Just re-watched Cormier vs Bigfoot

Kyle dropped BF and almost finished him. I think that says less about DC closing the distance and more about BF not being able to handle smaller quicker guys because of his slow reflexes due to his huge frame. Look at what roy nelson did to struve, that wasnt because roy was quick at closing distance, its cause struve was too long and slow. DC will not beat jones, hes not fast enough period, if he can wrestle him down he wont be able to keep him there, especially as the fight goes on. Hes gonna look a little better than glover and thats about it, rashad landed his biggest punches and it did very little damage. Gus is the only one with a chance cause he can reach him and thats y they are gonna rematch first.

Gus took down Jones at will. I am sure Cormier, if he cant take him down or outstrike, atleast wall n stall to victory.

Cormier is the smartest fighter Jones will ever fight.

If Cormier's gas tank is like Cain at LHW he's going to be a problem for everyone. Hendo is getting GnPed in this next match

Gus took down Jones at will. I am sure Cormier, if he cant take him down or outstrike, atleast wall n stall to victory.

Cormier is the smartest fighter Jones will ever fight.

Uh, no.

Pretty easy to look fast against the likes of Jeff monson, josh Barnett, frank Mir & Bigfoot silva

And I gotta tell you, At first, I thought Jones and Gus would steamroll him, but, now, I think Cormier is a big time threat to Both of them at 205.

Now, I know alot of you are going to disagree with this by saying something along the lines of "DC doesn't have the reach to do anything against Jones or Gus" but I gotta disagree.

Cormier looked fast when it came to closing the distance against BF when he Knocked him out and I can only assume now that he's about 40-50 pounds lighter he can do the same thing at LHW. I know it was only Patrick Cummins that he fought, but Cormier looked like the weight drop had absolutely no effect on him whatsoever.

I can't wait to see him fight either one of those guys down the road.

Have thought for a long time he could be LHW champ. I actually think he could best Cain at HW.

He is legit and the UFC won't pay any attention but he should have to get in line and fight his way to a title shot. Nothing wrong with that. But hey we're talking about the UFC, home of the undeserved title shot:icon_chee

What line? Gus is already rematching for the title. If DC beats Hendo, who would you put into a title shot before him?

the man is certainly a stud, but I'm imagining a MASSIVE difference between closing distance on bigfoot and Jones/Gus.

Bigfoot isn't exactly nimble, elusive or quick for that matter.

I'm still comfortable picking JJ/Gus over DC.

Welcome to the DC train buddy. JJs reign is coming to an end within a year, barring injuries.

dc has the speed, power, and wrestling to give jones a ton of problems. we'll see how well he can put it together at LHW though. imo hendos cardio will prevent dc from getting a real test. dc will take him down and work from the top until hendo is gassed or the fight is over

i gave glover pretty much zero chance. his plodding style did much better than i expected though. i think DC can legit take jones down. i think dc can cause jones a ton of problems clinching against the cage. i think dc has the speed and movement to just get picked apart from the outside. and i also think dc has the power to earn jones respect

i think this is yet another fight that will come down to cardio. imo dc is the better wrestler and can hold his own for a round or 2 but will he fade?

Cormier doesn't quite have the speed of Fedor, but he's very close to the body type. With his ridiculously good wrestling and solid hands and power, he's going to a threat to anyone. He's basically competing in the division the Fedor should have been had he dieted a little weight and did weight cutting like everyone does now.

Jones is an animal, but Cormier poses problems to him not many fighters can offer.

That being said, if Jones rematches Gus and beats him, and then beats Cormier, for mine, he might well be the GOAT.

Gus is the tougher matchup for Jones imo. Both wouldn't be easy matchups for Cormier for that matter.

It's a shame Cormier didn't want to wait for the Davis/Rumble winner. First Cummins, now Hendo these fights tell us little about how much he's truly retained with the drop to 205 and how he stacks up against the top LHWs. Daniel seems to have retained his speed and power but when it's against a guy like Cummins and now one of the slower LHWs in Hendo it's hard to really gauge.

DC is an elite fighter. Top 5 in the UFC in just a few years of fighting. But he did have a ton of top-tier wrestling experience. It's to be expected from someone with that kind of drive and work ethic.

Back