Just saw The Prestige for the first time...Spoilers

RightKnee

Blue Belt
Reaction score
People actually didnt realize that Fowler was Christian Bale in bad makeup the entire time? Figured it out in the first 5minutes.

I haven't seen it. True story. Thanks.

Henry, I will fight you.

Fisticuffs.gif

People actually didnt realize that Fowler was Christian Bale in bad makeup the entire time? Figured it out in the first 5minutes.

Really, so are you saying they never appeared on screen at the same time? If so, do you think they did special effects to get CB in two places at one time or do you think someone else played him in those scenes.

Also, the characters saw both CB and Folwer at the same time.
Therefore we are to think they are 2 separate people, which they are.

PS- no one is believing the BS of your OP.

THE PRESTIGE is a perfect film. I wouldn't say it's necessary my favorite of Nolan's, but I doubt he could execute any better than that one.

jlb.gif

Really, so are you saying they never appeared on screen at the same time? If so, do you think they did special effects to get CB in two places at one time or do you think someone else played him in those scenes.

Also, the characters saw both CB and Folwer at the same time.
Therefore we are to think they are 2 separate people, which they are.

PS- no one is believing the BS of your OP.

They were twins.

did you also know that Nikola Tesla made a double and he became the Goblin King?

I figured out that Darth Vader was Luke's father just from seeing the trailer for Star Wars.

I figured out PLANET OF THE APES from the boxcover alone.

512998ZRQ3L.jpg

You're just super wrong, but I accept you for you.
Annoyingly Bad (forfeit) vs Perfectly Executed

To be sure: in this scenario you are Annoyingly Bad.

Annoyingly Bad (forfeit) vs Perfectly Executed

To be sure: in this scenario you are Annoyingly Bad.

Wait, what are you even getting at here? You say something wildly inaccurate, soooooooo, what?

I mean, you're wrong since it was not perfectly executed in the first place. Point in case: the third act. Not to mention the characters had less depth and emotion than a puddle.

The Prestige in a nutshell: Hugh Jackman trolling Christian Bale trolling Hugh Jackman. And never once is it engaging, nor is Nolan's attempt at a sleight of hand maneuver executed with a deft hand. It's a muddled slog after the first hour. Nolan only knows how to work in exposition. That is not perfect execution, sorry.

They were probably gonna make a sequel, but Prestige II (Twoo Prestigious) would have to involve twins just because of the expectation of the title and that would be a giveaway for both itself and the first movie

Back