• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is anyone picking Ortega over Lopez?

Lopez is huge, explosive and agressive. it looks like he is developing and gainig confidence while doing so.he has finishg skills as well but Lopez is not as experienced or taken into very deep waters (as far as i know). So a crafty vet like Ortega could probaly surprise us and get the win, but i reckon it is highly unlikely. i think lopez will steam roll him on the feet and if ortega tries to take him down.....he will fail at his attempts or put himself in danger

I am, Lopez might go hard since minute one, usually happen with these young guys with a lot of first round finishers, Ortega is not easy to get out of there so he might blow his load early and then Ortega takes over.
That’s kind of what Yair did. That being said, Lopez is likely a better grappler than Yair. Which is where Ortega won the fight.

Ortega wins, no doubt in my mind really.

Just a prototypical 'too much, too soon' fight against a divisional elite.

Lopes will be winning the entire fight until he gets caught in a sub late in the 3rd. Ortega turning back the clock on late fight comeback finishes

I am, Lopez might go hard since minute one, usually happen with these young guys with a lot of first round finishers, Ortega is not easy to get out of there so he might blow his load early and then Ortega takes over.
Yea pretty much unless Diego pace himself but then yet again.. not sure if Brian can survive Diegos shots as he hits super hard

Didn't expect him to take out Yusuff that quickly or even to stop him by strikes

So many experts yet everyone is spelling Lopes' name wrong. His three quick UFC wins do not warrant him being favored over Ortega.

Should be a good competitive fight, but I’m gonna go with Lopez because he’s got that IDGAF haircut.

I never said there wasn't.

The claim was that he's untested at the top of the division, which is untrue because he has a close loss to the current number 2 ranked FW. and no, Evloev was not up and coming. Mosvar has only one win since fighting lopes. he didn't go from "up and coming" to "the next title challenger" in one fight.
Evloev was ranked 10th when they fought, or 11th, depending on where you pull rankings from. Evloev is very talented but I don't consider anyone outside of the top 3, top 5 at most, to be at the top of the division.

Ortega should be the favorite here. Better strength of schedule, really hard to finish, and can legit tap anyone. Having said that I’ll be rooting for lopes

Lopes is young, hungry, aggressive, improving.

Yeah the chances are he'll Thappen Ortega, but anyone who thinks this is a gimme is nuts.

Ortega is a MASSIVE step up compared to anyone Lopez has fought, in every way.
I am not sure that I agree with the word massive here. Lopez gave Movsar Evloev a run for his money and is a specimen, while Ortega is not. Lopez is also very good on the ground. It's a very good matchup.

I am not sure that I agree with the word massive here. Lopez gave Movsar Evloev a run for his money and is a specimen, while Ortega is not. Lopez is also very good on the ground. It's a very good matchup.
Agree, great matchup. I have it around 50-50, Lopez is good on the ground but T-city is a different beast on the ground and he snatches submissions really quickly. Lopez has the physical advantage but I think Ortega weathers the early storm and starts taking over in round two and wins via submission in round 3.

Are they ? How long did Ortega hold the belt?

Ortega is more comparable to Yoel
How long did whittaker "hold a belt" lmao, Whittaker won an interim belt, held it for 500 days, won a robbery against yoel, then got ko'd in his next fight.

Never even actually held a belt. Just as much as a champion as colby covington ever was.

Oh look whats new? Everyone counting out Ortega before the fight then everyone acting surprised by the big dog in Ortega

rinse repeat

Lopes is much more proven than Ikram, Ortega isn't nearly as elite as Rob, & Sodiq was a legit top-15 FW whereas Warley isn't even a top 50 MW.

Other than that you've made a PERFECT comparison 😅
dude almost beat prime volk n now hes suddenly not elite enuff

this place

Back