• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kaepernick sues NFL for keeping him out of other teams due to protest

If he can prove collusion, they'll settle imo. But it isn't that hard to show good football reasons not to hire the guy: he isn't that good; he's already reached his ceiling; he's locker room poison; he doesn't add enough value to offset the potential anger of fans, etc.

definite locker room poison. isn't his current gf aldon smith's ex? way to divide up a locker room Kap.

This is how it starts.

They gon dry up the last bit of his funds, and then his woman gon start fucking with him. ..next thing you know...

Colin Kapernick was arrested today after police were called to his residence....
We call this "The Script"

Some people see life through the lens of their own perceived victimhood.

Pffftt....ROFL!!!

Dude opts out of his contract, and is expecting to argue that the NFL colluded to keep him out. LOL, he fucking quit. I hope he spends every last dime he has on this shit, all for judges to laugh it out of court.

The league almost always conspires against 1-10 quarterbacks.

If you want to play in the NFL:
Stand for the National Anthem.
Don't wear communist t shirts. Antifa don't watch football games.
Don't wear clothing that says cops are pigs
Don't let your girlfriend tweet that a particular owner is a slavemaster and ray lewis is his slave.
And don't go to Africa on July 4th because of the "oppression" that you experience here. You are not oppressed here unless you do or say stupid things.

The NFL best days are behind it.
You dont say.....
giphy.gif

If you want to play in the NFL:
Stand for the National Anthem.
Don't wear communist t shirts. Antifa and don't watch football games.
Don't wear clothing that says cops are pigs
Don't let your girlfriend tweet that a particular owner is a slavemaster and ray lewis is his slave.
And don't go to Africa on July 4th because of the "oppression" that you experience here. You are not oppressed here unless you do or say stupid things.

He can do literally all of those things and still play football. NFL Owners will let their players do absolutely anything under the sun, as long as they produce on the field.

Which teams offered him contracts? I never heard of that.

It wasn't stated which but the Ravens, the Dolphins and the Seahawks reached out. He allegedly didn't want to play for the league minimum after he opted out of his own contract in San Fran IIRC. They story was later said as false, but I doubt it was false. I think he just didn't want it getting out. Especially since they never named the source.

Last edited:
This man has enriched so many lives by devoting his own life to social progress

i don't get how he has a case. didn't the 49ers offer him a contract and he declined? either way he's not a starting QB and he's an even worse backup QB. He needs to have an offense tailored to him. Is it collusion if its because he sucks and isn't worth the baggage?

I am just a small town lawyer, your honor, but Kapernick just ain't good.
Case Closed.

It was stated which but the Ravens, the Dolphins and the Seahawks reached out. He allegedly didn't want to play for the league minimum after he opted out of his own contract in San Fran IIRC. They story was later said as false, but I doubt it was false. I think he just didn't want it getting out. Especially since they never named the source.
You forgot he showed up to the Miami Dolphins interview wearing a fucking Castro shirt.
As someone who has spent some time in Miami, the Castro shirt was dumb. A normal dude wears that T-Shirt in Little Havana get his ass beat.

Honestly if you want a job in Miami, you would have a better chance of getting the job wearing a Klan hood than a pro Castro T-Shirt.

If he can prove collusion, they'll settle imo. But it isn't that hard to show good football reasons not to hire the guy: he isn't that good; he's already reached his ceiling; he's locker room poison; he doesn't add enough value to offset the potential anger of fans, etc.

The USFL proved collusion - they got $3.

Thank god. Now no one will hire him again. I was worried the Packers were gonna get him now that Rodgers is injured

Me too man, I was scared.

But in all honesty, how the fuck does he get off suing them when he opted out of a contract with a year and 12m remaining?

If he wanted to guarantee that he'd be playing this year all he had to do was opt in to his contract. He could have done headstands during the Anthem and no one could have done shit to him. Not to mention he might have been able to beat out Hoyer (who got benched today) for the starting job.

The other glaring issue here is that not all 32 teams needed a QB.

Eliminate the teams with entrenched starters & franchise QB's.

Eliminate the teams who drafted rookie QB's that they are pinning their future on.

Eliminate the teams who don't want a 1 read, running QB in their system.

Eliminate the teams who aren't willing or able to pay near the 12m Colin opted out of. (The NFL has a hard cap)

Eliminate San Fran because he said no to them, eliminate Miami and Baltimore because he's an idiot.

How many teams are left?

Everyone knows that he wasn't signed because he is black. He has a solid case there.

He can do literally all of those things and still play football. NFL Owners will let their players do absolutely anything under the sun, as long as they produce on the field.
bullshit. The NFL will keep trash quarterbacks for YEARS. Im a ravens fan and Flacco hasnt done jack shit since his super bowl victory. Dude signed a huge contract, got paid mad money (that fucked the teams options) and basically just sat on his ass being the definition of mediore to this very day.

But yeah, Kap is the REAL turd in the punch bowl. Guys like Mccown, Savage, and Hoyer still got jobs and i dare say you could randomly pick a High School varisty QB to replace them and do no worse and probably do a bit better

It's funny because the same people that will say companies shouldn't be able to fire their players for kneeling at the anthem are the same people that cheered when Google fired Damore for giving feedback on the company's private intranet. I can't be bothered digging the names out, but you know there's a bunch. You can't hold those two positions and be logically consistent, cookie cutter partisan bullshit.

Hopefully it wasn't a verbal offer and they have something in writing they offered for him to sign. If he takes them to court and loses, can the NFL make him cover the cost of their lawyers?

Back