• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Justin Gaethje not interested in Conor: "I'm not fighting someone on steroids"

If Justin was sent a McGregor fight contract; would be sign to fight?

• Total voters
What the hell is your poll even asking? If Justin would sign to fight McGregor? Literally anyone in the UFC would sign in an instant to fight Mac.

The money is too great. Plus, at this point, Gaethje would probably consider it to be an easy fight.

It doesn't matter what Conor or Gaethje wants... What matters is what will make WME and Dana the most amount of money at the moment...
200w.gif

Not sure that Conor is a draw anymore :rolleyes:

He'll change his mind once someone on his management team dumbs down the math so he can understand how much money is at stake fighting mcgregor vs fighting makhachev or oliveira.

FxVNEgfaYAAcGIp
Yeah but Justin will always have an opportunity to fight Conor. Thst fight isn’t going anywhere any time soon. So if your Justin why not fight for the real belt when you finally have earned that opportunity? I mean in reality he should absolutely destroy Conor if they ever fight at this point. But this is mma and anything can happen and if for some small chance Conor were to win that fight it would take Justin opportunity away to fight for the belt. Again the mcgregor fight will always be there for Justin whether it is in 6 months or 2 to 3 years.

These fighters are entertaining the Conrat talk too much.
Why don’t they just say the following?
‘Conor is retired. I don’t consider him to be a fighter.
i will consider him a fighter if he has signed a contract to fight. Then we can talk.
Why are you bringing up retired fighters?’

Justin fought this guy but is now suddenly on his high horse about fighting someone on steroids? Please... If he said Conor doesn't deserve it you could understand but this roid excuse is silly and ya'll know it. Justin's too timid to go under the intense spotlight of a Conor fight, that's okay not everyone can handle it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh he definitely wants it but he's trying to have some honor about it at the same time. He's talked too much shit/truth about Conor to all of a sudden go on a campaign like Chandler or Oliveira but he's not shutting the door. The only guy who flat out turned Conor down was Khabib. Apart from him they all want it.

It’s natural to want the financial benefit it would give him. But yeah knowig you’re going against a guy being allowed a stacked Deck isn’t the most ideal thing to want to

Last edited:
My first instinct is that he would say yes, but only if a title shot wasn't also available for his next fight. Justin seems like the type that would value another shot at the belt more than anything.

he would absolutely accept that fight even if Conor was given the green light by USADA to pulse all the way to fight night.

Conor fucked up skipping that fight. A few years ago he probably would have TKOd Justin. Now Justin absolutely demolishes and emasculates him. Conor should really just retire for good after having one more gimmie fight marketed as his last fight.

I miss lean Karate Conor. bulky Boxing Conor has nothing for most the LW top 10 of today.

Yeah but Justin will always have an opportunity to fight Conor. Thst fight isn’t going anywhere any time soon. So if your Justin why not fight for the real belt when you finally have earned that opportunity? I mean in reality he should absolutely destroy Conor if they ever fight at this point. But this is mma and anything can happen and if for some small chance Conor were to win that fight it would take Justin opportunity away to fight for the belt. Again the mcgregor fight will always be there for Justin whether it is in 6 months or 2 to 3 years.

I see your point. I just think at Gaethje's point in his career, every fight should be for the most money he's ever made in a fight. If it happens to be for the belt, fine. But there is no bigger fight, PPV-wise, than Mcgregor right now, and if I was him I wouldn't risk getting a bad injury that takes me out of competition for a long time, or worse.

I see your point. I just think at Gaethje's point in his career, every fight should be for the most money he's ever made in a fight. If it happens to be for the belt, fine. But there is no bigger fight, PPV-wise, than Mcgregor right now, and if I was him I wouldn't risk getting a bad injury that takes me out of competition for a long time, or worse.
Maybe, but what if his dreams and pro aspirations have always been to win the LW belt? Maybe that is the ultimate goal for him and he now has the opportunity to win it. As many mma media have said this week Gaerhje is an all time action mma fighter. He has a huge name in mma and the casuals know who he is. The Conor fight isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Justin fought this guy but is now suddenly on his high horse about fighting someone on steroids? Please... If he said Conor doesn't deserve it you could understand but this roid excuse is silly and ya'll know it. Justin's too timid to go under the intense spotlight of a Conor fight, that's okay not everyone can handle it.

