Just saw The Prestige for the first time...Spoilers

Great movie. I don't remember if I figured it out or not, I don't think so.

I pulled this wiki page up.. quick glance.. GSP is not impressed. Name them and make a better case, brosef.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla_in_popular_culture#Appearances_3.

I can see your point in the games department though. I know the games, but never really played any of them, so doesn't bother me.

I was going to link to that Wiki article to point out how many there are.

One way or another, the point is that I was into Tesla before he was cool, and now he's not cool anymore because too many people think he's cool.

As of today, I'm starting the official anti-Tesla backlash.

I was going to link to that Wiki article to point out how many there are.

One way or another, the point is that I was into Tesla before he was cool, and now he's not cool anymore because too many people think he's cool.

As of today, I'm starting the official anti-Tesla backlash.

Have you seen how many of those are Eastern European though? Eastern Europe doesn't qualify for much, especially not what pop media is concerned. :icon_lol:

All I am concerned with is what I like, which automatically makes it cool. Fuck the rest of the world.

I figured out that Darth Vader was Luke's father just from seeing the trailer for Star Wars.

I figured out Tyler Durden was the narrator from smelling the books dust jacket.

Wait, what are you even getting at here? You say something wildly inaccurate, soooooooo, what?

I mean, you're wrong since it was not perfectly executed in the first place. Point in case: the third act. Not to mention the characters had less depth and emotion than a puddle.

The Prestige in a nutshell: Hugh Jackman trolling Christian Bale trolling Hugh Jackman. And never once is it engaging, nor is Nolan's attempt at a sleight of hand maneuver executed with a deft hand. It's a muddled slog after the first hour. Nolan only knows how to work in exposition. That is not perfect execution, sorry.

The Prestige is a FANTASTIC movie, and probably Nolan's best. I agree with TGF, it's perfectly executed or nearly so.

I'm also not sure what exactly you mean by "Nolan only knows how to work in exposition."

Come to think of it, weren't you also talking shit about Scarface and Fight Club a while back? The fuck is your taste, bro?

I liked The Prestige a lot. I figured when Bale's character made a big deal out of the old Chinese man "sticking to his act", that it would come back around at some point of the movie.

I am not one to try to figure out a movie. I see it as a work of art and am trying to observe and appreciate it. I don't even bother trying to figure out a movie really until it is over.

I'm the same way. I don't go looking for the twist and I rarely naturally see it coming. It's always annoys me when I'm watching a movie with someone and they've figured it all out halfway through and they want to talk to me about it. I'm like, "Can you not just watch the movie?"

The Prestige is a FANTASTIC movie, and probably Nolan's best. I agree with TGF, it's perfectly executed or nearly so.

I'm also not sure what exactly you mean by "Nolan only knows how to work in exposition."

Come to think of it, weren't you also talking shit about Scarface and Fight Club a while back? The fuck is your taste, bro?

His taste lies in the disapproval of everything. Is there any movie that's know for it's cynicism? Probably this one.

[YT]7VeTEP3xoXo[/YT]

I'm not sure I've seen him say anything good about a movie that isn't at least 40 years old.

I don't think I've seen him say anything positive, but it's not like I'm keeping track of his posts. Just whenever I do read them, it's not all sunshine and smiles, that's for sure.

He's the guy other people keep referring to as Fallon.

Whether you figured out he was Fallon in the first place, the real magic is going back and watching how Bale plays both Alfred and Freddy, and they are quite different. It's the same with Hugh Jackman as Root, who is utterly different from either Angier or Cadlow. Even though I knew Root was Jackman, he plays Root with such aplomb compared to the discipline of Angier and detachment of Cadlow that it feels like a wholly different actor.

I love how betrayal and deceit works its way into the heart; how truth must also be employed to more effectively lie, and the course of such action is an irrevocably transformative process.

There are few films that so effectively capture the tone and form of its theme. Nolan tries with every one of his films, but I think THE PRESTIGE is his most successful.

Do you not pay attention to his dialogue in any of his movies? Clearly you don't.

I'm not sure I've seen him say anything good about a movie that isn't at least 40 years old.

tumblr_mmdgejzF2l1rearvyo2_500.gif

@tgf, I know--I was just being a smartass.

I always thought the audience was expected to guess something wasn't right with Fallon, who definitely looked like an actor in a disguise. I thought concealing the real twist (The truth behind Tesla's invention) was deftly handled that way.

Back