• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Opinion Kaitlin Clark accused of having "white" and "pretty" privilege

Caitlin Clark is the best thing to happen to the WNBA. And they are hoping she succeeds in that league. Because she ending up making their salaries go up and getting more sponsorships. Also they are finally flying chartered flights.

So give her a break she's just helping the whole league in the end. And they should thank her for it.

I never watched college basketball really, even the men's. But there is certainly an appeal to her and the way she plays anda records she broke.

And it's not about her looks, she's far from being smoking hot. It's how she plays the game and she has that mystic.

Now I watch the WNBA, specifically because of her. Almost like Tiger Woods effect on me, where I couldn't care less about Golf. But just to watch Tiger.

Not saying she's going to be the next Tiger Woods of the WNBA. But she does have that aura to some degree like Tiger.
*mystique :)

Sunny Hostin is just another racist who thinks her insecurities should be everyone else's problem. The criticism of Clark's success has been extremely cringey and embarrassing to watch play out.

So, I watched some of the video, and I have some thoughts. On a show like that the panel are expected to say things that are argumentative--whether they're sincere or not. That's the point of the show. Someone has to take a disagreeable position in order for someone else to disagree with it.

Funny how the OP never mentions (at about 2:10 in the video) how another panelist, Whoopi Goldberg, attacked those comments with her own, far more sensible ones. Nah... that doesn't support the narrative TS was trying to create.

LOL @ this fucking place; half the membership can't say a fucking thing without being disingenuous about it.

And no, she's not attractive, and being practically transparent doesn't do her popularity any favors either, I'm sure.
Here we have another one of your shithead opinions that is too cowardly to tackle what the actual racist POS said, and instead deflects to "But someone disagreed with her!" Try stepping outside of how you were brought up and show a little spine. Tell us what you think of what Hostin said. You won't melt. C'mon, let's see some consistency out of you for the first time since you joined here.

Sunny Hostin is just another racist who thinks her insecurities should be everyone else's problem. The criticism of Clark's success has been extremely cringey and embarrassing to watch play out.

Here we have another one of your shithead opinions that is too cowardly to tackle what the actual racist POS said, and instead deflects to "But someone disagreed with her!" Try stepping outside of how you were brought up and show a little spine. Tell us what you think of what Hostin said. You won't melt. C'mon, let's see some consistency out of you for the first time since you joined here.
See my other post immediately before this one and then get bent, numb nuts.

well shes not pretty. Cameron brink and angel reese are other prominent rookies who look far better. Although pretty privilege certainly does exist for womens sports, no denying that. I guess based on the WNBA"s standards, clark might pass as "pretty". Doesnt hurt that she doesnt look and act like a dude for expanding the audience and marketing appeal.

Also shes really skilled. I mean she plays an exciting style and is like a womens version of steph curry. People get excited by the long ball. Layups and fundamentals not so much.

theres other factors as well, the fact that she played at Iowa and not one of the traditional womens powerhouse colleges and made it deep in the tourney twice in back to back years and played against elite powerhouse programs in LSU and South Carolina. The nation was pulling for the little girl bombing threes from the smaller underdog school vs the jugernauts. Its not an abnormal reason to root for an athlete. Does being white possibly impact why some fans might pull for her? Sure. But that is ignoring so many other elements.

The womens game is at an all time high right now and Im curious to see if it is sustainable at both the college and WNBA level. In the end, they all win regardless of who or why people start tuning in.

American media is all about the race and telling blacks they are the best athletes and most popular so somebody comes to show they are not the best or popular there goes insecurity and jelaousy and you have this.barca women team and lyon played final today and no talk about race sexuality popularity and so on. American media needs clicks and they are banking on black racist and white counters that will keep this story going on for rest of a season more klix more eyebals does not mean more money for player but for media and owners

Minorities have the most privilege in the West for like the last decade at least

Everybody has privilege to some degree
Tired of this goofy racial shit
That’s why I can’t vote for these political parties anymore

Need to start flipping this shit back on progressives, they actual racists

I don’t know about most of your questions.

But I would like to discuss appeal.

Of course she’s not a stunning beauty. But to guys who are into that league, she becomes the ultimate woman.

There are so many WMMA fighters that were average looking or less, but guys on Sherdog acted like they were raving beauties.
Sorry fellas, but prime dolled up versions of Gina Carano, Meisha Tate, Michelle Waterson, and other female fighters wouldn’t even get a 2nd glance on a trendy street in NY or LA. Those girls are only hot to MMA fans.
Prime Gina sets that trendy street on fire with her sexy ass, how dare you sir.

“sour looking farm girl makes good draining three’s”

Women can't bear it when other women are more popular and attractive than them so they try to tear them apart. They will never admit that that's what they are doing so they have to come up with some bullshit reasons to justify their jealousy.

This is nothing new.

So we’re just making threads to share clips of the View now? How alpha.

Back