Just re-watched Izzy Vs Costa

People were high on Costa because of his performances, not because of his physique. That fight with Yoel made him look like a killer, really weird he had a performance like that and then totally fell off.
really weird how he looked great against low level strikers and not so greet against an amazing striker huh?

Yoel took years off of Whittaker's life, KO'd Weidman, Rockhold, Machida, Kennedy, etc. and was a good enough striker to make Izzy run for 5 rounds
so Yoel fought Whittaker in common with Izzy and lost twice against him while Izzy KO'd him like it was nothing. He also literally lost to Izzy. What is your point?

Israel fought on his range. From where he can hit him and not get hit. If you think fighting smart is running, well, you are dumb.

so Yoel fought Whittaker in common with Izzy and lost twice against him while Izzy KO'd him like it was nothing. He also literally lost to Izzy. What is your point?

Israel fought on his range. From where he can hit him and not get hit. If you think fighting smart is running, well, you are dumb.
I'm not saying Yoel is better than Izzy lol, but Costa's fight with Yoel was definitely a reason to be hyped on him

it was actually hilarious how fast the costa
“ fans “ disappeared after that assfucking lmao.

Costa's performance against Izzy was one of the worst title challenges in the UFC's history, not the worst, but top 5 or 6. He did absolutely nothing and got KOed. It was a baffling performance.

Remember when Costa had a bunch of fans on here? I sure did.

Pretenders.

Remember when Costa had a bunch of fans on here? I sure did.

Pretenders.
He did a bunch of shit that made him unlikable lol

"Pretenders" lmao I guess you have undying loyalty for fighters you like that you don't know

People were high on Costa because of his performances, not because of his physique. That fight with Yoel made him look like a killer, really weird he had a performance like that and then totally fell off.
That's something that never made sense to me. His fight against Uriah Hall was a massive tell for how the fight against Izzy would go. Costa is VERY hittable and susceptible to a brawl. As I've said before, I'm a massive fan of Hall, but he shouldn't be making a fight against a title competitor look that competitive.

That's something that never made sense to me. His fight against Uriah Hall was a massive tell for how the fight against Izzy would go. Costa is VERY hittable and susceptible to a brawl. As I've said before, I'm a massive fan of Hall, but he shouldn't be making a fight against a title competitor look that competitive.
Yeah he is very hittable, but looked pretty durable against Yoel. The thought was against Izzy he would walk him down, eat a ton of damage, but still inflict a lot of damage.

giphy.webp

No one hyped up Costa to beat Izzy in here more than me. Then the fight happened and Costa looked so bad. He looked kinda shocked when Izzy landed the first kick.

I still stood by Costa after the fight tho. I guess between the 100+ excuses, fight pullouts and almost a year since the lame performance, im out.
You'll be back for that new hairline

giphy.webp

No one hyped up Costa to beat Izzy in here more than me. Then the fight happened and Costa looked so bad. He looked kinda shocked when Izzy landed the first kick.

I still stood by Costa after the fight tho. I guess between the 100+ excuses, fight pullouts and almost a year since the lame performance, im out.

Don't forget the hair transplant!

Honestly I think Adesanya is the best middleweight we've seen so far, past, present. Hell Chael Sonnen was able to pressure a prime Silva with sloppy boxing and Romero and Costa are barely moving towards Adesanya for a very real fear of the counter.

Back