Just re-watched Cormier vs Bigfoot

Cormier is a serious threat to Jones or Gus. Anyone hating on him now is just being ridiculous. The guy is fast, hits hard, and like you said TS closes the distance extremely well.

hit hard? yes, but he can't even finish Mir lol.
Vera fucking finished Mir while Jones finish Vera easily.

MMA is all about skills not weigh win fight.
Jones is 100x smarter, faster, and a better fighter than Bigfoot.

I am a fan of both and I think cormier would destroy jones. He made a habit of starching men just as tall as jones but much bigger. Bigfoot, Barnett, Sao, Mir etc are all around 6'4, but hit much harder than jones. Jones is not exactly the fastest guy. Cormier closes the distance better than any fighter that is short other than hendricks. I also believe cormier is the better athlete. I might root for Jones though

if cormier went all out he could have finished mir, I think bigfoot is tougher than mir, look at how he hung in there with mark hunt. Cormier was fighting conservatively . It was boring but he wanted to ensure the win. I.e he was not trying to finish,

so Bigfoot has Jones and Gus skills? LOL

Cormier has a chance, but and he will fight Jones after Gus 2 no question ask. it's gonna happen, but let's drop the Bigfoot fight. Bigfoot is like Frieza (Cormier) vs Great Ape Nappa (Bigfoot) something like that.

Cormier (Frieza) vs Jones (Buu)

Where did I say that?

I'll root for anyone against Jones. Gus or Cormier? May the best man win.

bf1.gif

Cormier is certainly quick and can close distance fast but you should never use Bigfoot as a gauge for such things.

Bigfoot is fairly lumbering and his timing isn't above average. Journeyman LHW Mike Kyle at work in that gif.

aplyr.jpg

Ofc, Bigfoot completed the comeback violently but that's beside the point.

Hes not 40-50 pounds lighter at all. Maybe 15-20 pounds, and i dont thinks thats gona add a LOT of speed.

But he's legit, i think he can beat Jones. But thats a really hard one to predict.

Cormier is certainly quick and can close distance fast but you should never use Bigfoot as a gauge for such things.

Bigfoot is fairly lumbering and his timing isn't above average. Journeyman LHW Mike Kyle at work in that gif.

aplyr.jpg

Ofc, Bigfoot completed the comeback violently but that's beside the point.

Horrible example. Kyle hits fucking hard. If Melvin Manhoef comes out and KO GSP it wouldnt make him any less good. Btw point proven already with Manhoef himself. KO Hunt then can't KO other dudes while Hunt goes and takes HW punches like they were nothing.

man, Problem is if Gus beats JJ he is going to face DC, and the problem here is I really, really like both Gus and DC.

But if someone has to win it's gonna be Gus.

Horrible example. Kyle hits fucking hard. If Melvin Manhoef comes out and KO GSP it wouldnt make him any less good. Btw point proven already with Manhoef himself. KO Hunt then can't KO other dudes while Hunt goes and takes HW punches like they were nothing.

My point wasn't about power at all.

Yeah, Vera finished Mir... in his 3rd fight since his motorbike crash and Mir was in the worst shape of his life

Fucking stupidity at its very worst.

Were you even aware Mir had a two year break?

Gus took down Jones at will. I am sure Cormier, if he cant take him down or outstrike, atleast wall n stall to victory.

Cormier is the smartest fighter Jones will ever fight.

what?

He's great but I think Jones can match his speed and use his reach to keep DC's stubby arms from connecting.

He will toss anyone that is in his power zone. I see a lot of fancy footwork from future opponents. :icon_chee

But but Bigfoot was on painkillers that made him dizzy, only reason he lost.

It's a great example. Look at how Silva stands right in front of him and makes no effort to block the punch or move out of the way. Bigfoot Silva is slow as molasses, especially between the ears.

Back