Just re-watched Cormier vs Bigfoot

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
And I gotta tell you, At first, I thought Jones and Gus would steamroll him, but, now, I think Cormier is a big time threat to Both of them at 205.

Now, I know alot of you are going to disagree with this by saying something along the lines of "DC doesn't have the reach to do anything against Jones or Gus" but I gotta disagree.

Cormier looked fast when it came to closing the distance against BF when he Knocked him out and I can only assume now that he's about 40-50 pounds lighter he can do the same thing at LHW. I know it was only Patrick Cummins that he fought, but Cormier looked like the weight drop had absolutely no effect on him whatsoever.

I can't wait to see him fight either one of those guys down the road.

Last edited:
yup closing the distance is what Cormier does best. He's gonna waste Jones

Wresting, check. Quick hands, check. Power, check. Grappling and clinch work, check. The only thing we don't know about DC is his submission game and submission defense largely due to not being in the position to have to show us. His chin test is coming up against Henderson. If he passes that he'll be tough to stop. Jones is crafty though, and until proven otherwise he still has to be a large favorite.

He has fight instinct if his cardio catches up to his skill he is tough to beat.

Welcome to the DC bandwagon Mikeyz, we've been waiting for you.

I think DC has what it takes to give Jones a very good fight.

Cormier is the truth.
Black Fedor 2.0

Kyle dropped BF and almost finished him. I think that says less about DC closing the distance and more about BF not being able to handle smaller quicker guys because of his slow reflexes due to his huge frame. Look at what roy nelson did to struve, that wasnt because roy was quick at closing distance, its cause struve was too long and slow. DC will not beat jones, hes not fast enough period, if he can wrestle him down he wont be able to keep him there, especially as the fight goes on. Hes gonna look a little better than glover and thats about it, rashad landed his biggest punches and it did very little damage. Gus is the only one with a chance cause he can reach him and thats y they are gonna rematch first.

I think he has a great shot, but looking fast against BF is not a huge deal.

DC is a credible contender in two divisions. he is definitely legit,

I've been on this wagon a while! Cormier All day, Jones is gonna get whooped!!! I'll be surprised if it's anything less then a 49-46 fight for DC

People can say he doesn't deserve much at lhw, but the dude is legit.

He is legit and the UFC won't pay any attention but he should have to get in line and fight his way to a title shot. Nothing wrong with that. But hey we're talking about the UFC, home of the undeserved title shot:icon_chee

Wresting, check. Quick hands, check. Power, check. Grappling and clinch work, check. The only thing we don't know about DC is his submission game and submission defense largely due to not being in the position to have to show us. His chin test is coming up against Henderson. If he passes that he'll be tough to stop. Jones is crafty though, and until proven otherwise he still has to be a large favorite.

Being at AKA you can assume his sub defense is legit

Anybody who half knows what they're talking about knows that DC and Gus are the biggest threats to Jones at lhw. It's no secret.
DC better show up big against Hendo and make a statement, Hendo won't even have trt this time.

I always thought Cormier is going to be HW champ, just check out my sig. Now that he is at LHW I somehow think he may have more problems. But we will see.

Gonna be tough to close distance with those fingers in his eyes.

Back