Just re-watched Weidman vs. Silva 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 265015
  • Start date
I must have watched the fight 10 times or more myself. Never gets old.

Its one for the books of must see fights its also an end of an era.

Kinda sad as a Spider fan actually.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7252-1397207870-22.gif

Matthew M looking an awful lot like Robert Duval there .

The way that head bounces off the the mat after the GNP started is so fucking brutal, LOL still loling over this Ko as a Anderson fan.

After it happen I shook my head and said o andy you silly bastard.

What makes it worse is Chris looks so goofy chasing him - he has the flailing punching form of a drunken overgrown 6 year old - and yet he still caught him.

I agree he was like a fool to clown that hard.

That is how Anderson is in most his fights. He fought that way in the Forrest / Bonnar fights and others ... Threads and post pop up saying things like .. Anderson is Goat ect after each of those fights..... Anderson does what Anderson does and gets caught... what a fool threads/post emerge. He got caught ... that is all.

That is how Anderson is in most his fights. He fought that way in the Forrest / Bonnar fights and others ... Threads and post pop up saying things like .. Anderson is Goat ect after each of those fights..... Anderson does what Anderson does and gets caught... what a fool threads/post emerge. He got caught ... that is all.

No, Silva DID DO WHAT HE DOES AND GOT CAUGHT WHILST DOING SO.

He overdid it in that fight. For sure.

That thought always crossed my mind as well. After the fight people said he did that kind of stuff every fight, but i think he took it to another level in the weidman fight. I dont even remember seeing him try to counter.

That thought always crossed my mind as well. After the fight people said he did that kind of stuff every fight, but i think he took it to another level in the weidman fight. I dont even remember seeing him try to counter.

Cool story bro, how about the second fight?

The last time Anderson got even close to that amount of taunting was the Maia fight. A fight that was considered a huge blemish in his streak during his reign.

The ironic thing though is that its his own hardcore fanbase who pushed the idea of him being a cocky asshole rather than just playing mindgames to unsettle opponents(which I think is the truth) because that allowed them to believe that he could have destroyed guys like Maia and Leites if he'd chosen to do so rather than that he had to stall to decisions against them because he wasn't able to attack without the risk of being taken down.

The same fanbase of course who also loved to talk shit about anyone they viewed as a "rival" with regards to PEDs, all in all they did a fine job of making sure when the fall came it was much harder than it needed to be.

It was both. He had a style in the ring comparable to Ali in which he'd attempt to make the opposing fighter think they aren't worthy or capable of hurting him which in turn is a mental strategy. He did destroy Maia. He battered his face, defended every takedown, and outstruck him badly.

You're simply a delusional Fedor fan. It's funny how you always talk about Anderson and his fans when Fedor's career isn't as great as Anderson's and his fans are 10x more delusional.

Anderson is one of the greatest ever, no one denies that. But don't also act like his legacy wasn't already tarnished from the Maia/Leites fights, the Chris just sealed the deal.

i've never understood this, i know people thought they were boring/disrespectful or whatever but if you can fuck around that much in a fight and still comfortably win while making your opponent look dumb i think it adds to how good you are/were.

plus i thought the maia fight was so ridiculous that it was entertaining.

Anderson still the GOAT but 'The Eye Poke Gawd' coming for the crown.

i've never understood this, i know people thought they were boring/disrespectful or whatever but if you can fuck around that much in a fight and still comfortably win while making your opponent look dumb i think it adds to how good you are/were.

Agreed. And people often throw in the Cote fight as well. Since Anderson didn't finish Cote in 2 rounds that means he somehow sucked.

Got carried away and paid for it. Shit happens, even to the best. A KO and leg break don't take anything away from his GOAT career. He was going to fall at some stage. Late thirties in MMA, just a matter of time.

His stratagy failed him. The biggest lock in history was Weidman in Weidman/Silva II.

I was waiting for him to knock out Weidman the whole time, that's why when he got Ko'd I wasn't one of the people saying it was a fluke. He literally was starting to toy in every fight and it was actually a great tactic of his, but it finally caught up to him.

I see that, but then if you really are that good then just finish the guy at some point.
Not even much of purist but it was bad for his legacy and for martial arts, which is why Chris' wierd right swing/left hook was so satisfying.

Back