Just got engaged and worried bout the wedding already

My girl wants a huge church wedding tho

best of luck to you, bro. just remember, if you ever get a divorce, you're not getting any of that money back.

i kind of liked my wedding. it was very private, sneaky, and romantic.

Know and accept this: The wedding has fuck all to do with you. It goes from her mother, to your mother, to your fiance. Your job is to stand up there with a smile, and pay for it all.

i always thought that the bride's father was supposed to pay for it. you are kind of taking her off his hands. is there any dowry?

Gotta save thousands of quid,deciding who to invite and pissing off some ppl, organising the bleeding thing etc.
Just hope I have a few beers before the cermony or I can see myself fainting in front of 300 friends and family lol
Need some advice from the married men on how to cope with the stress of it all and to get through the big day

do yourself a favor and either elope or call it off

i always thought that the bride's father was supposed to pay for it. you are kind of taking her off his hands. is there any dowry?

If you are lucky enough to have the brides father pay for it, good on you, jackpot! Maybe I'm in a different part of the world from you, but dowry isn't very common place.

The best way to do it is to give yourself time to plan and pay for everything. My bro was engaged for a year and by the time the wedding came around, his plans were set and everything had been paid off.

Know and accept this: The wedding has fuck all to do with you. It goes from her mother, to your mother, to your fiance. Your job is to stand up there with a smile, and pay for it all.

Easier said than done tho. I know ill be a nervous wreck and will end up not enjoying the day....well, unless I start on the booze earlier on the big day. 5 or 6 pints of lager should sort the head out

i respect you for saving thousands of squid. having said that, i feel you should worry about your wedding first. head to the sea after the wedding. takes a real man to stick up for those little guys, but goddamnit man get your priorities in line.

Rofl niiice

If you are lucky enough to have the brides father pay for it, good on you, jackpot! Maybe I'm in a different part of the world from you, but dowry isn't very common place.

Here in england the brides father is meant to pay for the wedding but since hes locked up theres no chance of that happening

Here in england the brides father is meant to pay for the wedding but since hes locked up theres no chance of that happening

oh! sorry to hear that. maybe you can try getting a seasonal job to get some extra quid.

Easier said than done tho. I know ill be a nervous wreck and will end up not enjoying the day....well, unless I start on the booze earlier on the big day. 5 or 6 pints of lager should sort the head out

There is no easier said than done. The sooner you accept it, the sooner you can make peace with the process. lager helps with this realization. also...
keep-calm-and-have-some-glove_zpsead844d4.png

i dont think i can get married without a pre-nup. might not even do it after that.

seen alot of good men taken to the cleaners via the law system

i dont think i can get married without a pre-nup. might not even do it after that.

seen alot of good men taken to the cleaners via the law system

All good for me cos she earns more so doesnt bother me

it'll be fine, money is over rated, elope and spend the cash on the honeymoon

Ah ic. Well, then follow my advice, and should be smooth sailing. Its kinda suppose to be tradition for the father of the bride to pay in my neck of the woods to, but not so much anymore unless they make good coin. myself and friends/fam that have gotten married have all paid for it themselves, and typically receive enough through cash gifts to cover the costs in the end. If you're saving for it now, good stuff! You will be disciplined with the wallet to securely start your family through saving a chunk of change for the wedding.

i respect you for saving thousands of squid. having said that, i feel you should worry about your wedding first. head to the sea after the wedding. takes a real man to stick up for those little guys, but goddamnit man get your priorities in line.

Oh my God. hahaha. TS should read this so may relax a bit, What the hell with saving squid they make nice cocktail food Grilled squid.

Back