• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just rewatched GSP vs Bisping

Lol what are you talking about? A circling pillow puncher vs a gassed bloated WW.

One QUIT the sport the other went on to get easily KNOCKED OUT by another bloated WW...
giphy.gif

The GSP/Bisping fight was nothing but a marketing sham aimed at casuals for quick a buck.
It's almost as though Bisping were just finished in brutal fashion a month earlier, and shouldn't have taken such a high risk fight so early.

The GSP/Bisping fight was nothing but a marketing sham aimed at casuals for quick a buck.

Yup. The thing is, I don't blame either GSP or Bisping one bit. If I was offered a few million dollars at my job for an easy day's work I would jump at it. I suspect most people would (the exceptions being guys like Bill Gates, for whom a million dollars a day would involve a pay cut).

I blame the UFC for putting on that charade, not the fighters who were smart enough to go along with it. Seriously, if the UFC had offered it to you, would you have turned it down?

It was a great fight and great win for GSP and his legacy. No one should doubt that.

In context it is not however, a win or fight between two MW greats. It is a win for GSP over one of the more consistent top 10 MW's of all time who happened to be peeking when GSP got him. Bisping was on the best run of a very solid MW career, with his biggest wins over his biggest name opponents, culminating in winning the championship in a division where no one was going to hold that belt long. One top guy beats another who beats another. And Bisping was in that mix where on the right run with the right matchups he was gonna grab that belt. Same for any of those top guys.

In context GSP's win over Bisping is, in every way measurable was a much bigger and better win than Anderson's win over Forrest, and Anderson got a ton of credit for that, so GSP should obviously get way more.

GSP not fighting Weidman, Souza, Rockhold or Mousasi first to earn that title shot is embarrassing.

Nothing but respect for GSP but if Bisping never had that belt, George would never have moved up.

One of the best boxing combos ever in MMA also one of the best RNCs ever. Almost knocked Bisping out with a superman jab. Doing all of this after coming back from a 4 year layoff
The GOAT
Only the blind or the casuals dont want to see the obvious

Recently Rewatched it as well and it wasn't as competitive as I remember watching it live. Outside of maybe a half dozen ok strikes and some off his back elbows bisping had nothing for gsp. Gsp got every takedown and was dominating the stand-up.
I know. The need to revise GSP's history is strong in some trolls. So what if an elbow from the bottom cut him? The effectiveness of Bisping's ground work was highly overrated.

what did anderson ever do to you? gotta mention him every time. anderson was 40. your boy hasn't fought a real fight since Hendricks bullied him at 32 years old.

Ask yourself the same question but with GSP instead.

Makes me laugh how defensive you nuhuggers get about him but do the same to GSP etc.

GSP was 36, had 2 ACL injuries and coming up in weight. Was inactive for 4 years and still did what Anderoid couldn’t yet you shit on GSP’s win

Lol what are you talking about? A circling pillow puncher vs a gassed bloated WW.

One QUIT the sport the other went on to get easily KNOCKED OUT by another bloated WW...
giphy.gif

<JonesLaugh>

I take it you missed church this morning and just decided to get drunk instead eh?

How does it feel to get so triggered by a cpl of fighters? You people are weak.

It was good to see St. Pierre throw hands. I'll admit I wasn't expecting that type of assault. It was beautiful to see nonetheless.

The butt hurt from the Sherbros was high with that card. Sherbros were wanting to boycott the card, only to find out that Garbrandt and Dillishaw was the co main.

Awesome. Amazing finish. The prodigal son returned.

42 year old Anderson KOd a much younger Bisping and got screwed out the decision by hometown London judges.

That's true.

42 year old Silva gave Bisping a new face and was robbed by the filthy London judges.

Which is more than any Silva fight these days. He also used steroids to try and fight the same bloated WW.

Agree?
Damn China, I understand when you defended Chris Weidman by all means more than himself, I always thought you liked Weidman, but now I see it's not that you like Weidman or you don't like Silva, you just hate the :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Come on, man, ease up a little, would you? What are you expecting from a 44y/o fighter?

giphy.gif

<JonesLaugh>

You used to be a good poster. Now you are a shit fest.

ACL injuries are no big deal.

LOL at people making a big fuss about it as if GSP had to overcome some great adversity. Still a young man ducking the sport.

I’ve never been a defender of Anderson, I think he should’ve retired LONG ago.

I think he has TONS more heart than GSP, but it’s irrelevant because I don’t think either guy TOUCHES Fedors legacy. (Another guy who should’ve retired long ago).

And LOL @Bisping “handedly” defeating Anderson... even you don’t believe that.

Bisping “UK specials” are nothing new... ask Hamill, Hendo 2, Leites, etc.

<36>

Oh, look, you triggered GSP fanboys and now you are a "shitposter".

Back