Just re-watched Cormier vs Bigfoot

I agree, he is a legit threat to Jones, but Gus should not be overlooked just because Glover was overmatched (as was expected).

yes, he besmirched bigfoot

he looked damn good against barnett too, he is DEFINITELY a threat at 205. his speed, boxing, power and wrestling are all amazing.

he has had off-days though, he didnt look nearly stunning against mir, staring or nelson

I think DC belongs in the same bracket as gus or jones, but if they fight theres a very real chance that he doesnt "show up" and gets steamrolled.

I think Cormier has the ability to be the champ at both HW and LHW. He can win against Jones but i think his fight with Jones is probably easy to project from Jones' side.

Jones is absolutely not going to let Cormier get close.You talk about Jones doing oblique kicks, extended hands/pawing the face, etc etc (some legal although frowned upon tactics). Wait until his fight with Cormier, you will see all those cheap techniques come into fruition.

Either Cormier forces the close up distance somehow or this fight might look at a lot like Rashad. The reason why i personally think Cormier has a really good chance of winning is his fight awareness. He is really good at reacting during the fight and adjusting his fight style instead of looking like a deer in headlights.

As much as i would like Cormier to win, I'll put my money on Jones.

Bigfoot is at least 2 steps slower than every LHW on the roster.

That said, Cormier is dangerous at LHW. He's looked just as fast as the rest with the wrestling & power to help..

Looking forward to him getting a title shot should he beat Dan.

He is quick....but jones and Gus at lhw are as well.

Maybe he was great in strikeforce. But if anything his UFC run is nothing to write home about. 2 HW boring decisions at LHW 1 win vs the local coffee maker. Him commentating and the interview with JBJ after the glover fight was cringe worthy.

At 205 he admits to lack speed + he is quite small for that devision. I think we are in for more wall n stall dirty boxing like Couture use to do. 1st he got to take care of Hendo.

Maybe he was great in strikeforce. But if anything his UFC run is nothing to write home about. 2 HW boring decisions at LHW 1 win vs the local coffee maker. Him commentating and the interview with JBJ after the glover fight was cringe worthy.

At 205 he admits to lack speed + he is quite small for that devision. I think we are in for more wall n stall dirty boxing like Couture use to do. 1st he got to take care of Hendo.

Talking about an interview in a topic about FIGHTING. What a ***. Relax yourself, DC is better than Jones in every way.

Go do your nails.

And I gotta tell you, At first, I thought Jones and Gus would steamroll him, but, now, I think Cormier is a big time threat to Both of them at 205.

Now, I know alot of you are going to disagree with this by saying something along the lines of "DC doesn't have the reach to do anything against Jones or Gus" but I gotta disagree.

Cormier looked fast when it came to closing the distance against BF when he Knocked him out and I can only assume now that he's about 40-50 pounds lighter he can do the same thing at LHW. I know it was only Patrick Cummins that he fought, but Cormier looked like the weight drop had absolutely no effect on him whatsoever.

I can't wait to see him fight either one of those guys down the road.

Agreed man DC is a beast overlooked by jones fans. The guy can beat anyone at that weight class. I could see Lyoto catching him but that's about it, and even that DC wins 9/10 times

I'm looking forward to those fights, but BF is pretty slow. It isn't that hard to look fast next to him. DC was fast but somewhat small for a HW, he will be strong for a LHW. We'll see what happens.

Talking about an interview in a topic about FIGHTING. What a ***. Relax yourself, DC is better than Jones in every way.

Go do your nails.

yup great indepth analysis. Would read again + i am convindced now that DC is way better then jbj.

did you even watch the DC UFC fights?

Very much looking forward to seeing him fight Jones.

DC is a beast but father time is against him right now. How longer will he be able to keep that pace? He's 35. He better fight Jones NOW.

He is legit, for sure. But the thing to think about is, yes he shed weight but the guys at 205 are a lot faster. A guy like Rashad would run circles around him, and Bones could avoid his attempts.

I believe the way for Cormier to win is not rushing in but anticipating and man-handling him

DC's the man, and props to AKA for producing strikers with good use of reach given their height, whether they're tall or short. And most, since being wrestlers, have abandoned their usual shoulder stiffness and have become fluid strikers while keeping other areas sharp.

DC is behind Cain in ground grappling, that's the one area he'd need to round up more to make that wrestling a big threat.

Gus' style of moving constantly on the outside and picking his shots is tough for DC's inside style, but I'd favor him against the rest.

DC has a legit shot at Jones, just need to make sure he gets to the title shot safely with no injuries with hands

Over 5 rounds, my feeling is that Jones will systematically break him down and UD him.

Back