Just re-watched Weidman vs. Silva 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 265015
  • Start date
this might be the most satisfying KO ever.

a wrestler throws an extremely unorthodox punch to a douchy striker to make him completely off balance and then procedes to take his soul.

brings me tears

ah there are now fireworks in this thread.

I see that, but then if you really are that good then just finish the guy at some point.
Not even much of purist but it was bad for his legacy and for martial arts, which is why Chris' wierd right swing/left hook was so satisfying.

Not how it works.. Just because he was a great fighter doesn't mean that he needs to lead the charge and try to KO Maia. He was winning the fight why would he have to put himself in danger? It was Maia's job to put it all on the line, he was the one that wanted to challenge the champ. Maia should have went for broke imo.

Ki9zObRfQlVja.gif

TS, I have to tell you something about the future!!! In September of 2015, you're going to make a terrible thread about the Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman fight...don't do it!!!

This thread has become a happy place.

The last time Anderson got even close to that amount of taunting was the Maia fight. A fight that was considered a huge blemish in his streak during his reign.

Say what ever you want. Anderson taunts / plays mind games in just about all his fights. It's a fact. All you have to do is watch them to see it. It just happens that he got caught in the Weidman fight. If he didn't get caught and went on to win .... everyone would be saying how great he was / is. Instead we have people claiming he lost because of being "cocky" ect. No that is not why he lost .. he lost because he got caught while fighting with the same style that he uses in just about everyone of his fights.

i've never understood this, i know people thought they were boring/disrespectful or whatever but if you can fuck around that much in a fight and still comfortably win while making your opponent look dumb i think it adds to how good you are/were.

plus i thought the maia fight was so ridiculous that it was entertaining.

Leites fight was shit because leites kept flopping to his back like a clown.

Dno wtf was going on in the Maia fight though... Strange one lmao

Say what ever you want. Anderson taunts / plays mind games in just about all his fights. It's a fact. All you have to do is watch them to see it. It just happens that he got caught in the Weidman fight. If he didn't get caught and went on to win .... everyone would be saying how great he was / is. Instead we have people claiming he lost because of being "cocky" ect. No that is not why he lost .. he lost because he got caught while fighting with the same style that he uses in just about everyone of his fights.

He never stood in the pocket, faked being on wobbly legs, and then tried to dodge strikes without attempting to counter.

I can't remember if I laughed harder after that KO or when the Chris broke his leg.

I definitely laughed harder when Weidman snapped his leg like a twig. Especially when Rogan was saying this might be the last time we see Silva fight in the octagon. The first fight i was too pumped and happy to laugh.

I definitely laughed harder when Weidman snapped his leg like a twig. Especially when Rogan was saying this might be the last time we see Silva fight in the octagon. The first fight i was too pumped and happy to laugh.

I laughed as well. It just goes to show you that MMA fans are strange and horrible people. lol.:D

Nobody ever pushed him to be that desperate.
So now it's desperation?

Those 7 years of dominance must've really hurt you, kid.

I love me some Anderson nutz, but Spidey got rocked that 1st round. He was desperate in R2 to keep it standing at any price. CW didn't fall for his bullshit and ktfo'd him.

Nothing flukey about it. The longer it went on, the more of an ass whooping he was in for.

Despite that dose of reality, he's still my GOAT.

Well yeah. Weidman hit him flush, weidman hit him hard. Everyone else tried and failed.

This isn't an amazing discovery. Silva could've been dropped before but weidman did it.

Jesus Christ, there wasn't anything funny about that. The fucker stopped fucking around and came to fight. He put childish shit aside to get that belt.

Then an injury happens to him that hardly happens and jeopardizes his career. That's fucking entertaining to you?

I like fights. I like back n forth battles whether it be a striking clinic or a masterful ground scramble or best, both. A ko, a sub, or a close bloody battle to a decision is what i want when watching fights.

I suppose you cheer when doctors stop fights for cuts or swollen eyes. I believe you and the other weirdo are some sad bastards.

He never stood in the pocket, faked being on wobbly legs, and then tried to dodge strikes without attempting to counter.

Agreed. He fucked around more so in this than any other. Makes the ko that much more deserved.

Back