I'm not karate fanatic and do not have intent to sit here and discuss with you.
If ppl that never had trained karate but were seriously interested for few minutes about karate does know difference between a Gi and kimono but you do not know.:D
And still you think that you are some kind eliglible to instruct ppl here and judge them? <45>
You never in your life had any interest about karate OR are just trolling by calling a Gi as kimono.

Why I should discuss with you?
You are paying me money to read your posts and answer?
I better might discuss karate with a wrestler that does know that karate Gi is a Gi not a kimono than with you.

For what reason I should waste time with you and your posts?

Is not wrong to called it a martial art at all

Who are those champions? just Machida, he got beat up by Rua, somebody in MMA wanted to learn the Machida style? i don't think that young Machida can have the same succes today. I wasn't thinking about Kyokushin btw, just about the classical Karate

lol You are the one who is acting trollish
you told me why you don't like it, that's not the same as telling us why it should disappear.

UFC champions who are karateka...lets see here...GSP, machida, chuck Liddell, bad rutten, there are more, but I'm sure you can use Google spacetime.

I think they should just become MMA
Jeet Kune Do is my martial art
Jeet Kune Do should just become MMA then (by your own logic)

Back