Just broke up with my girlfriend- am I being unreasonable?

Tell your gf you have a lesbian friend and will go on a vacation with her. Your gf will flip.

Meh, not that it matters, a little OT, but I don't think that's necessarily true.

Most lesbians in my experience are your stereotypical short-haired, not-shaving-my armpits, vegetarian, feminist, man-hating breed of lesbian. Good luck as a straight man even befriending one of those, never mind going on a road trip with one.

The other type of "lesbian" (not even bisexual) is the "I got drunk at a party and made out with a chick to tease the boys", type "lesbian", which is in fact a straight woman.

Any of the gay guys I've met that try to be besties with a chick have appeared to want more. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has been after her for the whole 7 years. Any decent looking girl doesn't need to go thru that charade to get a guy she wants.

Yeah I'm just bummed. I just finished booking a sightseeing plane ride in LA and bought her a camera earlier this week for her upcoming birthday. The only part I'm not looking forward to is explaining to my parents, I feel as though they think I'm going to become depressed and try to convince me to win her back because I don't want to explain the details to them

wat details? just say she left u 4 a gay dude. theyll be shocked & sympathetic @ the same time

TS is a reasonable man! The fake fruit needs to get put in his place too

You did the right thing. Just end it, dont need to get violent with the fake queer, if she would rather choose a trip with him than a relationship then she never respected you. Forget her.

No matter the personal preference of individuals not all are reliable in relationships. Just find someone that is worth it. If she sways to her friend and yourself then maybe she is not ready for a serious relationship.

My girl's best friend happens to be a [size=+1]gay[/size] dude and they've known each other for 7 years plus.

Anyways while he was away, out of the blue when my girlfriend was talking to me about him, she told me the night she told me to pick her up from his house one night months ago was because he recently got dumped by his boyfriend and [size=+1]was begging my girlfriend to have sex with him[/size].

Was I being unreasonable?

i think the word you are looking for here is bisexual.

and no, you weren't being unreasonable. but were i you, i probably would have just kept her on the line for casual protected sex until i found an upgrade instead of immediately kicker her to the curb.

turn about is fair play after all.

He probably prefers dick but is clearly swinging both ways. He begged your girlfriend to fuck him at his house, and she wants to share a room with him.

Fuck that. Treat it like he's straight. It's really the same thing.

There is one constant I know in life

You can't tell a woman shit yet she'll try and tell u what to do on a daily.

Tell her to ease on down the road ..

Given the situation you laid out, she didn't respect the conditions you had for her.

Once she realized you were serious about ending the relationship, she could have offered to stay together with you if she completely ended the friendship with the gay guy.

But no, she didn't hold the relationship, or rather you, to that high of an importance. If it didn't end over this, it would have over something else. So, it's good it ended now to avoid your time being wasted.

Right now, as you're reading this, gay balls are probably bouncing off her chin.

Lmfao I honestly wasn't expecting the last line.

They might not have fucked before, but they will now.

That being said after her giving you an ultimatum like that you did the right thing.

My girl's best friend happens to be a gay dude and they've known each other for 7 years plus.

He's a cool guy but sometimes his personality is unbearably annoying. However, I have never said a word to my her. My girlfriend and him are really close, they occasionally end up crashing at each other's houses. This never bothered me because I knew of the guy before I even dated her, and mainly because well he's flamboyant. Also I'm not the insecure type.

Well the guy ends up moving and him and my girlfriend stayed close friends. I never had an issue with this at all whatsoever.

Anyways while he was away, out of the blue when my girlfriend was talking to me about him, she told me the night she told me to pick her up from his house one night months ago was because he recently got dumped by his boyfriend and was begging my girlfriend to have sex with him.

Now when the guy ended up moving back, there was some issues. She accused me of not trusting her but that was not the case.I never worried that she was going to have sex with him, but I felt extremely disrespected. I didn't consider the guy a threat but I told my girlfriend I don't care to hang out with the both of them anymore. When I did see him, I would always be polite. My girlfriend agreed to no longer crash at each other's places, and if they did, he would take the couch.

Well anyways, she tells me they're going to go on a road trip for two days to Arizona (she asked me first to go but I couldn't due to work). When I hear this, the first thing I asked was what are the sleeping arrangements, and she said they are going to get a hotel room. I tell her that I'm not okay with it, due to the principle of the guy trying to have sex with her to which she responds "you don't understand, that's just the way he is" and then keeps on saying she's not going to stop being friends with him. I tell her that I never asked her to stop being friends, and all I'm asking is for her to respect my wishes. She then gives me an ultimatum of approving the trip or breaking up with her so I broke up with her.

Was I being unreasonable?

You did the right thing. Don't get hung up on her. There's way WAAAAAY too many good women out there to be trippin' over this.

Meh, not that it matters, a little OT, but I don't think that's necessarily true.

Most lesbians in my experience are your stereotypical short-haired, not-shaving-my armpits, vegetarian, feminist, man-hating breed of lesbian. Good luck as a straight man even befriending one of those, never mind going on a road trip with one.

The other type of "lesbian" (not even bisexual) is the "I got drunk at a party and made out with a chick to tease the boys", type "lesbian", which is in fact a straight woman.

Any of the gay guys I've met that try to be besties with a chick have appeared to want more. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has been after her for the whole 7 years. Any decent looking girl doesn't need to go thru that charade to get a guy she wants.

Just stop.

She didnt respect you. You did the right thing. If she can find a boyfriend that will be cool with her sharing sleeping quarters with another dude, good luck to her.

TS, you don't strike me as a Boss, but the way you dealt with the situation was

I'd have done exactly the same, you handled the situation well IMO.

she didn't respect you, or the relationship, you did the right thing, you don't need a little girl that wants drama, you need a woman that you can trust, laugh with, and not have to worry about what she does. Good job

Yeah I'm just bummed. I just finished booking a sightseeing plane ride in LA and bought her a camera earlier this week for her upcoming birthday. The only part I'm not looking forward to is explaining to my parents, I feel as though they think I'm going to become depressed and try to convince me to win her back because I don't want to explain the details to them
Do you live in Toronto by any chance?

Through a friend, I used to know this overly-flamboyant gay dude whose best friend was this chick, and they were neck and neck in competing for the most annoying person I had ever met.

I don't see what the guy claiming to be or have been gay has to do with you being unreasonable for preferring your gf not put herself a situation where he can consummate his desire to bang her.

If he was a "straight" guy would she have expected you to be cool with it?

Back