Just re-watched Izzy Vs Costa

giphy.webp

No one hyped up Costa to beat Izzy in here more than me. Then the fight happened and Costa looked so bad. He looked kinda shocked when Izzy landed the first kick.

I still stood by Costa after the fight tho. I guess between the 100+ excuses, fight pullouts and almost a year since the lame performance, im out.

Um… he’s getting his hair done

<Kpop01>

Honestly I think Adesanya is the best middleweight we've seen so far, past, present. Hell Chael Sonnen was able to pressure a prime Silva with sloppy boxing and Romero and Costa are barely moving towards Adesanya for a very real fear of the counter.
Jan was able to control and walk Izzy down as well. Chael started his cut at around 240 and was an absolute monster at that time.

Romero typically waits for a counter. That wasn't fear so much as a stylistic problem. Costa was plain shook.

Jan was able to control and walk Izzy down as well. Chael started his cut at around 240 and was an absolute monster at that time.

Romero typically waits for a counter. That wasn't fear so much as a stylistic problem. Costa was plain shook.
Jan is much bigger than Chael. Also, I feel like while Silva was better off his back, he had worst distance management and TDD than Israel. So, basically I think Israel would beat Sonnen. Would probably be similar to the Vettori fight but Chael had worst chin and boxing.

I definately see it as a performance where it's hard to be mad at costa. he can say he was drunk and blah blah blah but everything he tried failed, it's not like he fought stupid or had an awful performance. isreal was just amazing that night

giphy.webp

No one hyped up Costa to beat Izzy in here more than me. Then the fight happened and Costa looked so bad. He looked kinda shocked when Izzy landed the first kick.

I still stood by Costa after the fight tho. I guess between the 100+ excuses, fight pullouts and almost a year since the lame performance, im out.
Ditto. Except I was out after the fight. I was so disappointed he showed up like that and just stood there like a punching bag biotch after all that talk. I really thought he was going to go after him and throw some pressure.

the excuses and all the bullshit after really pissed me off too don’t think I can ever root for him again. Just embarrassing

The Paulo fans jumped off that bandwagon almost instantly lol. Further proof that just because you are in real good shape doesn't mean you will be champion.
Good shape = useless show muscle?

People were high on Costa because of his performances, not because of his physique. That fight with Yoel made him look like a killer, really weird he had a performance like that and then totally fell off.

Take out his physique and the performance against Yoel looks unerecting.

Take out his physique and the performance against Yoel looks unerecting.
Unerecting isn't a word, and Yoel was a super good MW that could've easily had the title and defended it if a few close decisions went his way... and Costa beat him.

All you guys talking shit wouldn't have been saying this after it actually happened. Years later everyone pretends like they know everything lol.

It must be a very bad feeling when you realize you have nothing for your opponent. I've experienced it in hockey, but can't imagine this in combat sport.

Its like sinking into mud pit and being unable to stop it.

horrible feeling.

Crazy how Izzy had Romero and Costa shook to the point where they could barely move or attempt any significant strikes.

Costa is one of the most one-dimensional guys in the modern UFC. He's so used to his opponents conceding to his pressure that he had no idea what to do when Adesanya stood his ground.

He did a bunch of shit that made him unlikable lol

"Pretenders" lmao I guess you have undying loyalty for fighters you like that you don't know
........ lol no I don't stop supporting guys I am a fan of cause they lose.

Literally crickets about Costa after he lost. Hilariously fake fanbase. Only fans of winners.

........ lol no I don't stop supporting guys I am a fan of cause they lose.

Literally crickets about Costa after he lost. Hilariously fake fanbase. Only fans of winners.
It's not about him losing, it's about the endless list of excuses, and not fighting since

I'm sure you like everyone else has liked a fighter when they first got popular, and then they did stupid shit that made you not like them lol

The Paulo fans jumped off that bandwagon almost instantly lol. Further proof that just because you are in real good shape doesn't mean you will be champion.

Nah he still my boy. He’ll be back Acaibros.

It's not about him losing, it's about the endless list of excuses, and not fighting since

I'm sure you like everyone else has liked a fighter when they first got popular, and then they did stupid shit that made you not like them lol
Not really.... maybe Conor, after this last bit of things.

To act like a bunch and I mean most of Costa's pretend fanbase didn't desert him immediately after losing is being dishonest

It must be a very bad feeling when you realize you have nothing for your opponent. I've experienced it in hockey, but can't imagine this in combat sport.[/QUOTE]

Can tell you that it fucking sucks. Almost a decade ago when I was still boxing I got paired several times with our gym "boss" for sparring. He was easily 8-10 kg lighter than me but had over 120 amateur fights. He made me look like an utter fool. Never punishing me with too much force but on several occians he could have hurt me bad. It was a very humbling experience

Not really.... maybe Conor, after this last bit of things.

To act like a bunch and I mean most of Costa's pretend fanbase didn't desert him immediately after losing is being dishonest
Wow you used to like Conor and now you don't??? I guess you just ditch whoever starts losing.

They deserted Costa after he choked, and then made ridiculous excuses like drinking wine the night before lmao. And now he hasn't fought in forever and is complaining about pay and shit... stay on your high horse though if it makes you feel better

Wow you used to like Conor and now you don't??? I guess you just ditch whoever starts losing.

They deserted Costa after he choked, and then made ridiculous excuses like drinking wine the night before lmao. And now he hasn't fought in forever and is complaining about pay and shit... stay on your high horse though if it makes you feel better
Don't be mad I pointed Costa's pretender fanbase that has struck a nerve with you when I never even claimed you specifically. Maybe, just maybe, don't be a fake fan and stick with your fighter when they lose, next time, big fella.

I get it though, you're one of those who clearly lives vicariously through fighters and losing doesn't fit your Sherdog shtick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back