You should get dubs for accusing Chandler of using steroids.

Mike has been getting tested in and out of competition for several years now under USADA.

Conor refuses to enter the USADA pool and intimated he left it via 'retirement' so that he could pursue treatments that included banned substances.

Blaming Chandler for testing clean is absolutely moronic. Of course JG and anyone else with standards should refuse to fight Conor until he's back in the testing pool for 6 months.

Conor doesn’t deserve to fight Justin right now. It’s really ball in Justin court of who he wants to fight next.

Calling all Sherdog psychologists...

Does Justin want to fight Conor? He talks about being turned down 6 times... talks about how he's all about big fights, exciting fights, and the Conor fight would be exciting... talks about how Conor is cheating and how he doesn't want to fight cheater... then says he shouldn't say that IF he wants the fight.

Sounds like to me Justin wants it... but is scared of being turned down a 7th time.

FYI bad youtube title by MMA fighting, Justin never refused Conor fight.

Gaethje: I think he's turned me down 6 times, and usually you have to lose to fight him.

How do you feel about McGregor chasing you now?

Gaethje: I don't know... I don't know... (sigh) I don't really care.

Why do you feel that way?

Gaethje: Cause I don't care.... you know I like to fight big fights. I like exciting things.. so it sounds pretty exciting to me. Ummm.. I'm not gonna fight someone on steroids. I don't wanna fight someone that is cheating. I probably shouldn't even say that if I want the fight, but it's the truth.

The whole "he turned me down six times" isn't "I want to fight him so bad, and I'm feeling jilted," the context (and context matters), is that Conor's post said something to the effect of "if you want it, ask for it" - so he was pointing out that, no, it's not just a matter of being able to find Conor, and that Conor wanted nothing to do with Justin when Conor was more relevant.

He said he just doesn't care about Conor any more, because he's not relevant, said Conor is on steroids, so there's no point to taking the challenge seriously, and that it does nothing for his career.

He said, quite explicitly, about a dozen ways that he's not interested in Conor and doesn't take him seriously as a fighter.

He was clearly struggling with the Conor questions because he hasn't given them any thought, BECAUSE HE JUST DOESN'T CARE, as he said, what, three, four, five times? Why are you befuddled by what he means by that?

"and I probably shouldn't even say that if I want the fight".... but he just did, which means, what? He doesn't want the fight, because he doesn't care.

So what's with your need to try and psychoanalyze how he REALLY feels?

The idea that Justin beats Conor regardless is a poor argument for not caring about PED use.

This is a fight, not a video game...you don't just gift your opponent advantages. Justin saying 'I don't care, I'll fight him' would essentially green light the UFC to arrange the USADA exemption.

The debate is pointless anyway...as if Conor really wants that fight :rolleyes:

The whole "he turned me down six times" isn't "I want to fight him so bad, and I'm feeling jilted," the context (and context matters), is that Conor's post said something to the effect of "if you want it, ask for it" - so he was pointing out that, no, it's not just a matter of being able to find Conor, and that Conor wanted nothing to do with Justin when Conor was more relevant.

He said he just doesn't care about Conor any more, because he's not relevant, said Conor is on steroids, so there's no point to taking the challenge seriously, and that it does nothing for his career.

He said, quite explicitly, about a dozen ways that he's not interested in Conor and doesn't take him seriously as a fighter.

He was clearly struggling with the Conor questions because he hasn't given them any thought, BECAUSE HE JUST DOESN'T CARE, as he said, what, three, four, five times? Why are you befuddled by what he means by that?

"and I probably shouldn't even say that if I want the fight".... but he just did, which means, what? He doesn't want the fight, because he doesn't care.

So what's with your need to try and psychoanalyze how he REALLY feels?

Yeah he said those things, he also said it would be a big and exciting fight and he’s all about big and exciting fight. He’s clearly sending mixed signals.

Back