Just re-watched Weidman vs. Silva 1

• Thread starter Deleted member 265015
  • Start date
Agreed

I just wished he embraced that role as the evil Silva.

I think he did, look at his weigh ins and his overall demeanor during fight week. He just doesn't trash talk because it's not his style (unless you're Maia lol)

I think he did, look at his weigh ins and his overall demeanor during fight week. He just doesn't trash talk because it's not his style (unless you're Maia lol)

I was really pumped when he started clowning Chris Weidman I just hoped he had not went to far that night Chris might still have beaten him but at the least it could have been a more competitive fight.

He never stood in the pocket, faked being on wobbly legs, and then tried to dodge strikes without attempting to counter.

He did the same hands down dodge as he did in other fights like the Forrest fight. Only difference is .. this time he got caught. He stood / laid against the fence in the Bonnar fight with his hands down standing toe toe. It is hard to counter when you just got KO. I am also fairly certain he faked being hurt in fights before as I remember seeing it. I just can't remember what one(s) but I might be wrong on that. And I don't care enough to search out videos / gifs or re-watch anything to prove it.

No-one can take away he was one of the best and I enjoyed watching him fight but it is what it is. It wasn't a lucky shot ... he didn't lose because he was being "cocky" or "clowning". He lost using the same style of fighting that made him famous.

Back