Just re-watched Izzy Vs Costa

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score

Crazy how Costa couldn't move forward against Izzy at all. Everything he tried got neutralized instantly.
I think he tried to emulate Romero's passive gameplan to some degree as well - since it worked well against Izzy. I remember Izzy saying in an interview (after the Romero fight) that if someone tried that again against him he had a good counter to that style. Costa definitely pressured a lot more than Romero did, but it did seem like he tried to adopt a more passive approach than usual.

Paulo actually tried knocking out Adesanya. His game plan was to K.O him similar to how Alex Pereira did, except Paulo is not the caliber of striker that Pereira is.

hes a tough guy that's willing to brawl with anyone but I feel like 'I'll hit you and you hit me', while scary for many, is still easier to deal with than getting hit by your opponent without them giving you any opening to make it even. Getting picked apart is a horrible feeling.
i still think we shouldn't blame Costa for fighting bad and not acknowledging Izzy's performance.

The Paulo fans jumped off that bandwagon almost instantly lol.
TalkativeDeadEuropeanpolecat-size_restricted.gif

peeping-coastclear.gif

Last edited:
The Paulo fans jumped off that bandwagon almost instantly lol. Further proof that just because you are in real good shape doesn't mean you will be champion.
giphy.webp

No one hyped up Costa to beat Izzy in here more than me. Then the fight happened and Costa looked so bad. He looked kinda shocked when Izzy landed the first kick.

I still stood by Costa after the fight tho. I guess between the 100+ excuses, fight pullouts and almost a year since the lame performance, im out.

It must be a very bad feeling when you realize you have nothing for your opponent. I've experienced it in hockey, but can't imagine this in combat sport.

Crazy how Izzy had Romero and Costa shook to the point where they could barely move or attempt any significant strikes.
Yeah that's the thing with counterstrikers. You get so nervous closing in on them. Facing a great counterfighter one must change his entire fightingstyle just for that one matchup.

Thing with Izzy is he has great leg kicks too.

The Paulo fans jumped off that bandwagon almost instantly lol. Further proof that just because you are in real good shape doesn't mean you will be champion.
People were high on Costa because of his performances, not because of his physique. That fight with Yoel made him look like a killer, really weird he had a performance like that and then totally fell off.

Remember how massively popular the Natty Goat was on Sherdog??? How every other thread was about how he’d KILL the skinny clown?? How Adesanya couldn’t handle Costa’s pressure???

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Then poof all the Costa fans vanished into the winds

Last edited:
Good fight.

So this is my 2nd account and the website is CRAZY slow. It look like 5 minutes to load this thread. It happened with my last account and I thought maybe it was corrupted or something. This new account was going fine then today it's extremely slow as well. It has nothing to do with my internet because I've used work VPNs, used different browsers, traveled for work and used hotel internet. So I'm very curious why this keeps happening

Izzy beat him senselessly. It was a joke…

i don t really like gyno boy but he was flawless there

People were high on Costa because of his performances, not because of his physique. That fight with Yoel made him look like a killer, really weird he had a performance like that and then totally fell off.
He got boxed up by a guy much older. That fight only further exposed Costa's lack of versatility and cardio.

He didn't kill anything. It was entertaining though.

Back